U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 08:25 PM

14,811 posts, read 8,146,174 times

Advertisements

I wish there were a tea party planned in my area. I would be there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 08:28 PM

563 posts, read 891,625 times
Here's another protest on the Left Coast:
California Tea Party
And check out:
Total Recall 2009 - It's time to say It’s Time to Say Hasta La Vista, Arnold!
This is in response to the massive tax increases California just approved for the middle class and working poor. The biggest increase in the history of the nation by any state at any time.
And there's more revolt coming...(all peaceful, mind you.)

Old 02-25-2009, 08:41 PM

4,708 posts, read 5,622,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertGirl View Post
California Tea Party
And check out:
This is in response to the massive tax increases California just approved for the middle class and working poor. The biggest increase in the history of the nation by any state at any time.

Don't worry! Your fat cat Repub friends can all afford all those new taxes!

P.S. the "biggest increase" happens to the state with the "biggest economy"!

Last edited by ParkTwain; 02-25-2009 at 08:54 PM..

Old 02-25-2009, 08:52 PM

500 posts, read 451,625 times
Tea parties are for girls...I say we protest in front of Churches, attack Church goers and the elders, get a hold of cross and stomp on it. Ohh wait, that was a flash back from those peace, loving and tolerant Liberals. Mah bad.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Don't worry! Your fat cat Repub friends can all afford all those new taxes!
What are you talking about? Fat Cat Republican friends?
Please elaborate.
Do you have a car? DMV fees will double come April. Like that? Are you rich?
Like to buy things in the store? Sales taxes will go up. Fun for the whole population, wouldn't you say?
Have a job? Earn income? Personal income taxes will now be among the highest in the nation.
Fat Cat Repubs?

Old 02-25-2009, 08:55 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,401,263 times
Quote:
California Tea Party
And check out:
Of course there's "more revolt coming." And the rest of the nation will stand back and marvel at the idiocy of it all. The idiocy of that neo-con base, taking to the streets to follow, predictably, a stockbroker-turned-"journalist." Meanwhile, the true conservatives will finally just say the hell with it and start a new Conservative party, and leave the Republican party to the looney-tunes and their new guru, Rick Santelli.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Of course there's "more revolt coming." And the rest of the nation will stand back and marvel at the idiocy of it all. The idiocy of that neo-con base, taking to the streets to follow, predictably, a stockbroker-turned-"journalist." Meanwhile, the true conservatives will finally just say the hell with it and start a new Conservative party, and leave the Republican party to the looney-tunes and their new guru, Rick Santelli.
California was betrayed by the Republicans and the Democrats. The people will now suffer. The very ones that are losing their jobs, homes, cars. Now the state has laid on a whole new flurry of taxes to feed the maw of big government. My pickup truck costs $450/year to register. That means I pay $450 (it does decrease slightly every year) every year for that little colored sticker that has the last 2 digits of the year on it, thus verifying that I paid my fair share to be able to use our blessed freeways. Next year it will be $800. In total, I will have an extra thousand dollars in registration fees for my vehicles (those that I choose to keep). I can afford it, but how can you justify doing this to the working poor and those struggling to stay afloat in this terrible economy?
I thought liberals were for the working people...
Rick Santelli?

Old 02-25-2009, 09:04 PM

7,352 posts, read 6,401,263 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? Fat Cat Republican friends?
Please elaborate.
Do you have a car? DMV fees will double come April. Like that? Are you rich?
Like to buy things in the store? Sales taxes will go up. Fun for the whole population, wouldn't you say?
Have a job? Earn income? Personal income taxes will now be among the highest in the nation.
Fat Cat Repubs?
DMV fees are set by the state, not the federal government.

Sales taxes are set by the state, not the federal government.

Your taxes won't be affected at all. Unless you earn over $200,000 per year (if you're single) or $250,000 (if you're married). Which I assume is not the case, since people in that salary range would not take to the streets over DMV fees and sales taxes.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
DMV fees are set by the state, not the federal government.

Sales taxes are set by the state, not the federal government.

Your taxes won't be affected at all. Unless you earn over $200,000 per year (if you're single) or $250,000 (if you're married). Which I assume is not the case, since people in that salary range would not take to the streets over DMV fees and sales taxes.
I'm talking about the state, Professor.
"Taking to the streets"? Look at the links....and read...read....

Old 02-25-2009, 09:19 PM

3,100 posts, read 1,525,413 times
LOL...I think movingforward moved past the thread that she wanted to be on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies