Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:14 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times

Advertisements

The Obamanable Snowjob is in reference to the global warming hype.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 10:15 AM

215 posts, read 544,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Yep, we are working on it and will be for quite some time given the fact this mess was how I should say began early 2008 and just snow balled from there.
I guess going on Jay will help with the situation? Doesn't the president have anything better to do in these times? He is just trying to be a big celebrity, he really needs to get over himself!

Old 03-18-2009, 10:19 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,461 times
To be fair, some in this administration have gone from doom-and-gloom predictions to telling us we're "fundamentally" sound.

As for a unified story - they're workin on it!

Old 03-18-2009, 10:24 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGUY87 View Post
I guess going on Jay will help with the situation? Doesn't the president have anything better to do in these times? He is just trying to be a big celebrity, he really needs to get over himself!
Going on Jay, kind of worried that Obama is attempting to reach out to Main Street? Never saw Bush going on Late Night. Probably afraid that someone like Leno would have actually asked him on live television a non-scripted question. The only friend that Bush had were the Nuts on Faux News.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:26 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The Obamanable Snowjob is in reference to the global warming hype.
What is it with you ReThugs, you are deathly afraid of a little science. Just like Sarah (I lie 4 Jesus) Palin who believes that life on this planet began 3000 years ago. Poor Silly Sarah never could grasp carbon-14 technology.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:06 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,855,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGUY87 View Post
The problem is that Obumble doesn't know what to do. So, I guess he doesn't have anything better to do with his time. He only knows how to campaign and how to read a teleprompter.

The office of POTUS has sunk to a new low (and I really thought it was low under Bushie).

Old 03-18-2009, 11:16 AM

707 posts, read 1,021,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
The problem is that Obumble doesn't know what to do. So, I guess he doesn't have anything better to do with his time. He only knows how to campaign and how to read a teleprompter.

The office of POTUS has sunk to a new low (and I really thought it was low under Bushie).

Its truely pathetic the childish comments that i see from both sides concerning whats going on today. Everyone that insist on calling the President derrogatory names as well as childish names continue to look past the fact that we are in a situation that took years to errod to this point and the fact that children will expect this man to come in less than 3 months and clean it up.
If you search your memory (oof) during the second debate there was a specific question to the candidates concerning will they be able to keep all of their promises considering the state of the economy and whats going on with the housing and job market? Do you remember what THEY both said? I'll give you a hint, both said NO. Both said that the time frame for their early promises will be delayed. Both said this.

I'm sure this will go over your heads (those of you who believe you have a better answer which i have yet to hear), but when will you recognize that this clean up this situation that we're in today has NEVER occured in the history of the united states. Not during the Depression, World WAR 1 or 2 or the Civil War. There is no play book, or map. This is why both parties need to work together to figure this out. Hopefully with this AIG fiasco they'll get it together and move on to the next thing to get folks back to work.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:23 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Its truely pathetic the childish comments that i see from both sides concerning whats going on today. Everyone that insist on calling the President derrogatory names as well as childish names continue to look past the fact that we are in a situation that took years to errod to this point and the fact that children will expect this man to come in less than 3 months and clean it up.
If you search your memory (oof) during the second debate there was a specific question to the candidates concerning will they be able to keep all of their promises considering the state of the economy and whats going on with the housing and job market? Do you remember what THEY both said? I'll give you a hint, both said NO. Both said that the time frame for their early promises will be delayed. Both said this.

I'm sure this will go over your heads (those of you who believe you have a better answer which i have yet to hear), but when will you recognize that this clean up this situation that we're in today has NEVER occured in the history of the united states. Not during the Depression, World WAR 1 or 2 or the Civil War. There is no play book, or map. This is why both parties need to work together to figure this out. Hopefully with this AIG fiasco they'll get it together and move on to the next thing to get folks back to work.

this is not the worse since the depression, unemployment was at 24% not 8%

Old 03-18-2009, 11:28 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,237 times
Thread title changed from

Obumbles Team Has Only One Answer: "We're working on it".

To

Obama Team Has Only One Answer: "We're working on it".

Old 03-18-2009, 12:45 PM

215 posts, read 544,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Going on Jay, kind of worried that Obama is attempting to reach out to Main Street? Never saw Bush going on Late Night. Probably afraid that someone like Leno would have actually asked him on live television a non-scripted question. The only friend that Bush had were the Nuts on Faux News.
No I'm worried that he is not doing anything worthwhile with his time. If I were president I would be focused on the economy and issues 24/7! Its your job, its not his job to go be a celebrity and worry about campaigning. That's the only thing he is good at, he can even read a damn Teleprompter! What a fool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies