Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 08:20 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times

Advertisements

Ok Yap, you are so critical of Bush, so who do you back at this point? Which candidate are you in favor of? It's easy to criticize so who is going to make it better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 08:29 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Ok Yap, you are so critical of Bush, so who do you back at this point? Which candidate are you in favor of? It's easy to criticize so who is going to make it better?

When considering the current mess that we're in, and after living in NYC through all of his terms, I'm voting for Rudolph Giuliani. This is of course provided he wins the nomination.

If not....

I'll vote for whatever democrat wins theirs. I don't WANT to, but I refuse to vote any other Republican that is campaigning for the nomination into office right now.

~TT

Old 04-02-2007, 08:35 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
Ok, another question if you will indulge. . .what other republican would you actually vote for if they were running. . besides Rudi?

Old 04-02-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Ok, another question if you will indulge. . .what other republican would you actually vote for if they were running. . besides Rudi?

That's the problem, none really.

You have to realize, the Bush's have been in control of this party for a LONG time. They've pretty much DESTROYED it.

Now if you asked me which Rep I'd want to be vice under Rudy.....

MAYBE.... Ron Paul, but another Texas politician in office gives me hives.

Unfortunately, geography aside, he seems to be the best qualified running mate for Rudy.

~T

Old 04-02-2007, 08:45 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
They forgot the most important Republican principle:
"I believe I must duck all serious questions which question my principles, and twist everything into a negative about the opposition."
That goes for both Republican and Democrat. Are you saying that both parties don't "spin" things to their advantage, and lie through their teeth while doing so? I'm a Republican, but George Bush does not represent Republican values for the most part.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:53 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
That's the problem, none really.

You have to realize, the Bush's have been in control of this party for a LONG time. They've pretty much DESTROYED it.

Now if you asked me which Rep I'd want to be vice under Rudy.....

MAYBE.... Ron Paul, but another Texas politician in office gives me hives.

Unfortunately, geography aside, he seems to be the best qualified running mate for Rudy.

~T
Hey YAP, what if Rudy gets the nom and picks Newt for a running mate ?

Old 04-02-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post

I seriously doubt that will happen. I doubt anyone will make that move.
Even Bush wouldn't do that, lol.

~T

Old 04-02-2007, 09:26 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post

He'll get the typical NY treatment, he'll be sent to Bellvue for psychiatric evaluation

Old 04-02-2007, 09:35 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,108 times
Yac, How can you argue that this topic is off topic, threads ramble. If you consider the heading, Politics and other controversies, anything posted here that is controversial fits.

If posts that damage City Data are posted, I could see a moderator getting involved, short of that, it is impossible for me to see that you could justify interfering in one of the basic civil rights Americans hold.

It would appear to me, that any interference in the exercise of free speech must be defensible in a court of law.

I understand that a possible response would be that this is a privately held site.

What exactly does Federal law state regarding the exercise of free speech on a privately held site?

It would appear that this question is the paramount question, again, this wording, "and other controversies" makes restriction of free speech by the company, City Data, indefensible in court.

Please advise as to the statutes allowing such.

Thanks,

GBG

Old 04-02-2007, 09:57 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
I seriously doubt that will happen. I doubt anyone will make that move.
Even Bush wouldn't do that, lol.

~T
you are probably right, but I know that Rudy and Newt have had breif discussions about campaign debates, If you think about it ,Rudy is an attractive candidate to a wide group of people from right to left and Newt would certainly shore up the conservatives that have reservations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies