Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 05:59 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times

Advertisements

unbelievable.

Quote:
Dru Lechert-Kelly's classmates at Llewellyn Elementary School loved his imitation of President Barack Obama. But because some adults feared his act might be seen as insensitive, he was told he couldn't perform the act while wearing a costume mask of the president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 06:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
i love it when people take off their mask. i now see hard right for what they are,
it was never about patriotism and respect for the office, ever.
peekaboo i see you.
a fat man waddling dressed in black.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i love it when people take off their mask. i now see hard right for what they are,
it was never about patriotism and respect for the office, ever.
peekaboo i see you.
a fat man waddling dressed in black.
what?

my cryptic idiocy translator is on the blink.
once more, in english?

btw, i'd have no problem with a schoolkid wearing a bush or reagan mask. which sorta destroys your premise.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:13 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,641,507 times
Freedom of speech is not available to everyone.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:15 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,343,159 times
Got to give the kid and his parents credit for not being aware that race could be an issue.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:25 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,535,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Got to give the kid and his parents credit for not being aware that race could be an issue.
The problem is that race was an issue when it never should have been.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:29 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
??? I don't think you listened closely but that was a black guy singing the song as well, the whole thing is entirely done in jest. Also, Obama is half black half white... so how does this offend either side any more than the other?

Old 03-17-2009, 06:36 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
The Chosen One will not be mocked.

It's fairly obvious the latent disrespect rightwingers already exhibit towards the first African American President in the title of your thread. You people will always be tripping over yourselves, trying to clean up your messes from your hatred that springs forth from the bottom of your souls.

This will be a repeating pattern for 4 more years. Questions will continually arise of what is, and what is not, acceptable. Race issues will arise from latent racism and nasty generalizations. As the NY Post reminds us, the sickness infects very powerful people, and it is widespread. The kid meant no harm, but I'm glad people are thinking before doing stupid and insensitive things, good for them

Old 03-17-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The Chosen One will not be mocked.
good point.

Quote:
It's fairly obvious the latent disrespect rightwingers already exhibit towards the first African American President in the title of your thread.
what does his race have to do with anything?

Quote:
You people
which 'people'? aren't those two words an automatic trigger for liberals to instantly begin gibbering insipidly about 'racism'?

Quote:
This will be a repeating pattern for 4 more years.
correct. anything depicting bammers in anything other than the most glorious of contexts will instantly spur shrill shrieks from the bots.

Quote:
Questions will continually arise of what is, and what is not, acceptable. Race issues will arise from latent racism and nasty generalizations. As the NY Post reminds us, the sickness infects very powerful people, and it is widespread. The kid meant no harm, but I'm glad people are thinking before doing stupid and insensitive things, good for them
why do you keep shrieking about race?

Old 03-17-2009, 06:50 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

why do you keep shrieking about race?

That was the point of your thread. Boy not allowed to wear mask, deemed "insensitive". Skips out on skit.

Try reading your links instead of just looking at the pictures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies