Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will go Blue first?
NC 41 33.61%
VA 66 54.10%
TN 5 4.10%
GA 10 8.20%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:32 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,765 times

Advertisements

Liberterian conservative here from the north here who loves living in the south, who is not here to change it or invade it but simply to coexist I do think that all those states will be blue soon, but hopefully we can get all to a purple color, not red or blue, but purple! GO CONSERVATIVE LIBERTERIANS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 08:42 PM

7 posts, read 18,780 times
Default !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopefully all of them, but i personally think NC
sorry vasinger

Old 03-30-2007, 08:56 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,462,106 times
id be curious to know why some people think TN or GA might go Blue first....

Old 03-30-2007, 09:17 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,765 times
Atlanta is very very liberal and it is the capital of GA, and there are not too many other large cities in the state, and its growing, so rapidly that they can't seem to keep up with the demand for housing and etc. I think that this state, in my humble opinion, will be blue, but then afterwhile, people will then turn against liberalism and become liberterians, one can always hope!

Old 03-31-2007, 08:24 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manofbess View Post
lol, I think the entire East Coast will be a big city in some years. There might be some trouble in South Carolina. I hear the state isn't very big on annexation. Here in NC, that's a whole different ballgame...Charlotte is a big-time example of a city that started eating a bunch of Krispy Kreme donuts and just got out of control.
NYC is the same way. There's planned communities just a half-hour south of me in the Scranton Area that are now home to hordes of people who commute daily to Manhattan for employment concerns. In about five years, there will be a new high-speed commuter rail connection linking Scranton to NYC. I personally know of people who commute daily from this area to North Jersey for work. Slowly yet surely, all of Eastern PA is being sucked into the BosWash corridor (against its will in most areas). Bucks County is already officially a "commuter county," and Lehigh and Northampton Counties are right on its heels. Just north, Monroe and Pike Counties have been the two fastest-growing counties in the entire state for quite some time now. Now, the most recent census estimates show that the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area is growing again as well after 50+ years of decline, largely attributed to both the growing Hispanic community in the region, as well as the influx of NYC/NJ transplants seeking a cheaper cost-of-living, better schools, and lower crime. I think I'll eventually live to see the day when almost every acre between NYC and Scranton is developed in some way, shape, or form, whether it be a strip mall, housing development, big-box store, highway, etc.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:37 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,462,106 times
bump

Old 08-26-2007, 05:55 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,023,360 times
Demographically Virginia has seen a big surge of population growth in the Washington DC area which is liberal. NoVa is becoming a Blue area-

I feel it will be the next state in the future to go blue because of the DC area.

NC has aways to go-but is slowly edging that way.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:27 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
I think NC will because they have John Edwards..
Except that like Al Gore in Tennessee, Edwards wouldn't carry his state, either.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:33 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,744,592 times
If you are basing your beliefs on transplants from blue states. You might want to consider that many are leaving blue states because they are republicans that are tired of their votes not counting.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:30 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
If you are basing your beliefs on transplants from blue states. You might want to consider that many are leaving blue states because they are republicans that are tired of their votes not counting.
You post may have some validity, but I believe a large majority of transplants to NC from both east and west coast to NC are moving due to high housing costs job availability and may have little to do with political affiliation. Raleigh-Durham, where we intend to move, is surpassing California as the new "silicon valley". Durham is overwhelmingly dem. Kerry lost Raleigh, I believe, 52-48%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies