Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:21 PM

893 posts, read 1,579,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Well put! You are right, bipartisanship can work but the ones we have in there now are like the goon squad. They are out of control.

I do have to say I wish Obama well because just imagine Biden as President and Pelosi as VP. I'd love to see the look on people's faces who voted them in when they woke up to find out Biden and Pelosi have taken over the ship! So YES, things could be worse! YIKES!
Lol, I needed a drink after that visual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 08:23 PM

20 posts, read 56,692 times
I wish someone would have cloned Reagan.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:39 PM

555 posts, read 2,212,009 times
So what the heck is wrong with our brittany spears culture that people would even vote for the guy. Does anyone realize that China is holding our mortgage. These stimulus may alieviate some pain, but the real pain is down the road when china demands payment with a missle pointed at us. No, obama fans are blind to this very real threat. What will we do when our money is no good because we are bankrupt. Trillions of dollars in debt will never stimulate the economy. We have a hole in our economy that will never get fixed unless obama is impeached, pelosi put in jail for stealing from WE the people, and fiscal responsible politicians - if there are any left- lead our nation.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:09 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle3 View Post
So what the heck is wrong with our brittany spears culture that people would even vote for the guy. Does anyone realize that China is holding our mortgage. These stimulus may alieviate some pain, but the real pain is down the road when china demands payment with a missle pointed at us. No, obama fans are blind to this very real threat. What will we do when our money is no good because we are bankrupt. Trillions of dollars in debt will never stimulate the economy. We have a hole in our economy that will never get fixed unless obama is impeached, pelosi put in jail for stealing from WE the people, and fiscal responsible politicians - if there are any left- lead our nation.
Were you making these same statements about impeaching the president when George W. Bush DOUBLED our National Debt from 5.7 Trillion to more than 10 Trillion?

Or when George W. Bush inherited 500 Billion Budget Surplus, and turned it into a 1.3 Trillion Deficit ?

I don't either you ... or any Republican ... has a leg to stand on ... when it comes to deciding what's best for our country!

The past EIGHT YEARS is proof of that !!!

Old 03-18-2009, 09:39 PM

893 posts, read 1,579,951 times
Obama Gives the GOP an Opening - WSJ.com

since it was brought up

Old 03-18-2009, 09:40 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko75 View Post
Impeach...Impeach....Impeach!!!!!! We need a real leader, a strong leader. Even Chavez calls Obama weak!
And, of course, Republicans take their marching orders from Chavez.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungrepublican View Post
I wish someone would have cloned Reagan.
They did. And they named him "Bush." Reagan and his idiotic "trickle down" ideas started this whole mess. Bush took it to its logical conclusion.

Wake up.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
He's from Massachusetts! They will never vote him out. Heck, Kennedy murdered his lover and they still voted for him.

Waters, Reid, Dodd, Pelosi,Frank, etc. should all be voted out before they destroy the country.
Newsflash: The country was well on its way to destruction 2 months ago. under your precious little squirt of a "leader" Bush. Get friggin' real.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:45 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am trying to be fair and give this guy a chance but it is unbelievable! Just about anything he has done or proposed so far has been characterized by controversy or a total lack of judgement and common sense. This whole idea of hiring ACORN to do the Census is just ABSURD. I don't think the guy is DUMB but sometimes I wonder if he is doing all this stuff on purpose just to create even more controversy or maybe deflect attention from more important issues?
I think your last sentence sums it up. Nobody could be that dumb. I am talking about the military medical idea of not paying for our injured troops. It has to be to draw attention away from something else. Congress needs to keep a close eye on this man and keep him in line.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:57 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Funny how this harsh criticism wasn't placed on the George W administration....
You are either being sharply sarcastic, or you have been living in a cave since 2001...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies