Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 05:03 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Please give it a rest. Your ignorance of 20th century American political and business history is appalling.
As are your unwarranted personal attacks against another poster.

I'd suggest it is YOU who should "give it a rest"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 05:32 PM

493 posts, read 664,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
The 'Liberal' forums are chock full of 'em.

The 'conservative' forums are chock full of 'em...this site is chock full of 'em....everywhere I look there are conservatives strewn about willy-nilly.
I hang out on all sorts of internet forums from time to time...car forums, blackberry forums, city data, what have you. Almost always there is a political forum chock full of Elmer Fudds and wannabe aristocrats who are convinced hard right ideology will save the world by allowing it to save itself, or something. They think individually, not collectively, and tend to be loudmouthed and obnoxious in their communication. (Not always, but a good deal of the time.)

Old 03-05-2009, 05:57 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Couldn't have said it better!!!

We The People Need To Clean HOUSE, elect new CONGRESS!! Out with the REAL OLD and in with some NEW American Ideas!!
Absolutely ... term limits. Throw the buggers out and let's start fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Please give it a rest. Your ignorance of 20th century American political and business history is appalling.
Was this vapid post supposed to upset me? For your sake, I sure hope not.

If you knew me (and gratefully you don't) you would know that asking me to "give it a rest" just ensures further participation.

Appalling to me is someone getting on their high horse making judgments about that which they know little or nothing about so they merely attack with no substance.

Fortunately, I lived over half of the 20th century, studied it, and know it very well.

But thanks for the giggle!

Old 03-05-2009, 10:25 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,565,078 times
What party do you most support? (regardless of winning potential)

Hmm....seems to me there are more conservatives on these forums (at least).
I knew all those "REPENT~THE END IS NEAR" posts were coming from somewhere...

Old 03-05-2009, 10:32 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
What party do you most support? (regardless of winning potential)

Hmm....seems to me there are more conservatives on these forums (at least).
I knew all those "REPENT~THE END IS NEAR" posts were coming from somewhere...
Without being an azz.... How do you come to the conclusion a poll dominated by libertarians is all about conservatives? Further more only 58 people voted. City Data has a little larger membership base than that....

Old 03-06-2009, 11:38 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Some conservatives really have a lot of trouble accepting personal responsibility, don't they? I said their ideologies failed, not "their policies". Get your quotes right if you're going to quote.

Sure, there were some structures in place from the Democratic days that could have been better (such as the Fannie and Freddie situation), but do you forget the CRIMINAL, clandestine behavior of the Bush administration already?

Do you recall how they pitted Americans against each other to exploit our differences rather than utilize our unity?

Do you remember being lied to about Iraq? I do because I was going to sign up for the military after 9/11. Then I started paying really close attention. LONG before WMDs became a catch phrase, the Bush administration was shopping any reason they could come up with to invade Iraq. I heard the director of communications for the White House in 2002 ramble on for five minutes without ever answering the question of why we needed to invade Iraq.

That was when I knew they were lying. The "liberal" media went right along with it and only years later - after hundreds of thousands of dead bodies - did Americans realize it for themselves.

Do you recall the deregulation of banking and natural resource extractive industries that decimated our economy and ecological health?

Do you recall politicizing the Justice Department?!? Pushing people out who disagreed ideologically with radical neocons?

Do you recall the ovewhelming evidence that the 2004 election was rigged and stolen, giving us a completely illegitimate president?

Do you recall Katrina and the friend of Bush put in charge of FEMA whose prior experience in disaster management was as the head of a horse association?!?

No. Conservatives cannot rewrite history, no matter how much they flood these forums in their attempts to do so. These were criminals who hijacked our White House and we, the collective American people, finally took it back.

Deal with it. You failed.

Damn.. I want to rep you but apparently I can't just yet...LOl

I love , too , how they talk about "punish the successfull??"

Hm.. lets see..

The upper tax brackets have been recieving a nice tax break under Bush.. part of the entire "trickle down economy".. Trickle down my ass..LOL...

Let's see.. in that time American's salaries HAVE DECREASED while the top income of those in higher bracket has DECREASED. The middle class is dissappearing.. .. while we do not pay as much taxes as the top brackets, we bear MOST of the burden.. after all,.. what do those in that top bracket sacrafice to pay their tax bill? Maybe they have to forgo those extras on their BMWs , Mercedes and Lexus they drive (ie; not buy some of the options).. the middle class.. sacrafice much more to meet their obligations..much more..

It seems to me that the middle class has been PUSHED DOWN....and PREVENTED from actually prospering.. so then, who is REALLY being punished here..

Old 03-06-2009, 11:48 AM

370 posts, read 440,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
What were the mid-term elections in 2006?
The Dems have been responsible for a lot more than you think they have.
Maybe you should take a break for Olbermann for a while and join the real world.

You know that there wasnt a filibusters proof(still isnt) majority in the senate?
Attached Thumbnails
Wow, everywhere I look online there are conservatives....-graph.jpg  

Old 03-06-2009, 12:06 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Wow could they make the disclaimer any smaller?

Why is that such a bad thing by the way? Would you rather the democratic congress have ran wild for even longer? They aren't doing enough damage now?

Old 03-06-2009, 12:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Without being an azz.... How do you come to the conclusion a poll dominated by libertarians is all about conservatives? Further more only 58 people voted. City Data has a little larger membership base than that....
It seems to me that you must have read the results of that thing with the same set of eyes I use, since we saw the same thing. i think that if you aren't a liberal, you are a conservative, in the eyes of liberals.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Brubaker, has it ever occurred to you that there may be a lot more people thinking conservatively since the coronation of January 20? Think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies