Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 11:54 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,784,973 times

Advertisements

You should see it here in liberal Toronto - If you are crossing the street..and walking a couple of dogs - traffic stops as if you are Moses with a couple of chained angels at your side...If you are crossing with a couple of kids - or by yourself they have no concern for you saftey.

If you are a lonely old guy like me...and walking the mutts, people stop and smile and have chats with the animals...with such adoration for the creatures it makes you wonder what they think of the human race in general. It would be a nice world if people would give me a smile once in a while rather than those shedding poop machines that I have become a servant too...but of course folkswill say "Dogs have unconditional love" - which is a whole lot of malarky. What dogs really have is UNCONDITIONAL hunger! They will suck up to anyone that they figure might have a bite to eat in their pocket.

As far as harming a human that was going to harm my dogs...I would give them a hard kick - the same kind of kick I would give the mutts if they were making my life miserable with bad behaviour...The idea of killing a human being in defence of a dog...You would have to be NUTS! Dogs are great..but all dogs have a mouth full of teeth designed to rip flesh..no dog can be trusted 100% around other dogs - adults and especially children. Some dogs will attack kids because they are simply smaller.

Don't get me wrong - I do love dogs..but I am loyal...Loyal to my own species first! Unlike some unbalanced twits who put an animal above the welfare of their own family members. Being raised ancient old school - I was taught by my parents.."There is only one thing above your mother and father - which is God - not the state - not your friends"...and "below your parents are you - and below YOU are the creatures - and below them are the microbes.... That was a thing called order...Any person that puts a dog above a person is OUT of order and less than a barbarian! Looks like Max wants to go out....hummm...He can wait till I am ready...hate being bossed about by the mutts...BUT they are my daughters dogs ...quote "Dad will you take care of the dogs for a month?" - It's been a year - The only reason I put up with the filthy creatures is because I love my daughter.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,155,726 times
I have cats, and a ring necked turtle dove. The ONLY way someone could be threatening one of my pets, is to have broken into my home, which threatens my family and I.

I am an expert shot, and am well trained with my fairborn-sykes. Either or, it will be slow, painful and final. My family, pets and I will be safe.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:02 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,827,778 times
if someone is willing to kill your pet do you actually think you are safe in their presence? I would not.

There are many "humans" using the term loosely that have less value than many pets I've met. Call me callous but I'd take a pet over the group that lured a boy to a girls house so they could beat him and burn his remains...

Old 11-03-2011, 12:24 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,110,373 times
I would not even hesitate. My animals are my family, and I will defend my family with lethal force, if needed.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:40 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,951,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Would you not be inclined to beat the s*** out of them?
Inclined? No I don't think so. One I'm too old to fight and two pushing a dog isn't something that would send me to the ring. I'd say hey what the hell are you doing, he'd say hey get your friggen dog back and I'd say easy man and he'd say ok and we'd go our seperate ways. YOu folks want to start drawing weapons and firing away like it's the old west or something.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:41 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,369,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
I just read a post by somebody who says he could.

I love my cat dearly. I have spent money on her. I would probably spend a lot of money on her if I had to. I understand how people love their pets dearly. I understand how people humanize their pets.

But she is an animal.

A person is a human being.

No animal is worth the life of a human being.

I wonder if there is case law on this. The only place I could imagine something like this being allowed is California or Massachusetts.
If a person actually killed one of our Golden Retrievers, I would have to kill him out of mercy. It would be so much kinder than my wife torturing him ever so slowly.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If your dog would give up it's life defending you but you wouldn't do the same for your dog, then you are lower and less honorable than your dog.
Let me ask my dog what he'd do. He looked at me like I was speaking in some other language. Hmmm. Do you speak dog?

Old 11-03-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiScree View Post
All dogs don't fight when introduced to each other. Do you even own dogs and understand how they react to different situations?

If someone is on your property uninvited and abusing your animal you wouldn't threaten action?

Ohhhhh....look who's implying violence would be the answer to being put under citizens arrest!! We're wound too tight because we're protective of our animals (some of us can't have kids for different reasons) yet you spout off "I'd like to see you try."???

You lost any base to stand on after saying that, sir/maam.
Pushing a dog away and wanting to kill them for it is just stupid. Squealing citizens arrest like barney fife is even dumber. Go yell citizens arrest and try and detain em and see what happens after they stop laughing at you. Do you folks even live on this planet or interact with normal folks or just sit around petting your dogs all day long?

Old 11-03-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I'm with you. If someone was attacking my peaceful dog, I'd do whatever it took to stop them.
How many people walk around attacking peaceful dogs? It seems like an epidemic according to you folks. Is this something new going on? Are there folks walkign around looking to beat up dogs? You folks are really going off the deep end here.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
You should see it here in liberal Toronto - If you are crossing the street..and walking a couple of dogs - traffic stops as if you are Moses with a couple of chained angels at your side...If you are crossing with a couple of kids - or by yourself they have no concern for you saftey.

If you are a lonely old guy like me...and walking the mutts, people stop and smile and have chats with the animals...with such adoration for the creatures it makes you wonder what they think of the human race in general. It would be a nice world if people would give me a smile once in a while rather than those shedding poop machines that I have become a servant too...but of course folkswill say "Dogs have unconditional love" - which is a whole lot of malarky. What dogs really have is UNCONDITIONAL hunger! They will suck up to anyone that they figure might have a bite to eat in their pocket.

As far as harming a human that was going to harm my dogs...I would give them a hard kick - the same kind of kick I would give the mutts if they were making my life miserable with bad behaviour...The idea of killing a human being in defence of a dog...You would have to be NUTS! Dogs are great..but all dogs have a mouth full of teeth designed to rip flesh..no dog can be trusted 100% around other dogs - adults and especially children. Some dogs will attack kids because they are simply smaller.

Don't get me wrong - I do love dogs..but I am loyal...Loyal to my own species first! Unlike some unbalanced twits who put an animal above the welfare of their own family members. Being raised ancient old school - I was taught by my parents.."There is only one thing above your mother and father - which is God - not the state - not your friends"...and "below your parents are you - and below YOU are the creatures - and below them are the microbes.... That was a thing called order...Any person that puts a dog above a person is OUT of order and less than a barbarian! Looks like Max wants to go out....hummm...He can wait till I am ready...hate being bossed about by the mutts...BUT they are my daughters dogs ...quote "Dad will you take care of the dogs for a month?" - It's been a year - The only reason I put up with the filthy creatures is because I love my daughter.
Ah thank you. A well needed dose of sanity injected into this dog loving fest.

"What dogs really have is UNCONDITIONAL hunger!"

Yep!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies