Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 06:02 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times

Advertisements

When you said Arabs are third world people,people view them as that because they are true to their past and alot of people don't understand not adapting to technologies or new ways of life,indoor plumbing,etc...What people do forget is after 9/11 the first people to offer help to the U.S. were the Prince of Saudi Arabia(to Giuliani but he turned them down)and Ghadafi who offered any help that he could provide and his condolensces.These were nice gestures that were swept under the rug by Bush and could have led to great alliances and trade for the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 06:37 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornandraised atl View Post
What kind of response are you looking for?

Seems to me you are simply looking to stir it up...

As to your content it would appear that you hand picked some very provocative gems out without consideration for the body of the work.

Israel is at war has been since it was founded, and it was founded like it or not. They are surrounded on all sides by governments that want them wiped off the map. So they fight - we support them as a consistent foreign policy.

Would you prefer they were wiped off the map? or are you trying to pick fights?

No, I think we would like to stop blindly supporting Israel and the horrific acts it has done over the years. We especially need to stop supporting Israel in the name of God!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/14/wa...l?pagewanted=1

Old 03-18-2009, 06:46 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times

YouTube - Israeli Soldiers Shooting at Farmers in Abassan Jedida

Old 03-18-2009, 07:16 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Could you also put up some links from YouTube showing Palestinians carrying bombs onto public buses? Or would that be contrary to your agenda?

Old 03-18-2009, 07:35 PM

340 posts, read 704,401 times
or show the pictures of dead Palestinians --- right before they are killed----they will usually show an RPG or AK-47 pointed at civilians - but we see is the 'outrage' over a dead Palestinian.

again - they have been offered two state solutions - and have turned them both down. They don't want peace.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:26 PM

564 posts, read 1,726,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Notice how he phrased it.Typical racist instigation!!!
Phrased what?

Quote:
Arafat was losing his power as Hamas was getting stronger.He lost all his respect from his followers and a virtual coup d etat was about to happen by Hamas and he knew it was coming.Arafat slowly slipped into the background and please don't talk about terrorists when you hear of Palestinians blowing themselves up in Israel.You never hear of Israeli's doing that.As far as Arabs being considered lesser some people believe that,you're right;but alot of people are naive and they point the fingers. It's unfortunate what has happened between the two groups and hopefully it will be rectified in the future if possible.
Do you know why a few Palestinians might blow themselves up? Because it is their only form of defense! Israel is backed by the strongest state in the world, as well as most other Western countries, it has nukes, and it has influence in every country the Israeli Lobby presents itself. If the Israelis are going to kill a Palestinian anyway, he made as well go out on his feet then on his knees and resist, with what little he has (himself).

And I can't understand why it's terrorism when a Palestinian blows himself up, but when the terrorists in the Israeli Defense Squad kill 600 women and children within three weeks, or target a United Nations Refugee center, then it's all just Israel defending itself.

Quote:
When you said Arabs are third world people,people view them as that because they are true to their past and alot of people don't understand not adapting to technologies or new ways of life,indoor plumbing,etc...What people do forget is after 9/11 the first people to offer help to the U.S. were the Prince of Saudi Arabia(to Giuliani but he turned them down)and Ghadafi who offered any help that he could provide and his condolensces.These were nice gestures that were swept under the rug by Bush and could have led to great alliances and trade for the future.
The reason Arabs are so backward is because of Israel. With a few exceptions (notably in Lebanon and Tunisia), most Arab countries are filled with conservative-minded people. Radical Islam did not exist before 1948. Most Arab countries had pro-Western regimes. It wasn't until Israel was created and America started to back them did opinions change so much about the West. If Israel was never created, all of the Arab world would be as modern as us. It is said that Palestine was only second to Lebanon in terms of liberal-minded people before 1948, and it was a secular state in which at least 20% of the population was Christian. All that changed with the creation of Israel. Radical Islam began with Israel and it'll probably only ever die with Israel.

The Arabs are good people. Almost all countries in the Middle East (with the exception of Iraq, but Saddam was a lunatic anyway) condemned the attacks and offered help in anyway possible. On 9/11, a few Palestinians celebrated the attacks, and while I strongly condemn those who celebrate the deaths of my fellow Americans, I can understand why they would do such a thing. America is the country that has backed the Israeli terrorism. Those Palestinians lose their sisters and brothers and daughters and mothers to American-made weapons. Those couple of Palestinians looked at the attack on America as us finally understanding what they have to deal with on a constant basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Could you also put up some links from YouTube showing Palestinians carrying bombs onto public buses? Or would that be contrary to your agenda?
Again, you can't compare the suicide bombings to what Israel does. The Palestinians blow themselves as their only way to resist. Israel has nukes and the Western world in its hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornandraised atl View Post
or show the pictures of dead Palestinians --- right before they are killed----they will usually show an RPG or AK-47 pointed at civilians - but we see is the 'outrage' over a dead Palestinian.

again - they have been offered two state solutions - and have turned them both down. They don't want peace.
Why aren't you understanding what you're being told? You keep going in circles. I'll tell you one more time: the Palestinians refused the deal in 1948 because they had the right to ALL of the land. And they still do. But now, they're willing to settle for peace, and the Israelis are not letting it happen. They're building settlements in the West Bank, they're murdering Palestinians by the thousands on a yearly basis, and they're starting wars (like the one they started in December).

Not to mention, in 1948, as greatescape mentioned, the so-called "peace" was just another way of saying Israeli "controlled."

Old 03-18-2009, 09:13 PM

The reason Arabs are so backward is because of Israel.

The Arabs are good people. Almost all countries in the Middle East (with the exception of Iraq, but Saddam was a lunatic anyway) condemned the attacks and offered help in anyway possible. On 9/11, a few Palestinians celebrated the attacks, and while I strongly condemn those who celebrate the deaths of my fellow Americans, I can understand why they would do such a thing. America is the country that has backed the Israeli terrorism. Those Palestinians lose their sisters and brothers and daughters and mothers to American-made weapons. Those couple of Palestinians looked at the attack on America as us finally understanding what they have to deal with on a constant basis.

The reason Arabs are backwards is Israel?Come on with the scapegoat crap!That is such a load of sh--.Also saying that all Arabs are good people except the Iraqis?What about Iran?Syria?Saudi Arabia?They all hate the jewish population and condemn them.If this isn't a biased attack by you then we all must be wrong-----but we're not!

Old 03-18-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Where are the Zionists of the board?
Did all of the freedom-supporters convert them or scare them away from the forum?
This is your racist instigation!

Old 03-18-2009, 09:24 PM

564 posts, read 1,726,962 times
Quote:
The reason Arabs are so backward is because of Israel.

The reason Arabs are backwards is Israel?Come on with the scapegoat crap!That is such a load of sh--.Also saying that all Arabs are good people except the Iraqis?What about Iran?Syria?Saudi Arabia?They all hate the jewish population and condemn them.If this isn't a biased attack by you then we all must be wrong-----but we're not!
I never said the Iraqi people were not good. I said Saddam Hussein wasn't, get it right. Iranians are not Arabs. Saudis live in their own strange way but they seem to be fine with it, else wise their would've been a revolution there long ago. The Syrians are a liberal group of people, at least a lot of them. Arabs don't hate Jews, they hate Zionists. Do you find the occasional Arabs who hate all Jews? Yes, as often or even less often then you find the occasional Zionist who hates all Arabs simply because they're Arab. I even got a PM here last month from a poster who has thankfully not posted on this site since, that read:

Get your facts straight. Your an idiot!

Grow a beard, beat your wife and strap on TNT, go become a Muslim.

That's not my only source for anti-Semetic (Arabs are Semites too) statements made by Zionists, just an example I received on this site.

Quote:
This is your racist instigation!
And what's racist about that? The word Zionist isn't a derogetory term for Jews, it's the term for those who believe in Zionism. Not racist at all, but definitely an instigation (that's what I go for to get people to say something).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies