Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:20 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
Really...how much has he spent?
He is your master you should know that immediately.

ftr- I did not vote for McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 09:20 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I guess it is my fault too. I voted for McCain.
Seeee?

Ya coulda voted for Ron Paul.

You coulda had a V-8!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:21 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Okay, Devil's Advocate time....

If McCain had been elected, he'd just be getting around to learning "how to do a Google." (He'd need to find out what stock derivatives meant, and to find out what a uigur is.)

As for Vice President Palin --- well, he could keep her locked up in a closet, bound and gagged. (Just as Obama ought to be doing with Joe Biden.)

Seriously, though -- given the number and scope of the problems which hit Obama immediately upon taking office, I don't think McCain could have done much better.

Look on the birght side: at least this way, the liberal brand is being as mauled as badly as the conservative one has been for the past eight years...

1,359 posts, read 2,291,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
He is your master you should know that immediately.

ftr- I did not vote for McCain.
So you dont know. sounds about right,

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
They told me if I voted for McCain, the nation's hope would deteriorate, and sure enough there has been a 20 point drop in the Consumer Confidence Index since the election, reaching a lower point than any time during the Bush administration.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the US would become more deeply embroiled in the Middle East, and now, tens of thousands of additional troops are scheduled to be deployed into Afghanistan.

My Democrat Party friends told me if I voted for McCain, that the economy would get worse and sure enough unemployment is at 9.4% and the new stimulus packages implemented recently have sent the stock market lower than at any time since the Islamic Terrorists attacks of 9-11.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "crooks" in high ranking positions in Federal government and sure enough, several recent cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed resumes of scandal, bribery and tax fraud.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "Pork at the trough" in Federal government and sure enough, 17,500 "Pork Bills" showed up in Congress since January 2009.

I was also told by my Democrat friends that if I voted for McCain, we would see more deficit spending in Washington, D. C. , and sure enough, Obama has spent more in just 30 days than all other Presidents together - in the entire history of the good ole USA!!

Well, I voted for McCain in November and my Democrat friends were right... all of their predictions have come true!
The economy was tanking before the election, and would have continued to tank no matter who was elected. Did you vote for Bush? If so: THANKS!

Obama was very clear during the campaign that Afghanistan would be the U.S. military focus.

Again, the economy would have gotten worse no matter who was elected.

Crooks? You mean the Republicans in Congress who are bought-off by industry interests?

Where do those "pork bills" come from? How many of them are from Republicans trying to derail legislation?

More deficit spending would have occurred regardless of who was President.

Nice try, though.

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I guess it is my fault too. I voted for McCain.
I didn't want to vote for McCain but couldn't vote for Obama so I just voted against Obama by voting for McCain. The system screwed me. Actually, I voted for Sarah and that white haired guy who ran with her.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
They told me if I voted for McCain, the nation's hope would deteriorate, and sure enough there has been a 20 point drop in the Consumer Confidence Index since the election, reaching a lower point than any time during the Bush administration.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the US would become more deeply embroiled in the Middle East, and now, tens of thousands of additional troops are scheduled to be deployed into Afghanistan.

My Democrat Party friends told me if I voted for McCain, that the economy would get worse and sure enough unemployment is at 9.4% and the new stimulus packages implemented recently have sent the stock market lower than at any time since the Islamic Terrorists attacks of 9-11.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "crooks" in high ranking positions in Federal government and sure enough, several recent cabinet nominees and Senate appointments revealed resumes of scandal, bribery and tax fraud.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "Pork at the trough" in Federal government and sure enough, 17,500 "Pork Bills" showed up in Congress since January 2009.

I was also told by my Democrat friends that if I voted for McCain, we would see more deficit spending in Washington, D. C. , and sure enough, Obama has spent more in just 30 days than all other Presidents together - in the entire history of the good ole USA!!

Well, I voted for McCain in November and my Democrat friends were right... all of their predictions have come true!
Would have come true with the result you wanted as well. Only difference is the Republican voters knew what they were voting for.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:22 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I didn't want to vote for McCain but couldn't vote for Obama so I just voted against Obama by voting for McCain. The system screwed me. Actually, I voted for Sarah and that white haired guy who ran with her.
You voted for Palin? wow you must really hate this country.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
So you dont know. sounds about right,
No because your master is delaying the release of the budget

But Ill guess somewhere around 2 trillion.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:25 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
LOL.

I voted for McCain out of respect for his service to the country.

My vote was purely symbolic, since I live in a state that is so blue we have schools named for Billie Holiday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies