Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:34 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times

Advertisements

The NRA 25 - 30 years ago was probably a reputable organization promoting grass root hunting organizations such as Ducks Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation etc. Actually the NRA back in those days as I understand even promoted land management and conservationism.

Now days I view the NRA as nothing more than a Domestic Terrorist Organization that is used to promoted rightwing & extremism agenda's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 11:38 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
The NRA still promotes land management and conservationism. Its main goal remains to be the protecting the rights of Americans to keep and bare arms.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:39 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Now days I view the NRA as nothing more than a Domestic Terrorist Organization that is used to promoted rightwing & extremism agenda's.
Yeah! How dare they continue their decades-long fight against the dems/libs for a right that is actually in the constitution.

How dare they!!

Old 03-18-2009, 11:45 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Sadly, preserving Constitutional rights is now viewed as extremism.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:50 AM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah! How dare they continue their decades-long fight against the dems/libs for a right that is actually in the constitution.

How dare they!!
Viewing the 2nd Amendment and how you and others interpret can be and is suspect.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Viewing the 2nd Amendment and how you and others interpret can be and is suspect.
It's really quite clear.

Amazing how the dems/libs can dispute such a right as the 2nd Amendment, but find some justification for the "right" of an abortion, which is NOWHERE to be found in the constitution.

Do you understand how dishonest that is?

Old 03-18-2009, 12:18 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
The NRA still promotes land management and conservationism. Its main goal remains to be the protecting the rights of Americans to keep and bare arms.
Nobody has ever infringed on your right to bare [sic] arms. ROFLMAO

Old 03-18-2009, 12:21 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Many people have come to view the NRA as a radical organization that thinks everyone should have automatic weapons, anti tank devices, and all manner of military hardware and have it available at the local hardware store. This is due mainly to propoganda campaigns by We Hate Guns Inc, supported by their lackeys in Hollywood that portray firearms owners as subversive wacko anarchists. The NRA's camapign to stop the AWB and such was tarred as support for military hardware in the hands of the general public, when in fact, it was just trying to keep semi auto service style rifles from being banned and taking out civilian participation in things such as Camp Perry and other events that require a service style weapon. Their stance that these rifles also are useful in civilian hands as "militia" weapons was also twisted (as was the word "militia") to be something evil. I personally, own no less than four semi auto service rifles, all of which are on the "evil" list. And I'm not preparing to overthrow the government.. Don't fall for the anti Second Amendment crowds twisting the NRA's agenda. It's all propoganda.Yes, the NRA has taken some non PC stances on things, but the point is not to open the door for more and more repressive legislation that slowly erodes the 2nd Amendment. NRA members are NOT "domestic terrorists" arming ourselves for a revolution and goose stepping around our basements. We are just folks, that believe in the tradition of the American Rifleman. We do NOT advocate wholesale ownership of military hardware or the irresponsible use of weapons. The 2nd Amendment is there for a reason, however, and that reason has nothing to do with "sporting purposes". Thats part of it, as said purposes promote training and proficiency with arms, which goes hand in hand with the true intent of the 2nd, an armed citizenry ready to defend our nation and our way of life should the need arise.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:23 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Quote:
The NRA 25 - 30 years ago was probably a reputable organization promoting grass root hunting organizations such as Ducks Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation etc. Actually the NRA back in those days as I understand even promoted land management and conservationism.

That is probably because 30 years ago the liberals and democrats still actually believe in the second amendment. Now even republicans and democrats dont even remember what the constitution is because we know they dont follow it. So I think the NRA has just gotten more extreme is it's view because these are extreme times. I also like how the world demestic terrorist is linked to rightwing extremism.. I wonder who started that idealogy. I you preparing for something to justify the governments actions against "domestic terrorists" Or just Americans who believe in liberty.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:24 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Its so suspect that the Supreme Court has upheld it time and time again. The only think suspect is your ability of interpretation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies