Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2009, 07:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Who elected you?

How was I shown to be a liar? I honestly thought it was $170 million towards Special Needs kids, but it was really education that had a big chunk towards helping Special Needs kids. Get off of your high horse.
Just like many other govenors who are refusing to take some of the money. Did you ever think it's because they will get stuck with canceling the programs when the bailout $$ run out making them look like the bad people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 07:48 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
They already look like the bad people now in many states. I know Rick Perry does to many in Texas.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:18 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,015,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
And Obama is 48 and not a good bowler. So what?
I could care less about bowling & whos good or bad.Special needs people are not the easiest to get along with & you gotta have alot of patience & understanding.If you're "special" roysoldboy I meant no disrespect.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:18 PM

559 posts, read 1,463,814 times
Is ir common pratice for presidents to go onto the Jay Leno show?

Old 03-21-2009, 01:25 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowthedirtbub View Post
Is ir common pratice for presidents to go onto the Jay Leno show?
Not Jay Leno in particular but many presidents in the past have used the newest or different medias to get the word out. Sort of like FDR's fire side chats Kennedy's first TV appearance, Reagan's radio addresses (although not new obviously it was one of Reagan's best abilities to transmit his message)....

Last edited by BigJon3475; 03-21-2009 at 01:35 PM..

Old 03-21-2009, 03:56 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
I was traveling for work this past week when Obama made his rude remark and made fun of Special Olympics. I was in airports continuosly as the story was playing over and over on monitors. The amount of heads shaking and the comments comming from fellow travelers in airports seems to imply this could be a VERY defining moment (down) for Obama. There was much disgust from people that anyone would make fun of Special Olympics, but the fact that a sitting president would was a crying shame.
Obama making his comment on Leno, sounded like some insensitive 15 year old Beavis & Butthead type kid with his buds.

People have finally seen the lie.....people have finally seen the insensitivity of Obama.

A defining moment..........

Old 03-21-2009, 04:01 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,296,055 times
Many of you are saying it's not a big deal and he was just joking. He was also "joking" when he said his grandmother was a typical white woman". He's quite the jokester isn't he? What if Bush had made a comment about a typical black person or joked about handicapped people, would all of you call it a joke? I think not.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:08 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obama making his comment on Leno, sounded like some insensitive 15 year old Beavis & Butthead type kid with his buds.

People have finally seen the lie.....people have finally seen the insensitivity of Obama.

I heard similar comments at the gym the following morning. It will only get worse as he gets more comfortable and arrogant in his role.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:12 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I was traveling for work this past week when Obama made his rude remark and made fun of Special Olympics. I was in airports continuosly as the story was playing over and over on monitors. The amount of heads shaking and the comments comming from fellow travelers in airports seems to imply this could be a VERY defining moment (down) for Obama. There was much disgust from people that anyone would make fun of Special Olympics, but the fact that a sitting president would was a crying shame.

Lets hope so!

Old 03-21-2009, 04:14 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Many of you are saying it's not a big deal and he was just joking. He was also "joking" when he said his grandmother was a typical white woman". He's quite the jokester isn't he? What if Bush had made a comment about a typical black person or joked about handicapped people, would all of you call it a joke? I think not.
They would have done everything short of tar and feathering him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies