Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:36 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Absolutely right! Actually, I am driving from Minneapolis to Fargo either Saturday or Sunday to see if there is something I can do for those North Dakotans, here in this part of the Midwest, people rely more on each other than in other parts of the country because of our agricultural past and harsh weather.
Two or three days from now you'll get up there? Sounds to me like they need help now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 01:40 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,625,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Where is FEMA and Obama?

Oh, that's right. These are white victims - they tend to cope with such things without government "help".
Ice Jam Detonated at North Dakota Capital, Residents Evacuate

The National Guard, Army Corps of Engineers and FEMA are all either already there working or on their way.

Don't you get tired of being so hateful?

Old 03-26-2009, 01:43 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Two or three days from now you'll get up there? Sounds to me like they need help now!
That's sort of the response that led both Washington and Lincoln to give up on militias.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:46 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,939,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
That's sort of the response that led both Washington and Lincoln to give up on militias.
True. Militias will be far more useful in neutralizing threats from Washington and Lincoln part deux.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:47 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,380,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Take all those teabags people have been talking about and use those instead of the sandbags...
Ummm..different kind of teabag. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:27 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,827,216 times
In a press release today Congressman Eddie Kantor's office said; "I'd like to go but I'm too busy grooving to Britney Spears".

golfgod

Old 03-26-2009, 04:10 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,898,599 times
Quote:
My home is Grand Forks, North Dakota though I travel for my job. I just happen to be home this week from AK. The 1997 flood followed record snowfalls much as this winter, and freezing rains in the spring. The entire city was evacuated. And only a few dozen homes didn't get water in a town of around 50,000. Fargo is 80 miles south of us. Busloads of students and citizens from here went to Fargo to fill sandbags and build dikes earlier this week. I'm sure volunteers came from other communities as well. The entire state is under seige by flood waters this year so instate volunteers are limited in where and how much they can do. Mother Nature has other plans. We are into our second day of blizzard conditions and roads in and around Fargo are closed due to weather and icey, water or snow filled roads. Good intentions won't get anyone near the area until possibly tomorrow. Come when you can, you'll be needed.

The rest of you continue to enjoy your little word plays and laughs at our misfortune. I, in the mean time, can only say a prayer for those who are losing their homes and belongings. I have a four foot snow drift in my driveway which only fills in as I shovel snow out. We didn't lose one life in '97 and I hope/pray the same holds true for the Flood of 2009. At this time GF is ok but we are also flooding near the river and can only hope that overland flooding doesn't contribute to our woes once again.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:17 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times
I am hardly laughing at your misfortune. We are in the midst of a blizzard here in the Denver area; the National Guard had to be called out. I was simply commenting on someone planning to go help in 2-3 days, rather than immediately. I didn't know you couldn't get into town.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 PM

492 posts, read 959,602 times
Wait... wait.. wait...

WHERE'S FEMA ! ! !

Old 03-26-2009, 04:20 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,898,599 times
Quote:
I am hardly laughing at your misfortune. We are in the midst of a blizzard here in the Denver area; the National Guard had to be called out. I was simply commenting on someone planning to go help in 2-3 days, rather than immediately. I didn't know you couldn't get into town.
I was letting you know he/she couldn't get into town because of the blizzard. I wasn't referring to you where I refer to posters that are finding comedy in our situation. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies