Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 01:02 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
What is scaring the market today???

This:

"1) Of the top nineteen (19) banks in the nation, sixteen (16) are already technically insolvent.

2) Of the 16 banks that are already technically insolvent, not even one can withstand any disruption of cash flow at all or any further deterioration in non-paying loans.

3) If any two of the 16 insolvent banks go under, they will totally wipe out all remaining FDIC insurance funding.

4) Of the top 19 banks in the nation, the top five (5) largest banks are under capitalized so dangerously, there is serious doubt about their ability to continue as ongoing businesses."

Treasury: Caught Lying Again - The Market Ticker

Turner has a questionable reputation, but he's reiterating information from Weiss:
JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, Citibank, Wells Fargo and More Than 1,800 Other Institutions Believed to Be at Risk of Failure Based on Fourth Quarter 2008 Data | Martin D. Weiss' Blog

Discussion:
Treasury: Caught Lying Again [Ticker] - MarketTicker Forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 01:31 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Right date.. wrong direction, and I'm taking a severe beating because of it...

Thats what I get for giving that "genius" Obama the benefit of the doubt...
So, essentially you were predicting when banks would release their earnings reports in April ?

I see you've predicted the dates correctly!

Can you also predict what date Friday will fall on this week?

Old 04-20-2009, 01:33 PM

Commercial and Savings Banks and Thrifts Rated D+ (Weak) or Lower, sorted by total assets:
http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/files...s-04-07-09.pdf

And the Alt-A and Option ARM second shoe will drop in the not too distant future:
http://static.seekingalpha.com/uploa...lmtgresets.jpg

Old 04-20-2009, 01:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
So, essentially you were predicting when banks would release their earnings reports in April ?

I see you've predicted the dates correctly!

Can you also predict what date Friday will fall on this week?
The market didnt fall today because of bank reports, bank reports showed profits..

But hey, you sounded cool, even if you made it obvious you dont know what you were talking about.. I think everyone in the market knows banks are reporting profits..
http://business.rediff.com/report/20...es-profits.htm
http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/2279459/ (broken link)

What I mis analized was the effect of the conversion of equity to stocks and its effect on the market.. the conversion that Obama is responsible for soley.. Its his plan, his actions.. Do I look like a fool with a bad prediction? Most likely, but its because I gave Obama credit for his plan which make banks profitable. The market seen the plan for what it was, a gimick, I just thought the market would fall for it..

Old 04-20-2009, 02:09 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
the banks are only making profits on paper, not actual profits. there is a multi-trillion dollar fraud being perpertrated on the american public:

Another good interview in Barron's--with William Black

some highlights:
The PPPIP "is worse than a lie. Geithner has appropriated the language of his critics and of the forthright to support dishonesty. . . . [H]e is panderingto the interests of a select group of banks who are on a first-name basis with Washington politicians."

--"[Geithner's] plan essentially perpetuates zombie banks by mispricing toxic assets that were mispriced to the borrower and mispriced by the lender which only served the unfaithful lending agent."

--"The last thing we need is a further drain on our resources and subsidies by promoting this toxic-asset market."

--"With most of America's biggest banks insolvent, you have, in essence, a multitrillion dollar cover-up by publicly traded entitites, which amounts to securities fraud on a massive scale."

Old 04-20-2009, 02:16 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Definitely NOT a good day....

-289.60 (-3.56%)
Apr 20 - Close

A LOT of profit taking I guess....

Old 04-20-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
the banks are only making profits on paper, not actual profits. there is a multi-trillion dollar fraud being perpertrated on the american public:

Another good interview in Barron's--with William Black

some highlights:
The PPPIP "is worse than a lie. Geithner has appropriated the language of his critics and of the forthright to support dishonesty. . . . [H]e is panderingto the interests of a select group of banks who are on a first-name basis with Washington politicians."

--"[Geithner's] plan essentially perpetuates zombie banks by mispricing toxic assets that were mispriced to the borrower and mispriced by the lender which only served the unfaithful lending agent."

--"The last thing we need is a further drain on our resources and subsidies by promoting this toxic-asset market."

--"With most of America's biggest banks insolvent, you have, in essence, a multitrillion dollar cover-up by publicly traded entitites, which amounts to securities fraud on a massive scale."
Yep. Think about it...

$13.2 trillion is guaranteed, spent, or backstopped by Fed, Treasury, or FDIC. (NOT the deficit, this is NEW spending)

Of that, 93% has been committed to bailing out the banks. (Refer to my earlier post with the list of weak banks.)

7% of what's left, is committed to the economy, but most of that is social programs spending.

Only $300 billion is actually being used for infrastructure.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:34 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. Think about it...

$13.2 trillion is guaranteed, spent, or backstopped by Fed, Treasury, or FDIC. (NOT the deficit, this is NEW spending)

Of that, 93% has been committed to bailing out the banks. (Refer to my earlier post with the list of weak banks.)

7% of what's left, is committed to the economy, but most of that is social programs spending.

i hope that americans take the time to read these articles and digest what is going on in our country now. it is truly unbelievable!

Old 04-20-2009, 09:42 PM

438 posts, read 831,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i hope that americans take the time to read these articles and digest what is going on in our country now. it is truly unbelievable!

Here is another great read. I do not think a bull market is coming anytime soon:

Big bank profits are bogus! Massive public deception! | Money and Markets: Free Investment Email Newsletter

Old 04-20-2009, 10:28 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. Think about it...

Are you saying that Obama has committed 13.2 trillion in new spending?!!! Give a link to this please!!!

You've already misled one poster I see!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies