Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:27 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,388,011 times

Advertisements

The only thing he's done so far that I agree with is letting federal money be spent on embryonic stem cell research. I'll give him props for that, but that's about all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 10:29 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Obama is doing a great job!
For everyone else, you are simply disappointed that he can't right the wrongs of the previous administration in 57 days.
If you can claim that he's doing a "great job" in "57 days", then others can claim that he's not, in that same 57 days.

Can't have it both ways, cali.

As for that "great job" he's doing, what, exactly, has he accomplished that's "great'? Please be specific.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:30 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am trying to be fair and give this guy a chance but it is unbelievable!
Yea you've been trying real hard, your nothing more than a rightwing bobble head doll.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:35 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,021,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The guy's an illusionist, and like any good illusionist, he's keeping your attention over here <-- while doing something you're not supposed to see over there -->
The Great Charlatan

Old 03-18-2009, 10:40 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Default What the heck is wrong with Obama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am trying to be fair and give this guy a chance but it is unbelievable!
So, he isn't white and he isn't a neocon and Rush says bad things about him. He must be all messed up.

And in your attempt to be "fair" you start daily threads whining about his every move.

Quote:
Just about anything he has done or proposed so far has been characterized by controversy
Tough decisions are always controversial. That's what presidents are for.

Quote:
or a total lack of judgement and common sense.
You forgot to add the all-important modifier, "In my opinion" to that last phrase.

Quote:
This whole idea of hiring ACORN to do the Census is just ABSURD. I don't think the guy is DUMB but sometimes I wonder if he is doing all this stuff on purpose just to create even more controversy or maybe deflect attention from more important issues?
You're acting like this is some sort of major issue. Tell us exaclty how big a role and what part ACORN will play in the 2010 census.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:43 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
And this is the most ineffective Congress as well. Vote them all out. We really need to get these term limits going. Barney Frank has been feeding at the trough for 25 years. He was in charge of oversight for financial regulation. Now he acts like everyone else is the problem because HE wasn't doing his job! Vote him out!

I agree
term limits need to be here now.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:44 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Talking You asked for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
What did ignorant Dumbocrats think a fraud thug in the White House would do?

Something like this...

[MOD CUT/hotlinking]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-18-2009 at 08:44 PM..

Old 03-18-2009, 10:45 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,493,997 times
Wait until he starts forcing our youth into "Madatory Volunteerism."

It's closer than you may think.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:46 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Obama is doing a great job!

Gobama!!

For everyone else, you are simply disappointed that he can't right the wrongs of the previous administration in 57 days.

Funny how this harsh criticism wasn't placed on the George W administration....talk about the real smoke and mirrors/bait and switch.
What exactly has Barry done in the last 57 days that you consider a great job? I mean aside from reading most of his teleprompter speeches eloquently.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:48 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Wait until he starts forcing our youth into "Madatory Volunteerism."

It's closer than you may think.
OMG, to actually volunteer that's absurd! Kind of like mandatory Draft uh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies