Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 12:01 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia woman View Post
I frankly think you are way too interested in Sarah Palin's life and you need to get a life. We as a country need to stop worrying about everyone's business and concentrate on our own. We are too preoccupied with what everyone else is doing and we can't for the most part control our own lives. We are not to judge other people and believe everything we see on entertainment tonight or what Charlie Gibson says. Think about what you are doing?? Should you be worried about her or criticizing her when you don't even know her.
You have some good points, but SP is a politican with aspirations of national prominence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 12:05 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia woman View Post
I frankly think you are way too interested in Sarah Palin's life and you need to get a life. We as a country need to stop worrying about everyone's business and concentrate on our own. We are too preoccupied with what everyone else is doing and we can't for the most part control our own lives. We are not to judge other people and believe everything we see on entertainment tonight or what Charlie Gibson says. Think about what you are doing?? Should you be worried about her or criticizing her when you don't even know her.
When they have the potential to be one of the most powerful people in the country, you SHOULD be interested in their business. Being interested in Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton is pointless because they are just morons who had sex on camera...but Palin has a chance to run for president in 4 years.

Do you actually think that you shouldn't know anything about the personal lives of those who control our laws and our government? I really hope you don't vote.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:46 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
I think the real story here is that the OP is upset that folks with Down Syndrome are visible and have a foundation. People like the OP advocate for Down Syndrome babies to be aborted. THAT is why they were upset that Palin's baby traveled with her -- they wanted her to hide him away. God forbid that moms see that sweet little bundle and decide not to abort, according to the libs.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:25 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
So Sarah Palin puts her money where her mouth is. I guess that upsets the far left types. They call her every name in the book just for actually standing up for what she believes and not just talking about it. Lol, she just puts the lefties into an UPROAR. It's rather odd how vehament they are in attacking her. So, all you far left loons, what is it , exactly, that scares you about her so much? personally, she is about the only politician to come on the stage I can remember that I can even remotley understand and don't feel any complete sense of mistrust about. Thats not to say I have an implicate trust in her, but I would follow her into battle if she asked me to. That may be because she's just SMOKIN" hot though. I'll get back to ya on that one...........

Old 03-12-2009, 03:28 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
I think that Sarah Palin being involved with issues having to do with Down Syndrome is great. She will probably learn a lot.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:47 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
They are not using her handicapped child as a wedge issue, they are using Palin's blatant disregard for her children as the issue. If Palin was anything but a horrific mother, would her eldest son have been sent away to the military to keep him from getting into more trouble? Would her daughter be a single mother without a HS diploma? Would she have flown during her third trimester? There's nothing you can say that will change the fact that she's an awful mother...NO GOOD MOTHER WILL HAVE A 17 YEAR OLD WITH A CHILD AND NO HS DIPLOMA.

Say what you will, but as long as she's still in the eyes of the GOP as a possible 2012 candidate, it's perfectly okay for people to question her and her ability to lead, even if it's about leading her own family.
No meaning disrespect here, but you obviously haven't had the experience/pleasure of raising kids. I'd suggest you actually go through the entire process before being so certain of your sentiments.

I know of two specific instances where the parents have done an exceptional job, and the kids struggle. You dismiss genetics and peer pressure/influence, which also both play a significant part in how kids develop.

Think about all of the folks that you know where the siblings are exceptionally different from each other. Making such blanket statements with such certitude shows a lack of actually going through the process yourself.

Not to criticize, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. However, I would be a bit less certain than you are that you are actually correct.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:50 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
I've been trying to get the pro life movement to gather arms but it's met with fierce opposition.... Something about even the big L liberals deserve life too....

Old 03-12-2009, 04:13 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I was appalled at the thought of Sarah Palin as VPOTUS - she simply was not qualified.

However, I have no problem with her being the spokesperson for a Down's Syndrome organization. She's a big draw for a lot of people and will be able to generate some much needed cash for a very worthy cause.

Well, I certainly can't relate to much you say. I do agree with the being appaled about someone running the country at this high level and not being qualified.

Barry is not nearly as qualified as Palin. It is a sad thing.

I see Bush derangement syndrome flowing on to Palin and Limbaugh. It's interesting that some have such hatred for a loving mother...you poor guys that can't get her out of your little heads should take up a hobby. Your guy, the smartest guy in the whole country (oh, other than Geitner) won. You should be happy as clams about now.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:04 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Well, I certainly can't relate to much you say. I do agree with the being appaled about someone running the country at this high level and not being qualified.

Barry is not nearly as qualified as Palin. It is a sad thing.

I see Bush derangement syndrome flowing on to Palin and Limbaugh. It's interesting that some have such hatred for a loving mother...you poor guys that can't get her out of your little heads should take up a hobby. Your guy, the smartest guy in the whole country (oh, other than Geitner) won. You should be happy as clams about now.
Spare me the puerile rhetoric.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:21 PM

96 posts, read 104,304 times
Default r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I was appalled at the thought of Sarah Palin as VPOTUS - she simply was not qualified.

However, I have no problem with her being the spokesperson for a Down's Syndrome organization. She's a big draw for a lot of people and will be able to generate some much needed cash for a very worthy cause.
**she simply was not qualified.**

And obammy IS??????????? Palin ran a state. All the community aggravator did was run around chicago, aggitatin' and learnin' how to be a "chicago-style" politician, and campaignin'!

Finally, the country is beginning to wake up to just how unqualified he is, and how dishonest he is, and what he REALLY meant about "re-making America".

In the meantime, the country is suffering because of his lack of qualification, and the utter lack of understanding of what it will take to end this "crisis" that he loves so much, since it gives him the opportunity to raise taxes, grow government, and bury your grandkids with a debt burden they won't be able repay.

And you think Palin is less qualified???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies