Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 12:29 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am not a Republican, I lean more towards Libertarian but I have to agree that Rush Limbaugh today touched on some very interesting issues. The whole thing about the gas tax increase is a total scam. Also, I still do not understand how can Obama think that raising taxes on people making more than 250K can be a good thing. Many of those people making 250K or more are business owners and if taxes are raised, how does Obama expect these small business owners to create more jobs? Rush can be an idiot sometimes but I have to agree with what he said today. I am also starting to feel like this country is headed in the wrong direction. I have never thought of myself as a Dittohead but Rush is starting to make a lot of sense!
My God, is Limbaugh still around? Who in their right mind would listen to this fool? How did so many people get suckered into believing that anything this reject says is worthy of consideration? Here's a man whose flawed political instincts and judgment were exposed by his support for the reelection of the village idiot. He and his band of conservatives had 8 years and did nothing. They have no answers, no solutions, no effective programs. They don't know how to run an economy, win wars, or reduce the deficit. They squandered nearly a trillion dollars to lose an ideological war. Their lack of innovative ideas threw this country into the worse economic free fall since the Great Depression. They haven't a clue on how to create an effective health care program, avoid having the economy go into a free fall, or respect sovereign nations. They haven't any idea how to control illegal immigration or stop street gangs. They are not interested in remedying past wrongs by recognizing that racism still exists to the detriment of blacks and other minorities. They place a premium on making a profit by outsourcing even if it means displacing millions of American workers and creating hardship for their families. They continue to scream "no taxes" even after 8 years of doing this has led to the current economic mess. Republicans and Conservatives belong on the Cartoon Network.

Only Obama the POTUS is privy now to the type and amount of information necessary to make such calls. Limbaugh's perspectives are about as accurate and relevant as those of a drunken sailor on crack. Time for him to disppear.

Also it is far too early to be condemning Obama's moves. Doing so only shows that you never wanted him to succeed in the first place. Busted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 12:29 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Hmmm, you seem to like to make speculations on ppl you have never met.
I am well traveled and I pay self employment taxes, probably longer than you have.
Well if you love paying them so much then you are welcome to write out my quarterly tax payment for 15% FICA and income tax. And don't forget state tax too. I mean certainly you don't need that money and can help a fellow citizen out. Right?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:30 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
And he doesn't plan to do it by "only" taxing rich folks. He's in the process, with his cabinets and consultants, of trimming billions of wasteful spending from the budget.

Um.... They just "Spent" a Trillion dollars on mostly "Pork", that is with a "T", cutting "Billions" is small "Change"...

He and congress is in the process of setting up the next round of "Pork" spending... not cuts...

Old 02-28-2009, 12:35 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
Quote:
Hmmm, you seem to like to make speculations on ppl you have never met.
I am well traveled and I pay self employment taxes, probably longer than you have.
But that doesn't mean you're successful does it?

If you have a business and you gross over $250K there is no incentive under Obama to expand, no incentive to hire, no incentive to invest ... there is incentive to lay people off and constrict your business gross under $250K.

What some of you don't get that if a business has $250K gross they may only net 10-20% of that which is reinvested into the business through capital investment of improvement and expansion and if you are lucky and there is a few bucks left over then maybe you eat.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:36 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Well if you love paying them so much then you are welcome to write out my quarterly tax payment for 15% FICA and income tax. And don't forget state tax too. I mean certainly you don't need that money and can help a fellow citizen out. Right?
I don't pay state tax on personal income except the business pays sales tax and llc franchise tax here, but like I keep telling the folks who don't like it, too bad, I am laughing at them. I had to pay for war crap and faith initiatives crap, stuff I didn't like. Now its their turn.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
But that doesn't mean your successful does it?

If you have business and you gross over $250K there is no incentive under Obama to expand, no incentive to hire, no incentive to invest ... there is incentive to lay people off and constrict your business gross under $250K.

What some of you don't get that if a business has $250K gross they my only net 10-20% of that which is reinvested into the business through capital investment of improvement and expansion and if you are lucky and there is a few bucks left over then maybe you eat.
I am not sure why you keep switching gross revenues to personal income as if they are the same in the previous posts. Owners' draw is 10-20%? Then how is that $250,000 personal income?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
I don't pay state tax on personal income except the business pays sales tax and llc franchise tax here, but like I keep telling the folks who don't like it, too bad, I am laughing at them. I had to pay for war crap and faith initiatives crap, stuff I didn't like. Now its their turn.
Do you pay Federal Tax? FICA? Occupation tax, local tax, county tax, usage tax, what about Workers Comp? Insurance? Unemployment Insurance? Liability Insurance? Utilities? What about licenses, fees, permits, etc etc etc etc ? Do you pay any of those?

Do you have any idea how mush it cost to run a small business? Do you know what got us out of the great depression? It wasn't the new deal it was war.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Do you pay Federal Tax? FICA? Occupation tax, local tax, county tax, usage tax, what about Workers Comp? Insurance? Unemployment Insurance? Liability Insurance? Utilities? What about licenses, fees, permits, etc etc etc etc ? Do you pay any of those?

Do you have any idea how mush it cost to run a small business? Do you know what got us out of the great depression? It wasn't the new deal it was war.
yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and those that went to the government, some of them went to the war and faith initiatives, and a host of programs I didn't like. So like I said again, too bad, I laugh at them, now its their turn.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
I am not sure why you keep switching gross revenues to personal income as if they are the same in the previous posts. Owners' draw is 10-20%? Then how is that $250,000 personal income?
Sole proprietorship, what the business makes I make, what the looses I loose. It's not the owners draw, my draw is 100% then I pay everybody and my many fees, permits etc etc and not to mention a few people mortgages I don't even know. I couldn't tell you everything I pay, this is why you have an accountant. Gee, is that another job I'm providing? If I'm lucky after I pay everybody and everything I might, maybe if it was a good year have 10% in my pocket, but it's rare.
You have to cut cost to stay competitive, guess who's cost gets cut first? Mine.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:01 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Those same people have had tax breaks for years now. Rather than creating more jobs, business simply outsourced those jobs.
They outsource jobs because the overhead costs of doing business here in the US are ridiculous! Raising taxes on the small business owners and larger corporations will lead to more outsourcing to reduce overhead costs. But as usual, Americans are clueless and continue to support raising taxes on the "rich" instead of fighting for a reduced government that does not require excessive taxation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies