Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 07:27 AM

513 posts, read 646,949 times

Advertisements

Look at the incredible chaos that happened in New England several years back that was caused by just 2 men (2 black muslim snipers.)

Then look at Katrina, the Fed, State and local government were impotent.

Look at what 12 men did on airplanes.

The point? Society is a lot more fragile than you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 08:19 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,552,439 times
Default Irreconcilable Differences

As I recently stated on a similar thread:

Aaargghh...every executive order, every ear mark, every legislation approved and planned is simply blue state values trying to be applied to the entire country and it simply won't work b/c the red states simply don't and will never share those values. Such actions will only stoke the fires -- I hate to see a divorce happen in this country, but having lived in both blue and red states, and having been a liberal and now a conservative, I truly believe that, as much as possible, leadership should be local and that Washington's role should be far smaller than it is.

These people are not simply ignorant. They don't need blue staters to "enlighten" them. As the Tractor Supply ad says: "Its Different Out Here"

Here are some examples:

Red staters usually need to drive long distances to find work and/or run errands. They don't have metro buses and subways -- the distances are way too large! They need gas to be cheap and affordable. They need their cars to be strong and reliable -- electric vehicles have not demonstrated this ability. Common sense tells them -- drill!

Because jobs and money are scarce, many Red staters tend to also rely on hunting for their survival. They need guns for hunting. They tend to live in remote areas and need to protect themselves and their property b/c a call to the cops may take way too long. They also don't trust the government and feel they may need to protect themselves from them as they famously did against the British during the Revolutionary War.

Red staters tend to have Christian values. Whether you agree with those beliefs or not, you must respect their religious rights. They simply can't support sending their tax dollars to fund abortions and/or pay for STD and stem cell research. Similarly, the Christian faith does not espouse gambling, so a red stater with such beliefs does not support sending their tax dollars to pay for a high speed sin train from LA to Las Vegas.

Red staters tend to live in places where jobs are scarce. They don't understand why one nickel should go to helping illegal aliens live in this country when law-abiding citizens like themselves are getting laid off or having a lot of trouble finding steady work. Similarly, they don't understand why Washington hands down all kinds of edicts to protect some random bird and thus prevent them from earning a living when their own kids are starving.

Those are just some examples...don't put down the red stater for his/her values; he/she is simply a product of his/her environment, much like a blue stater is a product of their environment. To all cynical blue staters, I challenge you to spend one year in a red state and really get to know these folks.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:23 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have never seen our fellow Americans so angry, frustrated and ready to explode. I was listening to the Glenn Beck show a few days ago and he touched on the subject of a possible Civil War in the next 4 years. I am preparing for the worst, how are you preparing for the coming Civil War?
I prepared myself years ago.

It is sad to think how many innocents will be killed simply so some can try and impose their desires upon others.

I hope if/when the times comes, that those in law enforcement who do not support the government usurpation of power resign.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:32 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Except for the dirt road we have where we can just walk across the border anytime since both customs building are unmanned or just paddle up the lake in Glacier Park and cross into Waterton, now that's a wonderful "highway" to travel.
Sure is , been there , done that , several years ago. You don't have any big ships to transport goods however. ( and , thats a good thing for your environment ). Those old White tour limos with modern Ford chassis , are neat.
Too bad you are loosing your glaciers though. I did the Highway to the sun , several times , in vintage iron.... 1913 Marmon , 1938 Packard , 1939 Packard , .
My wife left most of her hair there one year , going thru chemotherapy , thats another story..

Old 02-26-2009, 08:54 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,613,160 times
/\ I know right.

As much as I agree with the republicans, I have got to say the level of unhinged rethoric coming from certain corners is really scary. It would be nice if some people here would simply come clean and say that having a Black Man in the white house was too much for them psychologically. Between all the screaming about Illegals, "Welfare Queens", "Islamo-fascists", "Gays", whoever, it makes me wonder where alot of people are coming from pyschologically...

I quite literally do think we will see a very potent Neo-Nazi movement in the coming decades....

Old 02-26-2009, 09:27 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
/\ I know right.

As much as I agree with the republicans, I have got to say the level of unhinged rethoric coming from certain corners is really scary. It would be nice if some people here would simply come clean and say that having a Black Man in the white house was too much for them psychologically. Between all the screaming about Illegals, "Welfare Queens", "Islamo-fascists", "Gays", whoever, it makes me wonder where alot of people are coming from pyschologically...

I quite literally do think we will see a very potent Neo-Nazi movement in the coming decades....

It would be ever so much more productive to focus on a strategy for 2012. Not just candidates, but issues. Just saying you think the other fellow's wrong doesn't cut it, nor does saying we'll throw away everything but the Constitution and pretend we live in the 1700's. There is an opportunity here to win, unless we just choose for a second time to force the job upon Mr. Obama and the Democrats.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:14 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
/\ I know right.

The skinheads and "neo nazis" and such , hiding out in compunds out in the weed are a prety small group and the main threat they represent is more as looters and thugs if things fall apart. They don't have the real numbers (and never will IMHO) to be much more than that. wackos like them will find honsest folks protecting their homes and families to be FAR more than they are capable (or equipped) to deal with. We average folks with a little foresight are far more formidable than a lot of folks think. If things get as bad as the hypothetical we are discussing here a LOT of decent people will find it in them to pull it together. Extremely rural areas (such as where I live) are populated by tough and self reliant folks that are no strangers to adversity. If some wacko skinhead group or other bunch of would be "occupiers" tried to move in around here in the aftermath of a civil crisis they would find it more than they bargained for. If things get bad and fall apart there is no place I would rather be than right here with my friends and neighbors under the big sky. Yep, country boy CAN survive............

Old 02-26-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
It would be ever so much more productive to focus on a strategy for 2012. Not just candidates, but issues. Just saying you think the other fellow's wrong doesn't cut it, nor does saying we'll throw away everything but the Constitution and pretend we live in the 1700's. There is an opportunity here to win, unless we just choose for a second time to force the job upon Mr. Obama and the Democrats.

Republicans have the right ideas, but I think there is some truth to the statement that intolerance haunts certain corridors of the conservative movement. I am a constitutionalist, but I don't think living a 1776 lifestyle is feasible or even desireable. People act like Alternative energy/transit, Diversity, leaving gays alone, sensable drug laws, and a actual war on terror plan beyond carpet bombing makes you the anti-christ incarnanet.

Conservativism's worst enemy is itself. The vast majority of Americans do not wish to live in an Aryan Nation/Christian version of Iran. Sorry.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The skinheads and "neo nazis" and such , hiding out in compunds out in the weed are a prety small group and the main threat they represent is more as looters and thugs if things fall apart. They don't have the real numbers (and never will IMHO) to be much more than that. wackos like them will find honsest folks protecting their homes and families to be FAR more than they are capable (or equipped) to deal with. We average folks with a little foresight are far more formidable than a lot of folks think. If things get as bad as the hypothetical we are discussing here a LOT of decent people will find it in them to pull it together. Extremely rural areas (such as where I live) are populated by tough and self reliant folks that are no strangers to adversity. If some wacko skinhead group or other bunch of would be "occupiers" tried to move in around here in the aftermath of a civil crisis they would find it more than they bargained for. If things get bad and fall apart there is no place I would rather be than right here with my friends and neighbors under the big sky. Yep, country boy CAN survive............

I thought about heading out to Lancaster, PA myself when the world comes tumbling down (be a farm hand maybe?). Although I wouldn't count city people out, since food has started to be grown in abandoned lots and such...

As far as "Skinheads" go, I read some of these statements and it makes me wonder. I have often been a critic of the subltley anti-white vibe of "Multi-culturalism", but since Obama has been elected, some of the opinions expressed seem to have a very hysterical tone, which to me, is not good....

Old 02-26-2009, 10:35 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have never seen our fellow Americans so angry, frustrated and ready to explode. I was listening to the Glenn Beck show a few days ago and he touched on the subject of a possible Civil War in the next 4 years. I am preparing for the worst, how are you preparing for the coming Civil War?
I plan on being on the side of law and order so I am not too concerned. I will be prepared to defend myself and my family against any rednecks streaming down from their trailers in the hills with pitchforks however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies