Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 05:59 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times

Advertisements

Who gives a f.... about what they do in another country?
At least they are not gonna do it close to my house

They can go to Mexico and have a donkey $%^# them in the #$^# and I wouldn't give a damn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 06:28 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times
[quote=karfar;7646518]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
You're right, your position does not matter, specifically your position on college & teaching the bible at home. You insulted Met & her son w/your response to her post regarding knowing 5 languages. By the way, that IS something to be impressed by & her son will have an edge in the job market compared to most of us americans who are too lazy or think we're too superior to learn a second language.

learn to read and do so with comprehension

Old 02-26-2009, 06:38 PM

240 posts, read 352,407 times
[quote=Chromekitty;7646909]
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post

learn to read and do so with comprehension
Sentence structure anyone?

Old 02-26-2009, 07:09 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Lets please get back to the subject at hand. I think it is incredibly dumb to go to a "lawless" country just so you can drink booze. I never understood the thrill of binge drinking...

Old 02-26-2009, 07:19 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
[quote=fungame;7647032]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post

Sentence structure anyone?
Grammar anyone? (Does anybody care about using sentence structure?)

Old 02-26-2009, 09:16 PM

240 posts, read 352,407 times
[quote=Dopo;7647647]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungame View Post
Grammar anyone? (Does anybody care about using sentence structure?)
Seriously? Not quite sure I see where you were going with this post but w/e.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:40 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,198 times
They should take the time to find out what's going on in the world. If they did that, they would realize that Mexico is dangerously close to becoming a failed state where druglords and chaos rule. Instead of doing this, their attitude is "Hey man, let's go down to Cancun, drink some tequila till we puke, smoke some dope, pick up some skanks, get a new STD," etc.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:18 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
What's funny is the extent some people will go to to say that Mexico is dangerous, close to a failed state, and not a place to travel. None of it is true. While I had a study abroad horror story- I left Mexico because what happened to me brought up recurring issues with a rape that occurred in the UNITED STATES. For most of the time in Mexico, I felt much safer than I ever would in my homecity of Atlanta.

Not all students go there to drink. And students go to drink all over the place. It's just as dangerous to go get trashed for a week in Panama City because, lets face it, drunk people are easy pickings for those who mean to do harm. I know more people who have been raped, assaulted, and robbed in Panama City alone than the entirety of Mexican beaches- though I know more who have visited the Mexican ones.

I went to Mexico to learn more about the world and to become fully bilingual. I succeeded. And if my current relationship fails (as it currently looks like it could be leading to marriage), I will be taking the foreign service exam and CERTAINLY aiding this country with my multilingual skills by working in the State Department. That's more than I can say about monolingual people who cost the State Department tons of money to train in languages. Not to mention that it allows me to study abroad and receive a broader educational background than I could speaking only English and allows me to do work with all kinds of communities and businesses within the US. Sorry that some of you have bought into thinking being multilingual makes you leave the States. All the expats I know here in England are monolingual .

Old 02-27-2009, 11:09 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Ok Chromekitty, you ask me to read & w/comprehension. Wanna expand on that?

Old 02-28-2009, 02:05 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
Well this is a very elitist point of view. Just because someone else's priorities aren't your priorities makes them mixed up? Life is short and you aren't young for long. So what if someone wants to go to the beach? I assume that's what they enjoy. I went on spring break when I was in college. I then graduated, got a real job and wised up (a bit ) but I wouldn't take back anything from my youth (well maybe some dumb things).
Actually, she sounds like someone who has her priorities straight. There's nothing wrong with having fun every now and then, but deliberately going to a location where your life can be at risk is not very smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies