Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 10:08 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times

Advertisements

Carbon cuts 'only give 50/50 chance of saving planet' - Climate Change, Environment - The Independent

People have really got to wake up. This is no game. This is no "agenda." This is, quite possibly, the end of life as we know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 10:35 PM

And just as a preemptive move:

Global Warming Skeptic Organizations | Union of Concerned Scientists

Old 03-08-2009, 10:46 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Considering that the warming trend ended a decade ago, I'm not sure exactly what the world needs to be "saved" from.

Yeah, no agenda... Obama's buddy in charge of the Chicago exchange where the carbon credits are traded... Gore poised to make billions... No agenda at all... Obama administration imposing enormous "stealth" tax while smiling widely and telling you that your taxes won't go up...... No agenda.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:54 PM

This isn't about Gore. Another FOX News/Limbaugh follower, I see. And another American who thinks the U.S. constitutes the entire world.

Did you notice that the link I posted came from the UK? And correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt very seriously that the UK Independent--or any climate scientist WORLDWIDE-- looks to Al Gore for their information on climate change.

Gristmill: The environmental news blog | Grist

Old 03-08-2009, 10:57 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
In the nearly 40 years since the first Earth Day, scientists and researchers still have found NO EVIDENCE of any effect man has had on the world's climate, either warming or cooling.

Has that changed this year? Or are the manmade-global-warming-cooling fanatics still shoveling a steaming pile?

Old 03-08-2009, 10:59 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Carbon cuts 'only give 50/50 chance of saving planet' - Climate Change, Environment - The Independent

People have really got to wake up. This is no game. This is no "agenda." This is, quite possibly, the end of life as we know it.

Make sure you walk to work tomorrow. Also, no A/C this summer. Take everything you own that was made in China and throw it out....and replace it with goods purchased in the "250 mile green zone."

Unless you can prove to me that you are willing to dramatically change your lifestyle, posting this stuff is total BS and a waste of time. I have not met a single GW disciple or green freak who does not:

Drive
Heat or cool their home.
Shop
Eat
Breathe
Wear clothes

If I remember, you "teach this stuff". What is your solution to humanity? What are you doing to cut carbon? I've read some of your other posts - still got that big house?

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to run out and gas up the Hummer.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
In the nearly 40 years since the first Earth Day, scientists and researchers still have found NO EVIDENCE of any effect man has had on the world's climate, either warming or cooling.

Has that changed this year? Or are the manmade-global-warming-cooling fanatics still shoveling a steaming pile?
That is absolute nonsense. I provided the links. Read them. But here, let me save you the trouble:

Gristmill: The environmental news blog | Grist

Anybody who seriously believes that there's a WORLDWIDE conspiracy among climate scientists to dupe ALL THE COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD regarding climate change needs to check themselves into the looney bin.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Make sure you walk to work tomorrow. Also, no A/C this summer. Take everything you own that was made in China and throw it out....and replace it with goods purchased in the "250 mile green zone."

Unless you can prove to me that you are willing to dramatically change your lifestyle, posting this stuff is total BS and a waste of time. I have not met a single GW disciple or green freak who does not:

Drive
Heat or cool their home.
Shop
Eat
Breathe
Wear clothes

If I remember, you "teach this stuff". What is your solution to humanity? What are you doing to cut carbon? I've read some of your other posts - still got that big house?

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to run out and gas up the Hummer.
I don't have a big house. In fact, I have a very little house.

Yes, I drive and heat my home. I eat. I breathe. I wear clothes. I shop for what I need. All of which is completely irrelevant.

I could answer your other questions, but really, what would be the point?

Why should you have to run out and gas your Hummer? I'd say you've got gas to spare.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

Posting anything that makes humans responsible for screwing up the planet is akin to shoveling $hit against the tide. The people that deny the damage that has been done have been the same people that are the biggest offenders and just do not give a damn for anyone or anything but themselves. The cannot relate to or fathom how all of the resources and nature on this planet are intertwined. They just do not have the foresight, hindsight, common sense or empathy. Because so many of these inferior brained humans exist, the others that know better will expire with them. Hopefully, if the world starts fresh, nature will not allow for the idiot brain type human to be part of the scheme as they truly deserve to be extinct.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:18 PM

799 posts, read 1,444,986 times
I don't believe in global warming but I think we should start to clean up the environment a little bit. I don't think we should throw any federal money at the problem unless it's in the form of tax credit. I think it should be handled like charity. I don't agree with all the solutions people are throwing out there. People that are finding ways to cool the Earth are nuts but people that are looking to find ways to clean our environment are on the right track. I watch Planet Green sometimes and I like seeing all this new stuff people are coming up with. A lot of it can save us money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies