Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:01 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
What in the world goes through your head to think of posts like this? You are sitting in your home enjoying freedom because of the Military who have given their blood for you. Do you realize that?

Shame on you for even posting such nonsense.
Yep, Ford forbid that I post facts.
Just because you don't like them doesn't mean that they aren't true.
Just so you know, I'm also a veteran. No need to thank me or the other veterans who are not war mongers or glorify war and killing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 08:07 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
So you're saying they became democrats?
No, that is what the OP said, I was just clarifying his own words so that he might understand them.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:19 AM

956 posts, read 1,234,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I guess inflammatory statements like "water boils at 212 F" and "John Forsythe was born in 1918" also really **** you off.
What are you smoking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah, the truth hurts.
I provided enough links for your to peruse.
Facts are facts.
I can imagine what you think of lies (oops, you do quote Faux News, don't you).

Actually, I've never quoted Fox News. I don't provide links as a general rule. I simply state my opinions here based on my knowledge of life which is extensive. That's all anyone really does on this forum....post opinions.

Clearly I'm wasting my time. You simply don't get it. The quote I provided had no link whatsoever in it .... just you mouthing off.

You should get up every day and thank God for our military. You should go to the airport as many do, welcome them home and thank them for their service to this country.

You sit there all pompous and judgmental and expect me to even consider looking at one of your stupid links to the "facts" as you see them??? There are few people I would say aren't deserving of living in this country, but ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
No I think they meant attacks on our military from people who know nothing about it except stories they read in the paper. You know people like you.

You still never answered my questions. If your such an expert on Iraq and whats going on over there when where you there? How long did you stay? where did you go?
She's an "expert" on everything from her own tiny little world.

Can you tell I'm angry? I am over the top furious. Disagree with policy if you like; I do it all the time. But writing inflammatory, disgusting rhetoric about our military as a whole is inexcusable and unconscionable.

But I guess I should thank God we live in a country where someone doesn't roust people like this out of their homes and chop off their heads.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post

She's an "expert" on everything from her own tiny little world.

Can you tell I'm angry? I am over the top furious. Disagree with policy if you like; I do it all the time. But writing inflammatory, disgusting rhetoric about our military as a whole is inexcusable and unconscionable.

But I guess I should thank God we live in a country where someone doesn't roust people like this out of their homes and chop off their heads.
I look at it like this if they can say what they want however moronic and hateful it is I did my job and our military is doing it job protecting freedom. These people would get a pretty big wake up call if they said some of this stuff in other countries.

She has proven in the past she knows nothing about the military but lies and says she was in it and still work with people in them military. Alot of people are such expert on it and whats going on in Iraq but have never been in the military nor been to Iraq. Amazing really.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I work with young military on a daily basis.
If you can find the numbers of military votes for each candidate, I'd be surprised because I couldn't.
What I did find is below:

here is something from an actual CREDIBLE source something you never seem to have. See you can post things from conspiracy blogs and what not but thats not the same as something with credibility. Maybe take a journalism class

Quote:
“The military has been perceived as a conservative Republican institution,” said Peter Feaver, a political science professor at Duke University and a special adviser to the National Security Council from 2005 to 2007.
“A lot of people thought that eight years of frustration with the Bush administration was going to undermine that,” he said. “This evidence suggests that it hasn’t undermined it as much as they thought, at least not yet.”
Army Times

Poll

Old 03-10-2009, 09:59 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
: Clearly I'm wasting my time. You simply don't get it. The quote I provided had no link whatsoever in it .... just you mouthing off.
Look at post No. 27, there are ½ dozen links.
I was living in Okinawa at the time; I work for the military community and have for over 20 years, since I was active duty.
Everyone involved with the military was on lock down for months after the rapes and other petty crimes that occurred in Okinawa.

Quote:
You should get up every day and thank God for our military. You should go to the airport as many do, welcome them home and thank them for their service to this country.
Why would I do that? I work for the military community and support them daily.

Quote:
You sit there all pompous and judgmental and expect me to even consider looking at one of your stupid links to the "facts" as you see them??? There are few people I would say aren't deserving of living in this country, but ....
Yep, why be educated, your opinion trumps facts any day.
BTW, thought I didn’t post any links.

Quote:

Yep, the truth is inflammatory and disgusting.
Not quite as disgusting as sending kids to the ME for the 4th time, though.
That’s the really disgusting part.

Apparently, you can’t handle the truth.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:01 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,156 times
Quote:
Just the facts, Marines raped young girls in Okinawa and Japan last year.
The truth hurts.
About the Rape of Nanking, I think you'd hold the US to a higher standard, I'm sorry that you don't.

How many kids were raped by teachers last year?

Old 03-10-2009, 10:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Smile Stupid is as stupid posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Two Different Presidents - Two Different United States Marine Corps

Please place your speakers on to hear the roar of the crowd of Marines.

YouTube - Different Presidents, A Different Corps

During the second set you may have to adjust your volume.

Hey! Look! An edited tape with an agenda!

Old 03-10-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Yep, why be educated, your opinion trumps facts any day.
BTW, thought I didn’t post any links.

Yep, the truth is inflammatory and disgusting.
Not quite as disgusting as sending kids to the ME for the 4th time, though.
That’s the really disgusting part.

Apparently, you can’t handle the truth.

The minute you actually find the truth let us know.

Oh and once again some ones blog does not equal reputable news source.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:07 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,851,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
IMHO previous Republican Presidents misused the Marines as colonial troops sent to destroy freedom in Iraq and Afghanistan and brought shame upon the Corps.
We destroyed freedom in Afghanistan? I guess GregW overlooked the 9/11 attack.... With moonbat liberals like GregW making comments like this, it is no wonder that the military votes overwhelmingly Republican and that Democrat presidents such as Obama get the response they deserve from the rank and file...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies