Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:59 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times

Advertisements

I know that there are alot of opinions on who is right. Now i'm seeing alot of Obama bashers after ONLY 30 days in office. Now considering all that has transpired in 8 years shouldn't we give this guy a fair chance? Lets hear from the conservatives/republicans what they thought about the previous president and specifically how you "HONESTLY" think he did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 11:04 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Some people would never admit that he did not do a good job.... personally I think he did a terrible job and hope that Obama can fix some of the mess we got into. However I certainly don't expect him to perform any miracles, after all - he is not a magician. I guess I am just relieved to have someone who can speak intelligently in the White House....
(disclaimer, I am NOT a republican... I supported a 3rd party candidate)

forum rules, please read them

Old 02-25-2009, 11:19 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
As a republican I was very disappointed with George Bush especially after 2004. No leadership, no vision, no take charge and kick butt. Essentially he signed everything that came past his desk and hardly wielded the veto pen or not enough to my liking.

It will be interesting to see over the decades how he is seen in retrospect. Presidents like Lincoln and Truman were not appreciated at the time and as time went by things change.

I do give him credit for the tax cuts which pulled us out of the Clinton recession and tech bust and I give him credit for taking to the bad guys after 9/11.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:39 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I know that there are alot of opinions on who is right. Now i'm seeing alot of Obama bashers after ONLY 30 days in office. Now considering all that has transpired in 8 years shouldn't we give this guy a fair chance? Lets hear from the conservatives/republicans what they thought about the previous president and specifically how you "HONESTLY" think he did.
I don't let Maddow and Olberman tell me what I think or Fox News either. I think GWB did an extremely effective job given his unfortunate circumstances. A lot of people bought into the "change" propaganda during the campaign as though Obama and the Democrats knew something new. Like they had a plan that had never been tried before. Grow up Democrats. There is no free lunch. It's a really screwed up world with difficult problems. Blaming one person for the world's problems is childish. Obama isn't doing anything new. It's called Carternomics and it results in extremely high inflation rates and stagnation. If you're to young to remember it, ask an old person what it was like. It's what gave us this.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=18 - broken link)

And this.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=17 - broken link)

Old 02-25-2009, 11:44 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Wow.... Your freaking base didn't even give one day! They still don't.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Some people would never admit that he did not do a good job.... personally I think he did a terrible job and hope that Obama can fix some of the mess we got into. However I certainly don't expect him to perform any miracles, after all - he is not a magician. I guess I am just relieved to have someone who can speak intelligently in the White House....
(disclaimer, I am NOT a republican... I supported a 3rd party candidate)
Very well put.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
As a republican I was very disappointed with George Bush especially after 2004. No leadership, no vision, no take charge and kick butt. Essentially he signed everything that came past his desk and hardly wielded the veto pen or not enough to my liking.

It will be interesting to see over the decades how he is seen in retrospect. Presidents like Lincoln and Truman were not appreciated at the time and as time went by things change.

I do give him credit for the tax cuts which pulled us out of the Clinton recession and tech bust and I give him credit for taking to the bad guys after 9/11.
sorry but the bad guys are in afghanistan,not iraq-can't let that go.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I don't let Maddow and Olberman tell me what I think or Fox News either. I think GWB did an extremely effective job given his unfortunate circumstances. A lot of people bought into the "change" propaganda during the campaign as though Obama and the Democrats knew something new. Like they had a plan that had never been tried before. Grow up Democrats. There is no free lunch. It's a really screwed up world with difficult problems. Blaming one person for the world's problems is childish. Obama isn't doing anything new. It's called Carternomics and it results in extremely high inflation rates and stagnation. If you're to young to remember it, ask an old person what it was like. It's what gave us this.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=18 - broken link)

And this.

RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=17 - broken link)
If you think GWB did an effective job then you have been living in another country for a few years(namely 8).We would have been better off to let a monkey make all the decisions for us.Left hand for yes,right for no. GWB is by far the worst president in my lifetime---Hands down.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:49 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
He didn't do a good job on cracking down on illegal immigration and as a matter of fact, neither did our God of conservatism - Ronald Reagan - or our Republican led Congress.

President Bush and the Republican Congress also spent too much money.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:12 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

And this.

What is weird about all of those maps is that there are a lot of states left out of the lists. Strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies