U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 11:23 PM

14,307 posts, read 15,136,003 times

Advertisements

...and had an extensive criminal record, according to official records.

I don't get it. Why are repeat, violent felons allowed to live among us?

Help me out with this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 11:30 PM

1,779 posts, read 3,486,028 times
This crap has gone on long enough.

Last summer a Fort Myers officer was murdered by a criminal who not only had multiple felonies.... but was ILLEGALY in this country too boot, and committed multiple felonies while illegaly here, but was never deported.....

I have zero sympathy for convicted felons, and I could care less about their "rights"....

Unlike some other members of this forum who have more sympathy for felons than for cops.....

Old 03-22-2009, 11:35 PM

55,665 posts, read 74,620,384 times
50 years ago the gangbangers would be dead not the cops. new policy shoot a gangbanger go to jail.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:41 PM

4,883 posts, read 7,321,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
...and had an extensive criminal record, according to official records.

I don't get it. Why are repeat, violent felons allowed to live among us?

Help me out with this one.
Because dirt bag Republicans won't agree to raise taxes to pay to build more jails or hire more guards so the judges force states to release prisoners due to over crowding. Our choices are to release nonviolent offenders like the guy caught smoking a joint, release violent offenders, or build more prisons. We already have the largest prison population in the world so building more doesn't seem to work.

Really we need to get rid of three strikes laws and try to end the war on drugs (for at least soft drugs) so that we no longer have people serving life sentences for stealing a $20 shirt or having a pot plant in their back yard. Then maybe we'd have room for the actual violent offenders.

That won't happen though because it would be a smart move and our politicians almost never do smart moves because they prefer posturing and empty rhetoric. "I'm tough on crime and we're sending people to prison for life for minor shop lifting". It's stupid.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Because dirt bag Republicans won't...... .
Well, that didn't take long Put a lot of thought into it, didn't you?

So your saying Dems are,generally known to be harsh on crime and criminals, support the death penalty, support long prison sentences after the first violent offense against a victim?

Old 03-23-2009, 01:56 AM

4,883 posts, read 7,321,002 times
You asked for the truth so I gave it to you. Don't cry because you don't like the truth.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:12 AM

11,961 posts, read 12,843,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Well, that didn't take long Put a lot of thought into it, didn't you?

So your saying Dems are,generally known to be harsh on crime and criminals, support the death penalty, support long prison sentences after the first violent offense against a victim?

Pardon me? Blue state NY has the death penalty. We had to let go of an otherwise very good governor because he refused to serve the will of his people on religious grounds. He lost his office over it.

I'm thinking california prisons wouldn't be as crowded if they followed suit. I can see no justifiable reason why charles manson was allowed to live. He's beyond all redemption.

As for this character in the headlines, he isn't anyones problem anymore.

You know doc, when an idea is good, it tends to catch on without the arrogance & disrespect y'all are all too willing to dish out since Rush came on the air. Think about it.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:12 AM

14,095 posts, read 23,685,664 times
No, crying is what democrats do for the criminals. Oh the poor little criminals. It's not their fault they're criminals. It's society's fault. We must excuse their behavior and try to talk to them about why they did what they did. If you want to make prison work then make it a punishment instead of a vacation away from home for these criminals. Death penalty would work if it was used more often. Criminals are afraid of getting executed. If they weren't, then why do they try for years to get the punishment changed from death to life in prison? Maybe if wusses would stop babying the criminals and start punishing the criminals,...starting in public school, then those four cops would be alive today. Oerdin, did you read the above article? This wasn't a simple drug user. This was a repeat violent offender who was on parole and armed with guns. You feel sorry for the criminal then drive to Oakland and show your support for his family who failed to raise a good person.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
You asked for the truth so I gave it to you. Don't cry because you don't like the truth.
Yes I did and you spoke it with not only eloquence, but such fervor and commitment.

And I apologize for crying, being a man and all, but the truth is you frightened me.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:21 AM

11,961 posts, read 12,843,488 times
sailordave is campaigning to keep republicans out of office for the next 20 yrs. excellent work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies