Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 09:39 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,309,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
I already said that, genius, and then explained a way around it. Please keep up and while you're at it why not actually answer a direct question for once? I'm also still waiting for you to admit your wild (and it is fair to say ignorant) claims of unconstitutionality were wrong. Be a frigging adult and own up to it.
Seems your President must be ingorant also - he is now backtracking:

"I think that you've got a pretty egregious situation here (bonus payments) that people are understandably upset about," he said in the interview taped Friday. "And so let's see if there are ways of doing this that are both legal, that are constitutional — that uphold our basic principles of fairness, but don't hamper us from getting the banking system back on track."

You can read the link above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 10:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
What it shows is whosew leading the democrtci party. Pelosi and Reid;not Oabma.Either that or he is getting them to do his stupid playing to the maddening crowd.But I really beleive it's just another incompetitent undertaking that this was a response to in the first place.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:28 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Seems your President must be ingorant also - he is now backtracking:
You keep posting the same meaningless crap but the fact remains he never signed on to that particular course of action it was several Congressmen (Barney Frank comes to mind) who suggested it. Personally that is my dog in this fight. My dog is combating the ignorant fools who claim it is unconstitutional to adjust the tax rate for the current tax year. There are no words for how stupid those people are especially since just a few months ago they wholeheartedly supported a tax reduction to give people rebate checks.... get this... FOR THE SAME TAX YEAR! OMG!! EXPOST FACTO!!!1111!

These people don't even try to be logically consistent and instead just repeat what ever nonsense is fed to them without even the slightest bit of thought or questioning. There are words which describe people like this but they're impolite to use so I will leave it to your imagination.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
You keep posting the same meaningless crap but the fact remains he never signed on to that particular course of action it was several Congressmen (Barney Frank comes to mind) who suggested it. Personally that is my dog in this fight. My dog is combating the ignorant fools who claim it is unconstitutional to adjust the tax rate for the current tax year. There are no words for how stupid those people are especially since just a few months ago they wholeheartedly supported a tax reduction to give people rebate checks.... get this... FOR THE SAME TAX YEAR! OMG!! EXPOST FACTO!!!1111!

These people don't even try to be logically consistent and instead just repeat what ever nonsense is fed to them without even the slightest bit of thought or questioning. There are words which describe people like this but they're impolite to use so I will leave it to your imagination.
Did I ever say ex-post facto? Show me where I said that. There are words for people like you - people who jump to conclusions and then trash others - I'll leave it to your imagination.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:08 AM

AIG last week sent off a firestorm of criticism after it paid $165 million in bonuses. The House overwhelmingly passed legislation to tax those bonus payments at up to 90 percent, though President Obama has questioned the bill on constitutional grounds.

Where is our friend Oerdin now? He was so quick to discount the assertion that it was unconstitutional - not man enough to admit you were wrong?

Old 03-24-2009, 03:23 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
They always do.

Not to mention Republicans blocked amendments which would have limited executive compensation and bonuses for companies which get bailed out but now pretend to be outraged when these execs loot millions for doing nothing. They're hypocrites and liars.

YouTube - Republican hypocrisy on AIG bonuses, executive compensation

Republicans can't block anything because there aren't enough to do that. Nice try though. See the Democrats control the entire government. It's not like the old days when you could just blame Bush for everything. He's gone. You won. You're responsible. Didn't read the bill? Too bad. Try harder next time.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:26 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No, the tax can be written to where it is legal...

Poor GOP is looking for all sorts of ways to protect their wealthy Elites from the consequences of their own actions.

Laurence Tribe: is taxing AIG legal? - The Atlantic Business Channel

Then why's is the White House running away from it?

Obama signals opposition to bonus tax - White House- msnbc.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies