Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:24 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
And the blue states are full of elitist folks such as yourself.

^^^ I don't know how complimenting him makes the case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 01:29 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
And the blue states are full of elitist folks such as yourself.
Well...I honestly to this day have no idea what you or anyone means by "elitist"...could you please clear this up?

Old 02-28-2009, 01:30 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well...I honestly to this day have no idea what you or anyone means by "elitist"...could you please clear this up?
Don't you remember? It was a major Palin talking point.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:30 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Yep. If by "elitist" you mean people who actually bother to EDUCATE themselves on the issues.
Oh I'm well educated on the issues and don't vote on pure emotionalism-driven media hyperbole like most liberals.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Oh I'm well educated on the issues and don't vote on pure emotionalism-driven media hyperbole like most liberals.
Wait a minute, you're the one who brought it up....care to illuminate the rest of us?

Old 02-28-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Elitist in the sense of acting as if you are better than other folks. Calling people who live in red states names such as "stupid" sounds awefully elitist to me. Why not accept the fact that we have different priorities and perspectives on the issues of today instead of resorting to put downs?

Old 02-28-2009, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
^^^ I don't know how complimenting him makes the case?
That wasn't a compliment my dear.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Elitist in the sense of acting as if you are better than other folks. Calling people who live in red states names such as "stupid" sounds awefully elitist to me. Why not accept the fact that we have different priorities and perspectives on the issues of today instead of resorting to put downs?
Ok, well I'm pretty sure I've never put down someone because of where they lived...if I did, I apologize. However, I don't think you need to reserve that particular sort of insult for liberals.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Ok, well I'm pretty sure I've never put down someone because of where they lived...if I did, I apologize. However, I don't think you need to reserve that particular sort of insult for liberals.
Yes, there are plenty of conservative elitist folks as well, as evidenced by some CD postings I've been seeing these days.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:05 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,516,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Generally speaking, red states are full of far more stupid and hateful people than blue states. That's why I don't live in Texas any more. Beautiful state, Austin's the best. But the rest of the state is full of dumbos and bozos. And this is true for most of the South. Sorry, but it is.
I know that Texas became a little smarter and open minded after you left.

Where in the world do you come up with your comedy like comments anyhow? Maybe you lived in some tiny town in North Central Texas or something because you sure are not describing anywhere I have been in Texas. By the way, Austin is no more open minded than Dallas or Houston although I am sure that someone who has no clue told you that Austin was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies