Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:49 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,954,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Whining about Obama appearing in public is stupid.
Perhaps, but it does make people wonder who's really running the country while he's indulging in all of these personal projects. I guess we'll just have to wait & see what happens as his presidency progresses, either he will be a man of the people & will promote a more open society or he may just be another wolf in sheep's clothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Well, you are on to something. So would you agree that the flip side of it is people getting serious information from Limbaugh or Stewart?
I would encourage folks to enjoy both and widen their horizons with the wealth of information sources and make some attempt to judge for themselves at the plausibility and validity of any information. On any given day, I suspect both Stewart and Limbaugh provide some good information that is in fact usable, but if this is ones only source then woe be to they.

I have a tendency or even a flaw that rings in the back of my skull when I see people do things, I ask why are they doing things. In the case of Obama going on the Tonight show, I'm not outraged and in fact, I could really care less what the President does at that hour on TV as I know he at least isn't starting a war or signing some obscure executive order. So what is Obama doing of late with all these appearances and I believe I know why.

There is that little matter of a budget vote coming up and I suspect that he is out there pumping it up to gain support for his views and get his budget proposal passed. Now folks can argue and debate that until they are blue in the face, that is just fine and dandy, but to get outraged over an appearance on a TV show seems rather shallow to me.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:54 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I don't think it is dignified for the President or other officials to go on talk shows (like Leno).

What is up with politicians trying to be movie or tv stars?

dont watch then, you act like he's a first

Old 03-20-2009, 09:05 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
I don't think I ever complained about Bush's media exposure. if anything I wanted him to speak in public for as long as possible.
Hey, me too!

Bush's continuous spewage of lies resulted in his degradation of the English language beneath any level of coherence understandable by any person passing the 6th grade.

Bush didn't gaff - He was a gaff.

A living, breathing, walking, talking, gaff.

He appealed to many.

For different reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies