Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:33 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,015 times

Advertisements

If we had universal healthcare, it wouldn't be run like the VA (thank god)....that's relatively small because it's just for veterans and it's filled with army doctors. Universal healthcare would be run like Medicare is now but, much larger because it would have to cover everyone under 65. The government would not take over running it any more than they do for Medicare....sure the government is responsible for it but, it's run by an insurance carrier that bids for it.....it's United HealthCare now, a few years ago it was Aetna. What would start happening is that it would begin to pay the same as Medicare and then even less. A lot of doctors won't accept what Medicare pays and the patient or a Medicare supplement they carry, has to make up the difference. I was listening to a family care doctor today on FOX say that they still have not been paid by Medicare yet for any of their patients claims during 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 06:53 AM

20,333 posts, read 19,925,039 times
I have United. They blow, IMO.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I have United. They blow, IMO.
You have United HealthCare for your Medicare? Yes, everyone does, that's who services Medicare now....they won the bid....Aetna was doing before them, a couple years ago. I don't know how often they bid for it or how long the contract is for.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:32 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Does anybody realize that my tax dollars will pay for it?

Old 03-18-2009, 07:58 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times
I don't think that we are going to have any changes made in our health care system. I lost faith in our government. It will be just like when Hillary tried to bring it in.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:00 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
It will be whichever company gives dirty Obama the most money.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
I don't think that we are going to have any changes made in our health care system. I lost faith in our government. It will be just like when Hillary tried to bring it in.
You're absolutely right as far as I'm concerned. I didn't become an insurance broker (that does only health insurance) until 1995 but, when Clinton ran for president and Hillary made health care reform her project as first lady, even then I knew that it was complete B.S. Before I explain why, I also knew right then that healthcare reform is not the type of thing the first lady takes on and plans were in the works for Hillary to be a lot more than just an ex-first lady, some where down the road.

As for why I thought reforming the healthcare system was just a lot of baloney....it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if you have two groups of people, one that can't afford it and the other that's already paying too much for it and want everyone to have it, obviously the ones that are already paying too much for it are going to have to pick up the tab for the ones that can't afford it as well and end up paying even more.

There's a lot more to it than just that but, when you simplify it, you can't get around that key fact no matter how you want to sugar coat it. You can find all kinds of places to try and get the money to pay for it that doesn't make it look so obvious but, the bottom line is, those who can afford it are going to pay for those who can't.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:14 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
If we had universal healthcare, it wouldn't be run like the VA (thank god)....that's relatively small because it's just for veterans and it's filled with army doctors. Universal healthcare would be run like Medicare is now but, much larger because it would have to cover everyone under 65. The government would not take over running it any more than they do for Medicare....sure the government is responsible for it but, it's run by an insurance carrier that bids for it.....it's United HealthCare now, a few years ago it was Aetna. What would start happening is that it would begin to pay the same as Medicare and then even less. A lot of doctors won't accept what Medicare pays and the patient or a Medicare supplement they carry, has to make up the difference. I was listening to a family care doctor today on FOX say that they still have not been paid by Medicare yet for any of their patients claims during 2008.
I really don't know how you came to your conclusion but the Healthcare Reform is in it's infancy and is long from being signed into law so there will be plenty of changes going back and forth before it is signed into law. Nobody not even Obama knows what the final bill will look like.

Upon reading further into your post I see you referenced Faux News as your source and we all know how incredibly credible Faux News is... lmao

Old 03-18-2009, 06:18 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Haven't you figured out yet that that is why Obama is buying AIG ? They are big enough to handle the volume & will soon be 100% owned by the federal govt.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:55 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Neither Clinton's or Obama's plan was to be run by government. The governamnt has no clue or the personell to do it.Obama';s plan was not for universal healthacre anyway.He estimated 15 million wil not be covered because of the cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies