Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:39 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,156 times

Advertisements

Barry would probably win when you consider McCain never did have the conservative vote (neither did Barry) and I'm sure the dems still have enough blank ballots left to cover at least one or two more elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 05:58 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what McCain's economic plan was. He never came up with one. All he did was critisize Obama's and it appears that the republicans in Congress have followed suit. Hopefully they'll lose as badly as McCain did in 2010.

Obama would win today against any Republican ticket. There's nobody there. It was Bobby Jingals but we've found out that he's just a lying Mr. Rodgers impersonator.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:23 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Can someone please explain to me why Republicans refer to Barack as "Barry".

It's clearly meant to be a veiled insult of some sort, but I just don't get why using his college nickname is an insult.

In retrospect, perhaps the Repubs should have gone with Romney. The death knell was the combination of trying to appease to the center with McCain and the extreeeeeemmmme right with Palin. They would have been smarter to pick one or the other.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:31 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Can someone please explain to me why Republicans refer to Barack as "Barry".

It's clearly meant to be a veiled insult of some sort, but I just don't get why using his college nickname is an insult.
That's the first time I heard of using Barry as an insult. I thought it was just common knowledge that Barry is the President's nickname. Was I wrong about this?

Old 03-03-2009, 06:32 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
I think not.

He didn't win by a land slide and I think a lot of people were on the fence but Palin pushed them over. Which was why they voted for Obama. BUT now that Obama has had a chance to show off his band of non tax paying cabinet members, his spending spree filled with ear marks and pork, Wall Street is tanking, his cabinet has the lobbyist that he swore he wouldn't have and we have all been showed how dangerous this man's policies are to this country.

I think a lot of people would change their vote.

What say you?
What say the American people?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...time-high.html

Read em and weep.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:47 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Read em and weep.
Another poll but pay no attention if they yell louder we lose. Remember Tucker Bounds!

Old 03-03-2009, 06:49 PM

Poll: Obama's rating at all-time high - White House- msnbc.com
By comparison, the Republican Party — which resisted Obama's recently passed stimulus plan and has criticized the spending in his budget — finds its favorability at an all-time low. It also receives most of the blame for the current partisanship in Washington and trails the Democrats by nearly 30 percentage points on the question of which party could best lead the nation out of recession.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Read em and weep.
The poll also showed much love and little hate for Michelle. He is rapidly becoming a FLOTUS for the ages. She had a 8% disapproval rating so the haters must all post in CD.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:52 PM

439 posts, read 616,928 times
Obama would not even win if he was running by himself.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
^^
Do you all voluntarily ignore statistics and polling that show he has record popularity right now? I don't get why people on here think he's unpopular.

He's making bold decisions to change our country. Doing exactly what he said he would do. Setting himself up to go down as one of the best if things stay on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
That's the first time I heard of using Barry as an insult. I thought it was just common knowledge that Barry is the President's nickname. Was I wrong about this?
Well, perhaps. I've only seen it used by angry conservatives, usually coupled with "Barry Hussein is blah blah blah"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies