Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 07:27 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,198,548 times

Advertisements

Then don't turn it on.

You don't have to be eternally grateful to me for solving your problem, a simple thank you would suffice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 07:35 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,136,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I don't think it is dignified for the President or other officials to go on talk shows (like Leno).

What is up with politicians trying to be movie or tv stars?
Not dignified??? Why do you place our empolyees on such pedestals???
They aren't holy gods to you, are they?

They're just peolple , hired by us to do a job....they fart, they belch, they swear and drink...just like the rest of us....try to get over the worshipy thing.

Nope, you like the other repubs just need something, ANYTHING, to whine about.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:37 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,839,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Not dignified??? Why do you place our empolyees on such pedestals???
They aren't holy gods to you, are they?

They're just peolple , hired by us to do a job....they fart, they belch, they swear and drink...just like the rest of us....try to get over the worshipy thing.

Nope, you like the other repubs just need something, ANYTHING, to whine about.
Kinda like democrats whine about Bush. Lets not act like people cant speak out against Obama. While democrats blasted Bush every move.

Yeah its whining wanting a president to actually be in the white house doing his job.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:40 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,791,451 times
Actually I talked to a couple Republican buddies who came away impressed in spite of themselves with Obama's Leno interview. Threy thought he made common sense and was reasoned and articulate. I think it was a good move on his part.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:40 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,386,492 times
I'm not a huge fan of it, but times, and the media, change. I just hope it makes for more effective communication, but I'm still up in the air about it. Can't be any worse than five second sound bites and op/eds that pass for news on the national networks.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:42 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,198,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Kinda like democrats whine about Bush. Lets not act like people cant speak out against Obama. While democrats blasted Bush every move.

Yeah its whining wanting a president to actually be in the white house doing his job.
I don't think I ever complained about Bush's media exposure. if anything I wanted him to speak in public for as long as possible.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:45 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,440,837 times
So little time and so many protected classes (11 others) to go after....

Old 03-20-2009, 07:51 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,762,071 times
Its cool that if displays a more human side of the person. But I do regret that the line between policy and entertaiment is becoming ever-more blurred.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,136,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Yup, among other things I whined about bush getting us into an unecessary war and hiding the cost, not doing a damn thing about the economy, and being on vacation 46% of the time "cutting brush" and playing golf,which wasn't in the White House..

COMPARED TO:

The repubs whine about a president acting like he IS our employee, getting out and speaking to, listening to, and being seen by the people who hired him...and that he doesn't wear a jacket in the Oval office. If you think Obama hasn't been working than you haven't been paying attention......some heavy duty stuff has been going on.....repubs should know, they whine about it all.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:59 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,839,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
I don't think I ever complained about Bush's media exposure. if anything I wanted him to speak in public for as long as possible.
No of course because Bushs was all bad. But lets not act like democrats didnt " whine" about Bush

Heck you can hardly talk about what Obama is doing without it being blamed on Bush

The answer to all things Obama..........Obama is great. Bush is bad, Obama has no choice because of Bush
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies