Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 04:08 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTruth View Post
Bottom line:

Liberals hate kids.

They do everything in their power to abort them.

They encourage well off people who could raise them in a loving home not to have them.

They encourage people who can't afford them, who'll in all likelihood raise them in a dangerous, impoverished environment to pump them out.
Bottom line:

you're a troll

This liberal loves the 3 children she and her husband brought into this world BY CHOICE. Could this liberal woman have more children? Sure ... do I choose to? No! 3 is enough for us. And this liberal woman never wants the government to tell anyone to limit those choices. This liberal also finds it putrid to keep birthing babies under the guise that God has anything to do with it and then shopping their family to the highest bidder out as some kind of superior organism because she's the flower of fertility. Just because she and her husband feel the need to be piggish with their reproductive cycles .... well, that's their business, but when they run around like their family is to be admired and emulated over others ... blech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 12:48 PM

14 posts, read 28,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I didn't mean to say that being a SAHM is an affront to feminism. I am a SAHM! Clearly these people take it to the extreme.
Why in the world would you question what makes this wonderful family happy when there is so much death, war and suffering in the world.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:42 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyRanger View Post
Why in the world would you question what makes this wonderful family happy when there is so much death, war and suffering in the world.
I didn't question it. I just posted an article I thought was interesting. Do you think the ENTIRE family is happy? Even the older girls who are made to take care of the younger kids, cook, clean, etc. instead of enjoying their last years of childhood themselves?

Old 04-02-2009, 02:13 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Quote:
Originally posted by camping!
Pardon me for interupting here, but I think an important piece of this puzzle is missing.
If a child of the quiverful movement decides that she does not want to continue in that tradition would her family and community still accept her? And I do mean fully, not relunctantly and then only to be 'christlike'. If children are raised in an environment where the choices are conform or get the hell out....well, that is not really a choice, is it?
Hi Camping!

In a word, no. Quiverfull is a movement, but its not a cult. Cults usually shun members. I'm not a quiverfull christian, but I know a couple of families personally and know they would never do that--they probably wouldn't even be disappointed, because it would be no different than going from Lutheran to Presbyterian.

And even if said girl renounced her christian faith altogether, there wouldn't be any shunning because that isn't loving. Just a lot of sadness.

Hope that helps.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:18 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
I didn't question it. I just posted an article I thought was interesting. Do you think the ENTIRE family is happy? Even the older girls who are made to take care of the younger kids, cook, clean, etc. instead of enjoying their last years of childhood themselves?
Is childhood supposed to be only about playing and having fun and being indulged? I had a happy childhood, extremely happy when I hear about the childhood of friends and acquaintances. And there were younger kids to take care of, chores to do. At some point, childhood has to be about preparation to become an adult. Assuming responsibilities, living up to those responsibilities is also part of childhood. So do I think the ENTIRE family is happy? Yes, I do. Not happy, happy, happy 100% of the day, but happy most of the time.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Is childhood supposed to be only about playing and having fun and being indulged? I had a happy childhood, extremely happy when I hear about the childhood of friends and acquaintances. And there were younger kids to take care of, chores to do. At some point, childhood has to be about preparation to become an adult. Assuming responsibilities, living up to those responsibilities is also part of childhood. So do I think the ENTIRE family is happy? Yes, I do. Not happy, happy, happy 100% of the day, but happy most of the time.
This family is extreme. The amount of work those girls have to do is extreme. Learning responsibility is good, but "everything in moderation" I say. As I said before, I realize it is their (the parents') choice and right to live that way. I just think it is unfair the amount that the older kids have to shoulder when it wasn't their choice.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:03 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
This family is extreme. The amount of work those girls have to do is extreme. Learning responsibility is good, but "everything in moderation" I say. As I said before, I realize it is their (the parents') choice and right to live that way. I just think it is unfair the amount that the older kids have to shoulder when it wasn't their choice.
With this many children, there's more work, and there's more hands to share the work. I don't think it's particularly "extreme". The number of children is extreme, but laundry is laundry, cooking is cooking. Dividing the work among several people makes it all go more quickly. It may be a little more responsibility than a lot of American children have today, but in a conservative Christian home, where idle hands get into mischief, it doesn't seem at all extreme to me. I don't think these girls do any more chores than I did when growing up. And they really don't appear to be unhappy about it.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:55 PM

Amen, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Every child has to live with thier parent's choices. I just think it could be a whole lot worse. These children are learning to be productive, hard working and also learning the value of a strong family. A lot of people lose sight of the value of family life and don't realize it until they need a family to lean on. Nuff said?

Old 04-03-2009, 04:03 PM

It is extreme. If it were "normal" they wouldn't have their own TV show would they? Each older kid has a younger one assigned to them, and totally takes care of that child as a parent usually would. I'm all for kids helping with house work, but as far as I can tell, the mom doesn't even do any of the cooking, cleaning, or laundry anymore. The kids do it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies