Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:23 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Outlier poll?! Rasmussen and Zogby are the only polls that count.
I suppose you have some math behind that claim, or is this just another right-wing pronouncement? Who needs to think anything through when you can just stick a label on it. How very right-wingish...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 07:24 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,843,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'd always considered myself one of those, also.

I was angry when I came to the realization six years ago that there isn't a viable party that represents the conservative viewpoint any more. The GOP is no longer conservative in any real sense of the word. They play the willfully ignorant while acting in favor of corporate interests. They've abandoned the vast majority of Americans and they're now reaping the rewards of that short-sightedness.

I've voted Republican going back to Nixon. In 2004, I voted Liberterian. Last year I voted Democratic, and not for the last time. The GOP is in disarray like nothing Ive seen in my lifetime. They've taken two heavy beatings at the polls and apparently haven't learned a thing from it, They've driven America into the ditch and now they're cussing out the tow truck driver, saying it's all his fault.

I'm sure I'm not alone in considering myself a former Republican. As for the "conservative" label, that no longer concerns me much. I'm a lot more interested in results than ideology. The GOP is obviously concerned only with ideology. Their embrace of the braindead religious right has ruined them.

My response: hasta la vista, baby. After what they've done to my country and the way they now act as though they'll do anything in their power to extend the damage, I'll never vote GOP again.

From all appearances, millions of others feel the same way.

For some reason, you don't. Good luck with that viewpoint.

Same to ya.
But you don't seem to recognize that the Democrat Party has been hijacked by the far left?!
A poll was conducted at the 2004 Democrat convention which indicated that 96% of the delegates present considered themselves to be liberal. That is more than 50 percentage points off the Democrat base!

And you called who braindead?

Old 03-18-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I suppose you have some math behind that claim, or is this just another right-wing pronouncement? Who needs to think anything through when you can just stick a label on it. How very right-wingish...
First of all I do believe that it is early but I also believe that those numbers are significant and it should worry Democrats.

As for the polls. Those two polls are the only ones that I know of that poll likely voters. Voters are the ones that literally count.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
You do realize that Libs, with their one designer baby per couple, are the ones breeding out of existence? So much so that the Dem party is exporting new voters from Mexico.
As you know full well, we are using the public schools to turn YOUR children into new liberals every day!!! Bwahahahahhaha!!!

PS. Actually, we just tell them to research a variety of reliable sources and decide for themselves, but the results are pretty much the same. Knowledge and understanding are ever the enemies of the right-wing...

Old 03-18-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
First of all I do believe that it is early but I also believe that those numbers are significant and it should worry Democrats.
No party is falling faster in the polls than Republicans. No party is shrinking faster than the Republicans. No party confronts worse demographics than the Republicans. No party has a worse logistical situation on 2010 ballots than the Republicans. Republicans have no leaders, no plans, no ideas, no imagination, and no credibility. Those might be things to be worried about.

Quote:
As for the polls. Those two polls are the only ones that I know of that poll likely voters. Voters are the ones that literally count.
There is no such thing as a likely voter 20 months before an election. Many of the people who say they intend to vote then will be dead by November 2010.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
No party is falling faster in the polls than Republicans. No party is shrinking faster than the Republicans. No party confronts worse demographics than the Republicans. No party has a worse logistical situation on 2010 ballots than the Republicans. Republicans have no leaders, no plans, no ideas, no imagination, and no credibility. Those might be things to be worried about.

There is no such thing as a likely voter 20 months before an election. Many of the people who say they intend to vote then will be dead by November 2010.
Ouch!

Old 03-18-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
As you know full well, we are using the public schools to turn YOUR children into new liberals every day!!! Bwahahahahhaha!!!

PS. Actually, we just tell them to research a variety of reliable sources and decide for themselves, but the results are pretty much the same. Knowledge and understanding are ever the enemies of the right-wing...
Graduating from college and seeing your first paycheck is an enemy to the left.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:14 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:

Sure there is a thing as likely voters. You know the ones that have a history of voting.

Voters are going to be dead by then? Do you know something the rest of us dont know?

Old 03-18-2009, 08:20 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Graduating from college and seeing your first paycheck is an enemy to the left.
???
I thought only liberal professors and liberal people graduated from college.
I thought (as many posters on CD state) that conservatives can't get a fair shake at college.

I read it here so it must be true.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:43 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Voters Prefer Republicans!

That was sure proven in Nov. wasn't it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies