Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 03:56 PM

536 posts, read 413,999 times

Advertisements

Both parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 04:00 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I noticed there is a ton of data on high level of education and political party affliliation (Democrat) but I'm having trouble finding data that says which political party gets the vote of people who didn't graduate from high school.

Why is that? See, I think it's the same political party. Can someone point me to reliable data that says which party gets the vote of high school dropouts?

In my experience undereducated people, welfare people & the dregs of society all vote Democrat. I guess mostly because democrats support the programs that help the lazy folks get by without working for a living.
Dont know where you can find reliable data on it, though.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:03 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
That's assuming that completing high school makes you "educated".

I think when you also factor in the levels of college grads and those with graduate degrees voting for Obama, it all balances out...

Unless you want to agree that Obama is both the candidate for whom the least educated AND the most educated voted. Which he is, it seems.

I think its clear that Obama won because he is black & that motivated ALOT of minorities who never voted before to do so.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:04 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Probably democrats since many of these highschool dropouts end up on welfare and or a life of crime. Democrats are usually easier on criminals since it isn't their fault they're a criminal,...it's society's fault so they should be talked to and let free.
wait, I thought we were all ivy league elitists...

Old 01-07-2014, 06:01 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And why are you fixated on only high school drop outs? Then, would it be equally logical to focus only on the most learned of all groups (Grad and Post Grad which vote overwhelmingly democratic)? I thought the idea was to understand how the educated vote. So we should be looking at full spectrum of voters. Besides, I see no point in eliminating voter group younger than 25.

The Gallup Poll provided a pretty comprehensive look at what you were looking for, and it is from the latest election (D: Blue, R: Red)
Sub-High School: 51% 49% (Currently in High School or Drop Outs)
High School: 47% 53% (Finished High School, no College)
Some College: 52% 48% (Currently in College or Drop Outs)
College: 55% 45%
Grad School: 67% 33%
Post Grad School: 65% 35%

I would say, people with some high school and some college only slightly voted more democratic. People with just high school diploma gave an edge to the republican ticket. College and above has significant number of democratic voters.
Einstein's Ghost,
You are factually mistaken. You claim that Obama only won the "Sub-High School" amount by a 2% margin. This is not true. Read your own link again carefully. Obama won the "High School AND less" vote by 2%. This includes people with a high school degree and no college along with the drop outs.

Obama in fact won the high school drop out vote by a 28% margin in 2008 and a 29% margin in 2012.

2012 Presidential Race - Election Results by State | NBC News

2012 Fox News Exit Poll | Politics | Fox News

Exit polls 2012: How the vote has shifted - The Washington Post

Presidential Race - 2012 Election Center - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

Old 01-07-2014, 06:23 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Einstein's Ghost,
You are factually mistaken. You claim that Obama only won the "Sub-High School" amount by a 2% margin. This is not true. Read your own link again carefully. Obama won the "High School AND less" vote by 2%. This includes people with a high school degree and no college along with the drop outs.

Obama in fact won the high school drop out vote by a 28% margin in 2008 and a 29% margin in 2012.

2012 Presidential Race - Election Results by State | NBC News

2012 Fox News Exit Poll | Politics | Fox News

Exit polls 2012: How the vote has shifted - The Washington Post

Presidential Race - 2012 Election Center - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

If you read the Gallup link, you'll see that Gallup's results are presented poorly and in a way that is easy to misinterpret; for one thing they conflated "high school grad" and "did not compete high school".

Old 01-07-2014, 06:27 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
Who will keep my free money, free housing, free medical, free dental, free schooling, and free food coming?

That's all the inquiring mind the average Democrat voter concerns itself with.

A cognitive juggernaut it is not.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:33 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
The uneducated are not unwise. They often have much more
common sense than the educated.
Mis-education is worse than less education, and mis-education
is more dangerous than low education.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:59 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
The uneducated are not unwise. They often have much more
common sense than the educated.
Mis-education is worse than less education, and mis-education
is more dangerous than low education.
It takes little common sense to have your hand out for your entire life.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:01 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I noticed there is a ton of data on high level of education and political party affliliation (Democrat) but I'm having trouble finding data that says which political party gets the vote of people who didn't graduate from high school.

Why is that? See, I think it's the same political party. Can someone point me to reliable data that says which party gets the vote of high school dropouts?

whether or not the undereducated vote for the republicans or the democrats, they vote for the same party.

as both of those parties shall always vote for more government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies