Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 07:02 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Meanwhile BHO continues to make history. He has been in office two months and in that time his approval index has fallen 26%. I'm not sure any other POTUS has ever done that. Typically the numbers go up instead of down. Go figure.

Attachment 38474

Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
Lol......
thats disapproval rating are you dyslexic?
Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 07:06 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Yeah I guess the whole state is up in arms.
A few dozen is a high percentage in Alaska!Palins people sure seem worried.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...ry/962338.html
http://obama.wsj.com/article/0ecod8y...q=Peter+Orszag

Old 03-22-2009, 07:06 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
She wanted to take all that money, but her handlers told her not to ... Sarah Palin can't make a decision without the okey dokey of the conservapublicans ... she was making a political decision pure and simple, not a decision for the betterment of the very people that voted her into office. Prudent? I think not ... you have the first letter right though ... P is the first letter of the word POLITICAL.

Got a link?

Old 03-23-2009, 04:27 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If you don't understand something I wrote, please ask me to clarify. I'd be happy to explain what I'm talking about. See we have a problem. No one is able to buy the bonds that correspond to the trillions we are printing at the fed right now. So what the Fed is doing is buying our own government debt. This has predictably caused the USD to fall relative to other currencies. It dropped 4.5% just today because currency traders understand that as we print more money, the value of existing dollars will decrease. So they dump them. Today they bought gold and crude futures. See crude is good because as we devaluate our currency, the price of oil in USD increases because the money is worth less. How do you like your stimulus package so far? Well, everyone knows it's a shell game and the money we are printing is worthless. Inflation comes next so hold on to yer wallet. It's gonna be a really bumpy ride!

"At this point, Bernanke is basically financing the national deficit by buying debt issued by the Treasury. In addition to capping Treasury yields, expanding the Fed’s balance sheet and printing more money to accommodate these purchases has sharply undermined the value of the dollar."

Fed's $1 Trillion Debt-Buying Plan Loosens Lending and Drains the Dollar

BBC NEWS | Business | Dollar slides after US Fed plan
This is especially scary also, because as I study FDR, The Great Depression, and the "New Deal" (and how it not only prolonged the depression but deepened it), I see the Obama administration acting in the same way FDR did. Make work projects, throwing money into the system (thinking that is the solution) raising taxes, instead of lowering them, more regulations, empowering labor unions, etc., etc. Everything FDR did made things worse.

Obama seems to be following FDR's footsteps exactly. It is either deliberate, or he simply doesn't know what he's doing. Given that most Democrats "worship" FDR, I'd say it's deliberate. They are after power, and they see business as evil, as did FDR.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:08 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Some Alaskans voicing their opinions:

Take the money, Sarah

Protesters tell Palin to take stimulus funds: Politics | adn.com

Our view: Stimulus spurned: ADN Editorial | adn.com

And then the spin ... rut ro ... I smell a flip flop!

Palin: stimulus "still on the table" - KTVA (http://www.ktva.com/ci_11963723 - broken link)

It's not hard to conclude that Sarah Palin is jockeying for position for a 2012 presidential run because she sure as heck is going to be looking for work if she keeps this crap up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies