Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2010, 05:12 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times

Advertisements

57 states. 'nuff said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 07:53 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaultvintage View Post
Of course he speaks well.You always try to impress someone when you're screwing them from behind.Taking away peoples freedom doesn't make you a president it makes you a dictator.

I know, thats why I was so glad to see Bush-Cheney leave office.

Unfortunately, like a virus, they are not necessarily always cured, and they come back to cause pain for the sufferers, in this case, 300 million Americans, 24 million Iraqi's, and however many people, including thousands of civilians, who have been killed, injured or ensnared in the Bush Cheney era program of assassination, wars of aggression and torture. The neocons are the gift that keeps on giving. Giving means their profit and your pain. Which continues under Obama.

How many Iraqi's bombed the United States? How many Afghans?

I like the Patriot Act, I hear it keeps me safe from the terraris...

Old 04-01-2010, 07:56 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I know, thats why I was so glad to see Bush-Cheney . ...
good to see you bring up Bush in a thread about intelligent presidents.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:57 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
good to see you bring up Bush in a thread about intelligent presidents.
There's someone alive today who thinks Bush is intelligent?

What is their name?

Old 04-01-2010, 08:11 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
After listening to a blithering idiot for the past 8 years, who could barely speak coherently, we get to listen to a dignified and eloquent President like the one who came before the idiot frat boy George W. Bush.

Thank goodness.

I fell sorry for you, man.

Bush hasn't been the president for quite some time now. You need to get over your hatred and resentment for him.

It's no way to go thru life.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:13 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
There's someone alive today who thinks Bush is intelligent?

What is their name?
you know you sound like a 12 year old?

grow up man. you're embarressing youself.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:43 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
I don't understand why liberals think as long as someone is a great orator (or charmers like JFK and Clinton) the message being delivered is automatically transformed into the sweetest smelling pile of cow crap they ever had their faces rubbed in instead of the rancid pile of fly-ridden/bacteria infested poop it really is?

I'll give Obama that - he does read his speeches very well (and I would NEVER expect anyone who delivers over 400 speeches in 365 days to memorize them all word for word...unless it was the same speech over and over and over again).

In his "personal" /"just you and me and Obama" interviews that I have watched...the man has an answer for EVERYTHING. That's what is scary about him. No kick back in the interview chair and "hmmm.....let me think how best to answer this"... an already pre-thought out/contrived answer.

Speaks to the robot he is, how crafty he is, the salesman that he is and in REAL LIFE? I can't stand people like that. They always seem to be on the defensive or have something to hide or prove b/c they know they don't walk their talk.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:44 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
He does speak well in between each 'uh uh um uh'.

I really enjoyed hearing him thank himself for his own speech before realizing it was the Irash PM's line. Brilliant!

Dubya never did that.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:27 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,871 times
Never a huge fan of W, but at least he spoke from the heart and didn't try to come off as snotty and elitist while stuttering his way through a teleprompter.

Ronald Reagan was our greatest speaker.
Obama is the worst. The guy sounds like he's mixed amphetamines and Night Train before reading the teleprompter.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
I'm always reassured after hearing him speak. Seems like a pragmatic guy to me. And a total breath of fresh air....AHhhhh....

It can get distressing listening to all the B.S. on various internet forums about this, that or the other going on. everything seems so dramatic and extreme.

Just listen to the man himself and make up your own mind I say.
I have been doing that and you don't like the way my mind is working. More of that lefties are always right and you righties are never right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies