Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 05:58 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,701,961 times

Advertisements

Well now you have 4 years of the idiot. And people talked about Bush. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 06:18 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorawatcher View Post
Well now you have 4 years of the idiot. And people talked about Bush. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Brilliant post....AWESOME intellect and insight...............

Old 03-12-2009, 06:35 PM

122 posts, read 210,028 times
[QUOTNo previous president has ever had to face the extremely difficult challenges Obama took on when he assumed the presidency.
E][/quote]

Would you please stop saying that. What about FDR? He tried to do the stimulus packages and other social welfare programs. Although a Democrat will argue otherwise, he failed at helping the US out of the Great Depression. What I learned in my history classes was that WWII actually ameliorated it.

Joshie thank you for your brutal honesty. Don't be afraid to express your opinion. I feel like Democrats always want to stifile your opinion if it is not the same as theirs. This is why they want to get rid of talk radio. They are so controlling!

And why is the media so biased! After the election I was so disgusted with how the Washington Post was covering Obama that I switched over to the Washington Times. Their editorials are much more refreshing. I feel like every media source has a subjective viewpoint however.

Another thing about the liberal media's subjective viewpoint... They lie and sensationalize. I thought Bush had outlawed stem cell research. He actually just wouldn't allow for federal funding of programs that do it. Private companies could still do stem cell research.

Stereotypes are just fallacious. I'm a moderate Republican. I am for abortion rights. I live in a big city. I want to save the environment. I am pro small business and against raising taxes. I have an IQ of 138. I don't drink beer and don't live in a trailer. I came from an upper middle class up bringing. I'm not religious. I am pro small government. I am against giving money to those who don't work for it since I have seen first hand poor people working the system. Most of all, I welcome everyone's opinion even if it is different than mine.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:44 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,531,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I voted for Obama. I was dead wrong.

Yet another troll thread from a low post number wonder???? I think so.

Joshie,

One thing you should beware of. There are a certain group who come in late and try to cause trouble to get the thread shut down. Do NOT engage them.

Excellent thread. We love your passion are pleased you've started to take your politics seriously. There are just so many zombies who don't pay attention, and fall for the established party line. Glad you are among the thinking class now!

Your first ever and you got 220+ posts. That's a tremendous achievement for a newbie that many so-called veterans have never come close to. Keep doing what you're doing, and you'll be a senior member in no time.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:47 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeee22895 View Post
Joshie,

One thing you should beware of. There are a certain group who come in late and try to cause trouble to get the thread shut down. Do NOT engage them.

Excellent thread. We love your passion are pleased you've started to take your politics seriously. There are just so many zombies who don't pay attention, and fall for the established party line. Glad you are among the thinking class now!

Your first ever and you got 220+ posts. That's a tremendous achievement for a newbie that many so-called veterans have never come close to. Keep doing what you're doing, and you'll be a senior member in no time.
She's a troll

Old 03-12-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Joshie,

Who is this WE greenhorn??You are a newbie here Eeeee, this ain't G-T you're posting at now.Did you get confused?

Old 03-12-2009, 06:53 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlagirl25 View Post
I feel like Democrats always want to stifile your opinion if it is not the same as theirs. This is why they want to get rid of talk radio. They are so controlling!

You got that right!!! The "tolerant" Left will tolerate anything except a dissenting opinion. Joshie has found that out the hard way.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:58 PM

71 posts, read 110,056 times
Quote:
Joshie,

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, sometimes converts do have a lot of passion. I really do feel like I've been awakened from a slumber. When I think about how long I've been duped, it makes me angry, then it makes me passionate. Who knows? It might make me an activist.

How long does it take to become a senior member? Is it done by posts or threads or what? Looks like you got there amazingly quickly.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshie View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, sometimes converts do have a lot of passion. I really do feel like I've been awakened from a slumber. When I think about how long I've been duped, it makes me angry, then it makes me passionate. Who knows? It might make me an activist.

How long does it take to become a senior member? Is it done by posts or threads or what? Looks like you got there amazingly quickly.
LMAO...THE clue that we have another G-T troll amongst us....WHY don't you cheerleaders for the neoCONS stay where you love each other and quit poluting the waters of C-D with your goofy,trolling threads???

BTW...it's done with posts...you're ALMOST there

Old 03-12-2009, 07:13 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshie View Post

Yea, that's right an activist like Meagan McCain. Why don't you join to see if you can rile the base a bit. You, the Evangelical Nutjobs, the Relgious Right Fanatics the stupefying ideologies of the CONservatives. I still don't believe you ever voted for Obama, nope. As for blaming Obama on your Stock Losses are ignorant at best. The markets were in free fall before Obama was even sworn in. Your losses won't be realized unless you cash out. If not they are only a loss on paper. Playing the Stock Market is risking business, you should know that anyway. I would have liquidated and put my money into Bonds but that is your choice. It's your own fault that you got screwed. The warning signs were out there last Fall. You recall McCain flying back to Washington (Like he thinks he knows what the hell to do) Week earlier Bush like an idiot says our economy is fundamntally strong, you still stand by him? You can sit there moan and point fingers whatever but if I were you I would take a hard look in the mirror...

Last edited by dukester.2; 03-12-2009 at 07:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies