Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 09:11 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,456,406 times

Advertisements

Lot's of opinions...little facts. Go find a Reagan thread (lots on here) and DM me. I'll help you understand through the FOIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 09:22 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,561,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Is that why liberals are moving to "red" southern states in droves? Of course they do this AFTER they have ruined "blue" states with their high taxes, big government and liberal ideology. Then they start the process all over again.
You are talking to the wrong person. I am an Independent center-left minded individual and feel that government needs to be more moderate in scope. We need to have severe oversight and transparency for all spending initiatives with a diversified commission in charge. I vote against big spending reps on the local level because NH derives most of its revenue from property taxes. We do not have a state income or sales tax.
I don't care for the far southern states, but would consider the mid-south.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:27 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Same here. Financially conservative. Socially progressive. Militarily strong. But the GOP is a basket case of whack jobs, racists, and sheer thieves (ala' Wall Street, et al).

The OP is right on the money. If Limbaugh the clown = the voice of the GOP, then it follows that the GOP = clowns and the formula which proves the equation is thus written Palin = clown. But we knew that.
I would have to say my outlook is very similar to "Mike" (no pun intended).

Why is it they keep replaying Ronald Reagan clips over and over. I mean, it's been 20+ freaking years since Reagan left. You mean the RNC can't find someone viable to put out front? I mean seriously.

I really used to like Rush because he was very ra ra ra about the USA- which I'm very pro-America (I believe anybody can be anything). But the venom that comes from his show now is to much.

If he *truly* cares, he should run from president in 2012. However he's always stated clearly he's an "entertainer" and doesn't want to take a pay cut (no faulting him over that) or perhaps the digging in his personal life would be to much or uncover to much.

But this is the economy of political talk shows, ratings probably would be pretty low if it was all happy talk.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post

Why is it they keep replaying Ronald Reagan clips over and over. I mean, it's been 20+ freaking years since Reagan left. You mean the RNC can't find someone viable to put out front? I mean seriously.

I really used to like Rush because he was very ra ra ra about the USA- which I'm very pro-America (I believe anybody can be anything). But the venom that comes from his show now is to much.

If he *truly* cares, he should run from president in 2012. However he's always stated clearly he's an "entertainer" and doesn't want to take a pay cut (no faulting him over that) or perhaps the digging in his personal life would be to much or uncover to much.

But this is the economy of political talk shows, ratings probably would be pretty low if it was all happy talk.
As opposed to FDR? 50 year difference and about 36 trillion....

We are always going to look for an old patriot in a new leader. We get to see how truly great choice that looked absurd otherwise were. It's amazing really to me the intellect of ALL our previous leaders. They do not say, for no reason, the past will be repeated if not paid enough attention to.

Could you imagine being on the world stage and your ideas are it. there is no one to look to. You drop it you bought it...

The Gipper is missing excuse me while I wrap myself in what's left of the American flag.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:37 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,140,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post

When Clinton was doing a good job running this country this fat piece of crap still ran his mouth and whether Billy Boy got a blowjob from Monica--who the hell cares! Bush should have taken a lesson,country first! Now this tub of lard is criticizing but when Bush was sinking this ship we didn't hear much from this unamerican hypocrite.Bill Maher has a talk show and he goes after whoever makes mistakes but I guess when "W" was in office it was like taking candy from a baby with endless material on a daily basis.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:39 PM

2,962 posts, read 3,529,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Same here. Financially conservative. Socially progressive. Militarily strong. But the GOP is a basket case of whack jobs, racists, and sheer thieves (ala' Wall Street, et al).

The OP is right on the money. If Limbaugh the clown = the voice of the GOP, then it follows that the GOP = clowns and the formula which proves the equation is thus written Palin = clown. But we knew that.
Hey wiseguy,
get the scoop on Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac and all of the leftist corruption relating to those two quasi-government entities, I think it is safe to say that the economy has gotten the way it is because of the housing market and many agree that these two companies were giving loans to people who could not afford them.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani Vasquez View Post
Personally I don't care for him.
What about his opinion though?

Old 03-01-2009, 09:47 PM

You know we have always be nostalgic in our history and it's looking more and more like our monetary supply and the lost value of the dollar.

Old 03-01-2009, 09:48 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,272 times
Obumer is a death sentence to this country !

Rush is just pointing out his stupidity.

The more important question is...When Obumer drives this country into the ground will you fools actually admit it that hes an [MOD CUT/crude]?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-02-2009 at 07:51 AM..

Old 03-01-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Obumer is a death sentence to this country !

Rush is just pointing out his stupidity.

The more important question is...When Obumer drives this country into the ground will you fools actually admit it that hes an[MOD CUT/crude]
If that does happen I would be the first in line--Honestly; but because he has the word Democrat tied to him,fat a$$ automatically must tell us he's 100% wrong! Now if Obama is the antichrist,then what the hell was Bush? He was the cause of this problem,but you didn't hear that from lard [MOD CUT/crude],now did ya?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-02-2009 at 07:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies