Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 06:49 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,285,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Agreed, especially as the majority of small businesses won't be affected adversely. I hope the taxes on businesses who send their jobs overseas and on the wealthiest 2% cause the CEOs and stockholders serious pain.
I agree that businesses outsourcing services overseas should be penalized. However if a business has point-of-sales in overseas locations, that's okay.

I just hope that when businesses need to cut costs because Obama increased their taxes they fire their Dumbocrat employees first. They know who the lazy ones are that expect handouts. They also know the ones that want to harm the people that feed them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 08:33 AM

1,792 posts, read 4,645,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salukifan1 View Post
Agreed, especially as the majority of small businesses won't be affected adversely. I hope the taxes on businesses who send their jobs overseas and on the wealthiest 2% cause the CEOs and stockholders serious pain.
I understand the point about higher taxes on businesses that send jobs overseas, but I don't get the comment on causing pain to stockholders. For our economy to do well the market needs to do well. I don't know if you realize this, but you can't have a good strong economy if the market is in the tank. In order to retire at an age you can still live an independent life, you will need to have some type of 401K, 403B or stock related fund. If you think social security will keep your head above water, think again. By the time our youngest generation retires the retirement age will probably be in the 80's. The majority of Americans in one way or another are stockholders.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:43 AM

1,489 posts, read 2,026,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I care that one right wing poster is allowed to post numerous right wing talking point threads in one single day...every day.

Isn't there some rule about this? It's not free speech issue..It's about allowing one person to take over a forum with scores of trash threads.

It is a forum. Post your thoughts.

The left has a problem with this.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:46 AM

1,489 posts, read 2,026,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
If your threads are not to be considered "trash threads", then you need to post more than an inflammatory question or statement. What is your basis for this question? Did you read an article? Listen to Limbaugh? Link it. Which aspects do you agree or disagree with? Why do you think people should agree with you?
Limbaugh is really getting under the *******s skin. Very, very funny!

Hey, here is an idea: Listen to his show. He is the smartest guy in the room, not Barry.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:14 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,243,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Limbaugh is really getting under the *******s skin. Very, very funny!

Hey, here is an idea: Listen to his show. He is the smartest guy in the room, not Barry.
Unlikely. Not that I think Limbaugh is stupid - far from it. I do believe that he uses inflammatory rhetoric and lowest common denominator language to pump up people to do stupid things.

I have listened to his show. It takes little intelligence to make adolescent name-calling and mock people. It does, however, show his level of immaturity.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:19 AM

37,743 posts, read 40,800,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Are you glad your employer will be paying more taxes under Obama's tax polices?
May I add, are you going to be happy when your states all look like Michigan because of card check?

Old 03-09-2009, 10:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,382,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Are you glad your employer will be paying more taxes under Obama's tax polices?

No.

What makes me even more upset is the fact that these tax hikes are necessary to help clean up the Bush/Cheney economic disaster. The fact that there are angry vocal dead-end Dubyites still claiming the economic mess is Obama's fault is not surprising. It's to be expected, considering the demographic pursued by the GOP for the past few decades.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:51 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,547,726 times
Quote:
I care that one right wing poster is allowed to post numerous right wing talking point threads in one single day...every day.

Isn't there some rule about this? It's not free speech issue..It's about allowing one person to take over a forum with scores of trash threads.
I rather hear some one make some sense than you complaining and whining about it...write something that convinces us that we are wrong ....maybe an accomplishment by the one you voted for....I'm getting more and more disappointed and scared by this president who is ruining this country faster than any one could have thought...what will be scheduled for tomorrow..now it's Cuba, stem cells...what about helping the economy....I guess that is to much to ask for from Obama!

Old 03-09-2009, 10:56 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,500,505 times
Quote:

I like the threads. Are you going to touch on any of the points? Or just act like the normal liberal and attack the messenger and ignore the topic?

Old 03-09-2009, 11:12 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,139,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Tristansmommy has a good point though....If these tax cuts for the rich always help everyone then....

1. What's with all the outsourcing?
2. Why have our real incomes been going down or stagnant?
3. Why did the economy soar in the 90s despite Clinton increasing the top rate from 31-39%?

To me it makes much more sense to cut taxes for middle class people because they're more likely to spend their money locally and stimulate their communities, and buy the things that the rich produce. Also...

1. As there are more middle class than rich, wouldn't it make sense to give tax cuts to the more numerous social class in the country to stimulate the economy?
2. And wouldn't it make more sense to shift the greater burden on those who don't have to spend as much on necessities just to get by? I mean, even Adam Smith said as much.

Just thinkin' out loud here.
I would like to think out loud, if I may. I guess I will just do it anyway.

What tax cuts have you seen for the middle class up to now? I haven't seen any but then I don't know how low an income makes one a member of the middle class. I assure you that only about 50% of us pay income taxes and it is income taxes that Obama keeps talking about cutting for us. I am really excited to see how much my taxes will be cut in 2010. I plan for them to go up since it will be necessary to pay off anything like the amounts of money they are spending these days.

There will be no middle class tax cut, but some of the Obamaniacs just can't stop thinking he will deliver on that promise. Do you not know that the 50% of people who don't pay any income taxes can also draw out all kinds of economic aid from the federal government? Don't you understand that you can't cut zero dollars without just giving them more goodies? Honestly, do you accept that cutting taxes crap for those who don't pay anyway? If you can explain this, please do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies