Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:21 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,378 times

Advertisements

A rising tide leads to frantic behavior in those who can't swim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 08:24 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
They're upset and need an arena to bellyache.
What no pictures? Your friends understand those better. Particularly cartoons.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:26 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
A rising tide leads to frantic behavior in those who can't swim.
Obama saves the world is catchy. Would make a great O. Stone movie. If there is still enough money left over of course to make one. Or any movie theaters to play them. I tried to wait it out. I'm getting nothing from Obama but utter hypocrisy at every step. Am I suppose to just sit idle while I watch our great nation be destroyed. You guys were extremely loud over Bush and rightfully so on many things. Don't take the republican stance during the past 8 years. Request Obama figure out what he doing and conveys confidence in the markets. Clinto had a good boom because he understood that.

Figure 6: CEOs' pay as a multiple of the average worker's pay

http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesam...er/wealth.html

I didn't like Clinton all that much but I would give my left leg for him now. Almost anyone except carter or Franklin buy my voter base Roosevelt.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:28 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
You have very little experience with posting on the Internet, then.
Guilty as charged, and I can't say I'm sorry about it either.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:31 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
"Conservatives are probably the most unorganized, unrallied bunch out there."
Really?
Compared to the fractionalized Democrats....the GOP seems positively streamlined and businesslike in their shark like efficiency.
The liberals have it easier because their followers are very like-minded. They're more lock-step with their party. Big government, much government spending, punish the successful and reward those who are seen as some kind of victim, abortion, and so on.

With Conservatives there are many more varieties, more independent thinking. Some lean libertarian, they want little government, some are more social conservatives who believe in morality. Some want big government, they want it in another direction.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:35 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,526,116 times
Yeah, is very unfortunate. I guess it is easy to criticize when being a minority. If only they had "organize" during the bush years we wouldn't be in this mess.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:36 PM

541 posts, read 1,224,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The only ones who have weathered this man-made storm of the past 8 years are the war profiteers and oil industry.
I'd be curious to see if you know how much Exxon made this past year. And then how much the government made off of Exxon. The real theft and the real profiteer is not who you say it is.

I'd also be curious to see if you know what percent of the world's oil holdings is owned by the likes of Exxon and Shell. And what percent of their income actually comes from the sale of oil.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:21 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMartel2 View Post
I'd be curious to see if you know how much Exxon made this past year. And then how much the government made off of Exxon. The real theft and the real profiteer is not who you say it is.

Would you? Yes, I do know how much Exxon made last year, the most EVER for a United States corporate entity in one calendar year.

What was that about profiteering again? And please explain the $4.00 a gallon gasoline to me. What caused that price hike?

Old 03-02-2009, 09:30 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Would you? Yes, I do know how much Exxon made last year, the most EVER for a United States corporate entity in one calendar year.

What was that about profiteering again? And please explain the $4.00 a gallon gasoline to me. What caused that price hike?
Ever wonder who owns Exxon? Why we Americans do!

XOM: Major Holders for EXXON MOBIL CP - Yahoo! Finance

Got a 401(k)? You own Exxon! Belong to a pension? You own Exxon! WTF are you people crying about? The largest single shareholder has a miniscule position in the company. Hell, I hope they make a trillion dollars next year! Go XOM!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:47 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
Ever wonder who owns Exxon? Why we Americans do!

XOM: Major Holders for EXXON MOBIL CP - Yahoo! Finance

Got a 401(k)? You own Exxon! Belong to a pension? You own Exxon! WTF are you people crying about? The largest single shareholder has a miniscule position in the company. Hell, I hope they make a trillion dollars next year! Go XOM!

Try switching to decaf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies