Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 02:50 PM

5,767 posts, read 4,996,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That's no problem at all. Their members are always taking up for black people who do crimes and then whine because they get arrested. They seem to think it is all right for policemen to get shot, but boy the policeman better not kill one of them while protecting themselves.

Save your: Give me an example. Just read the newspaper. I see no difference between this organization and the KKK. Just different colored people. I would not belong to either organization but realize that freedom requires us to accept their right to be.

That is my say and I am sticking to it, because it is true.
Sorry to be a buzz-killer, but several of the people who founded the NAACP were white and/or Jewish. They were decidedly NOT terrorists; the
organization wasn't formed during the sixties but in the 1920s, and their
purpose had to do with civil rights and not any sort of terrorism. There is no excuse to be so uninformed when the truth is available with one click of the mouse. That is your say and you may stick to it, but that doesn't
make it true.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:53 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,042,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Quotes, citations, written examples. Give it your best shot.
Imagine a National Association for the Advancement of WHITE People being formed. It would immediately be called racist.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:27 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,631,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Quotes, citations, written examples. Give it your best shot.
I don't believe the NAACP is a hate group, but as I have said before I think they have strayed from their true purpose and they have hurt their credibility by taking stands on issues that really should have been left out of their agenda.

For instance, the JENA 6 scandal. Here we have a young white person beaten brutally by a group of 6 young black people. Subsequent charges were filed against the teens, but the NAACP immediately jumped in to back up the youths basically on the grounds that they were pushed by racial tensions to commit this violent act and that the black teens were being unfairly prosecuted. Evidence presented spoke of noose's in tree's and earlier racial clashes, but could provide no evidence that the young man who was viciously beaten had anything to do with these earlier incidences. But to the NAACP, this is all trivial. The fact that the white youth was jumped by 6 other youths didn't matter either. All that mattered is they felt the need to protect 6 teens whose cowardly act of revenge on 1 white youth was somehow justified by earlier racial tension. This presents a clear example of the one way street this organization follows and shows that they are anything but impartial.

This is just one of the many instances where the NAACP's power is put to the wrong use. Instead of fighting for the innocents and helping those who really want their assistance, they jump into the fray wherever their presence will gain the most press. Controversy follows them wherever they go because they purposefully place themselves in the limelight dealing with cases that involve criminal activity, all the while fighting for the criminal and leaving their core duties to the black people as a whole unfullfilled.

This is what happens when groups founded on principle grow too large and too powerful. Corruption is everywhere, and will always infiltrate groups with large amounts of influence and power in order to exercise some twisted agenda. So while the group is certainly not a hate group, they do not celebrate life and equality for all as they should. They are too busy taking on the white side of the fence and treating us all as if this is still 1939! New leadership in the organization is needed so that they can get back to their core beliefs and goals and stop meddling in criminal affairs that really are none of their concern.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:30 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,110,328 times
that is simply not true and i am not black.
it is a racial group promoting its own people.
all my dealing with that group have been civil and
fair.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:55 PM

216 posts, read 289,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That's no problem at all. Their members are always taking up for black people who do crimes and then whine because they get arrested. They seem to think it is all right for policemen to get shot, but boy the policeman better not kill one of them while protecting themselves.

Save your: Give me an example. Just read the newspaper. I see no difference between this organization and the KKK. Just different colored people. I would not belong to either organization but realize that freedom requires us to accept their right to be.

That is my say and I am sticking to it, because it is true.
In some cases, it's Klan members as police officers making up freaking charges. Just look at the latest news, a black teenage girl being beaten by the polices (men) while in her jail. Put the shoe on the other foot and you would be on here crying the blue

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-01-2009 at 07:57 PM.. Reason: reference to user

Old 02-28-2009, 04:57 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,916,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatinNJ View Post
In some cases, it's Klan members as police officers making up freaking charges. Just look at the latest news, a black teenage girl being beaten by the polices (men) while in her jail. Put the shoe on the other foot and you would be on here crying the blue
Yeah, the cops are just FULL of klan members.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-01-2009 at 07:58 PM..

Old 02-28-2009, 05:10 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,341,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatinNJ View Post

__________________________________________________ __________

OP: Usually when someone presents a question they would propose their own point of view. I am of the point of view that the NAACP is not a hate group. It will seek the most publicity to try to remind people which is American and not any one single groups monopoly. That tends to polarize...

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-01-2009 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: stereotypical comment

Old 02-28-2009, 05:17 PM

130 posts, read 264,513 times
This is a fact if you are black you can say anything you want and get away with it. I think what most white people are fed up with is that most not all but most blacks blame the white man for thier downfalls..... Its just like an alcoholic, if the alcoholic alwayse blames others and never takes responsibility than he will never stop drinking. This can be said for the black community as well. As long as the black people keep blaming others than they will never get ahead. If this hurts i'm sorry but its a fact go into any major city and you will hear how racist blacks are. THE NAACP IS RACIST BECAUSE THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT AFRICAN AMERICANS AND THATS IT! CAN YOU HONESTLY SAY IF WE CHANGED ABC OR NBC TO WHITE ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION IT WOULD NOT CAUSE A PROBLEM. WHY DONT YOU CHANGE BET TO URBAN TV OR SOMETHING THAT NOT SO RACIAL?

Old 02-28-2009, 05:45 PM

130 posts, read 264,513 times
Are you going to respond to my comment??????? go ahead and read it........ You can not honestly say the naacp does not stir things up which is none of their business anyway read my previous post

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-01-2009 at 08:02 PM..

Old 02-28-2009, 05:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,913,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt757100 View Post
Are you going to respond to my comment??????? go ahead and read it........ You can not honestly say the naacp does not stir things up which is none of their business anyway read my previous post
I'm sorry cpt757100 are you referring to, "This is a fact if you are black you can say anything you want and get away with it. ...?"

As for denying that the NAACP "stirs" things up, I certainly wouldn't even attempt to deny that since "stirring up" is their raison d'etre, in a manner of speaking.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 03-01-2009 at 08:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies