Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:01 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,023,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
I did not like ANY of the candidates. This not a party issue, this is a representation issue. None of the party's are actually working for us. Usually when you have an employee that is not doing their job you FIRE THEM! not invite them back the next day.
I suspect that this is a personal problem. For the first time in my adult life, I actually voted for a candidate and like the majority of Americans, I pretty happy with the outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 10:02 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,412,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Sorry, I don't agree with you. There are plenty of incompetents in the Democratic party. But they have not masterminded a shredding of the Constitution, implemented torture, or destroyed the middle class of this nation. The country is crumbling because of 16 years of Reagan and Bush. And Clinton's stupid NAFTA idea. The only one with "partisan blinders" on here is you. No party is perfect. But what the Republican party has done is unforgivable. And to listen to all of these Bush supporters now--NOW--suddenly overcome with grief for their nation--sorry, but the disingenuousness and suspect timing of their patriotism is completely transparent.
How can I be partisan when I am blaming both party's? I can see your attempting to get me to start throwing blame to one side or the other. I will not. Both are responsible, both need to be replaced. Open your eyes, Blind hate will get you know where.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I suspect that this is a personal problem. For the first time in my adult life, I actually voted for a candidate and like the majority of Americans, I pretty happy with the outcome.
not just me. Look at the tea party demonstrations happening all over the country. There are Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians of all kinds joining together to finally say they are pissed.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:06 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,964,839 times
Quote:
not just me. Look at the tea party demonstrations happening all over the country. There are Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians of all kinds joining together to finally say they are pissed.
The party backing Democrats will dismiss those Democrats as not really being a Democrat.

Remember, everything for the party. Even your first born son.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:07 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,023,902 times
Quote:
When their numbers start to approach even 10% of the number who voted against Obama, call me.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:07 PM

367 posts, read 1,023,344 times
we are ALL to blame because we did NOTHING. we voted for the lesser of the evils and ended up with two who nobody liked nor trusted. this wasn't an election of who was the best candidate. it was an election to make history. pure and simple. the elected aren't to blame. the one's who put them there are to blame. that being us. now we have to hope that it gets better because nobody is going to lift a finger to do a thing until it gets so bad that there are no other options..or will we just go along because we've become lazy?

Old 03-18-2009, 10:09 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,272,993 times
Quote:
Yes, and here's why the "tea party" idiocy is so . . . idiotic.

Bob Cesca: The Weird Contradictions of the Tea Bag Revolution

And what percentage of the participants in these "tea parties" are Democrats?

Old 03-18-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
When their numbers start to approach even 10% of the number who voted against Obama, call me.
Change has to start somewhere, I suspect as we move forward through this presidents term, and into the next the numbers will grow rapidly. Unless we can put someone up in 4 years that supports the constitution whole heartedly unlike our last and current president, it could get very ugly.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:11 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,272,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladihawkae View Post
we are ALL to blame because we did NOTHING. we voted for the lesser of the evils and ended up with two who nobody liked nor trusted. this wasn't an election of who was the best candidate. it was an election to make history. pure and simple. the elected aren't to blame. the one's who put them there are to blame. that being us. now we have to hope that it gets better because nobody is going to lift a finger to do a thing until it gets so bad that there are no other options..or will we just go along because we've become lazy?
I didn't vote for "the lesser of the evils." Nor did I vote to "make history." I voted for someone whom I believed could take the country in a new, positive direction. And that's who I got. It's insane to think that: 1) Obama has anything to do with this economic meltdown, and 2) that McCain--or anybody else--could be responding more responsibly. Most world economists are saying that the situation is unprecedented, and that pretty much NOBODY knows assuredly the direction to take.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:12 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,964,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Yes, and here's why the "tea party" idiocy is so . . . idiotic.

Bob Cesca: The Weird Contradictions of the Tea Bag Revolution

And what percentage of the participants in these "tea parties" are Democrats?
How would you know, you're just making assumptions.

[Mod edit]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 03-21-2009 at 06:32 AM.. Reason: lets not start a flame war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies