Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:29 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times

Advertisements

Well from a Seminole Grad, I think it's petty and *****ty, and not because I went to the "other school"...

Few of those who wish to blast Jeb for "failure in education" forget how the vote turned out on one of the biggest f'ing disasters that was the "Class Size Amendment"..... Yeah, sounded great on paper, but few understood what madates on this meant as far as money spent (not that many of the larger districts complied anyway...).

What everyone forgets is that while Jeb was VERY much against this amendment which cost the state an arm and a leg, he was mandated to enforce it by the people that, oddly enough, voted Jeb as Governor while voting in this amendment that thier guy hated......

....And now it's Jeb's fault.... Priceless....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 12:10 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Well from a Seminole Grad, I think it's petty and *****ty, and not because I went to the "other school"...

Few of those who wish to blast Jeb for "failure in education" forget how the vote turned out on one of the biggest f'ing disasters that was the "Class Size Amendment"..... Yeah, sounded great on paper, but few understood what madates on this meant as far as money spent (not that many of the larger districts complied anyway...).

What everyone forgets is that while Jeb was VERY much against this amendment which cost the state an arm and a leg, he was mandated to enforce it by the people that, oddly enough, voted Jeb as Governor while voting in this amendment that thier guy hated......

....And now it's Jeb's fault.... Priceless....
I totally agree with you VA. There was also a vote in Fla. a few years ago that passed and that was to allow children younger then kindergarten to go to school and it'd be paid for by taxpayer dollars. Funny thing, but Jeb was openly against it and his rival was for it. So the "younger school age" got voted in and so did Jeb. It was silly cause he then was stuck with trying to find funding for something he was totally against because of the cost.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:15 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
If you read the link I provided from the Gainesville Sun, you will see that the UF's vote was about UF's issues, not the state's public education problems as a whole.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:20 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Angry yes~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
If you read the link I provided from the Gainesville Sun, you will see that the UF's vote was about UF's issues, not the state's public education problems as a whole.
Thanks, ellie. And some people can't sweep under the rug that issue with Terri Schiavo- a disgrace using a person in her condition as a political pawn. Leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

sunny

Old 03-25-2007, 03:14 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Oh, and let's not forget eliminating the helmet law at a time when uncompensated health care is going through the roof.

I'm a Nole fan with a newfound respect for the Gators!

My mom told me that this is a first- Go Gators!

BTW, their alumni association made him an honorary alum. Kinda like the booby prize, though.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:34 PM

251 posts, read 885,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
University of Florida President Bernie Machen says he was 'tremendously disappointed' with the school's Faculty Senate vote to deny former Gov. Jeb Bush an honorary degree. Some faculty expressed concern about Bush's record in higher education.

Now this is a strange outcome, normally is a no question asked.

A bit of facts : Name at birth: John Ellis Bush, "Jeb" is taken from the initials

Bush graduated from the University of Texas with a degree in Latin American Affairs.

Should he get an honorary degree?
Defiantly NO to the honorary degree! Jed was a disgrace to this state as his brother is to the US. They should both be booted out on their butts! Jeb ruined our state in many many ways and I won't even begin to discuss his brother George W.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:58 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Unhappy really~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineState View Post
Defiantly NO to the honorary degree! Jed was a disgrace to this state as his brother is to the US. They should both be booted out on their butts! Jeb ruined our state in many many ways and I won't even begin to discuss his brother George W.
Don't they have enough already?. Maybe we should be talking about health care-something American citizens need, instead of another merit badge, token or placard for the Bush family.

sunny

Old 03-25-2007, 06:00 PM

598 posts, read 2,268,283 times
...and let's not forget that big chuck of money the Government gave to FL to help the hurricane victims still living with blue tarps, that he diverted to create that "My Safe Florida Home" joke. I'm sure those folks still waiting for help are in agreement with UF as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Don't they have enough already?. Maybe we should be talking about health care-something American citizens need, instead of another merit badge, token or placard for the Bush family.

sunny
Oh dear I hope you're not talking about a national health system THAT we don't need!

Old 03-25-2007, 08:03 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Ellie, I take it you don't like it when someone makes a valid point that doesn't agree with your views. Funny how you aren't reprimanding others who have veered on to the subject of George Bush and several other subjects that the link you provided has nothing to do with.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:28 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,035 times
I guess Jeb did not listen to his bro: STAY THE COURSE.
Have a great week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies