Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2009, 03:34 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,819,090 times

Advertisements

So it is the vendors that are perverted, not the entire gay population or the parade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
U
And please don't invoke naivette. You know perfectly well what goes on. I even saw pics of a "pride event" where the vendors on the street were selling sex toys that had a crucifix for a handle. That is HIGHLY offensive and has no place on a public street or sidewalk.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:37 PM

46 posts, read 17,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Last time i'm posting to this thread.

It's clear you have problems man. I made a sincere gesture in my last post and i'll make one more: Move past your hatred. This is the United States, there's room for all of us here. Good Luck to you.
I don't want your "sincere gestures," if that hasn't been made clear enough.

I despise you.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:38 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,579,455 times
Quote:
Um, these events are held via parades and gatherings throughout American cities. The one in DFW goes on for A WEEK. What, so the rest of us are supposed to stay out of our cities because the homosexuals want to party in public?
You're telling us that you're exposed to gay public sex throughout the Dallas-Ft. Worth metro area for an entire week every year? Honey, you're about as homophobic as they come. Or maybe you're hallucinating.

Quote:
I even saw pics of a "pride event" where the vendors on the street were selling sex toys that had a crucifix for a handle. That is HIGHLY offensive and has no place on a public street or sidewalk.
If I don't like something, then I look the other way. No one is forcing you to look. You seem really obsessed with homosexuality.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Um, these events are held via parades and gatherings throughout American cities. The one in DFW goes on for A WEEK. What, so the rest of us are supposed to stay out of our cities because the homosexuals want to party in public?

And please don't invoke naivette. You know perfectly well what goes on. I even saw pics of a "pride event" where the vendors on the street were selling sex toys that had a crucifix for a handle. That is HIGHLY offensive and has no place on a public street or sidewalk.
Yeah, and guess what? Your religion has no place in politics, so stop your b*tching. Look at the destruction you people have caused, the sickness and discrimination you have spread because of your "beliefs." I applaud any and all who make a mockery of the lifestyle of Christianity, because it's done as a reaction, not as an offensive attack. And you know what? You deserve it.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:10 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,147,800 times
Wow. This thread managed to get 16 pages? Hmm, I find it rather sad that the OP would even attack a gay poster. The problem isn't straights. It's you. None of the gay members here have the same ugly attitude. Seek help, seriously.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:44 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,896,352 times
Ok, I see that you have made a new account so let's take this from ideology to practicality. What steps do you think we should take to establish your perfect world (Im still trying to figure out what that is)? To rephrase that, when should all of us heteros (and gays who are also somehow persecuting you)begin our mass-suicide?

Mods, can you please close this thread? I do believe setting up multiple accounts is against the rules.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:48 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,887,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobegone View Post
I never said sexuality was defined. I thought I made that clear when I mentioned that gay, straight, and bisexual are all modern constructions. The fact that sexuality isn't defined doesn't make any difference to people who do not agree with the idea of sexual fluidity, however.

I can decide what's healthy and normal for myself. I don't care what you think in regards to the state of my person. It's not your concern.
First off, you did state the definitions...In one post you mentioned they were all defined in the 1950s. Secondly, by making this entire thread, you clearly have the constructs and definitions in your head. So not only by your own admission, but also your actions, you defined sexuality.

Thirdly, it is apparent to most posters that you are not in a healthy mental state. With the sole purpose of creating an account to stir controversy, it is not healthy behavior.

Fourth, it seems that you do care what others think since you posted your controversial opinions on the internet. You obviously do care otherwise you would not have called people "part of the problem". If they agreed with you 100%, then you would satisfied. Hence people did not, you got upset. Truly not caring would reflect no change in attitude and behavior.

Fifth, look I'm just reading your posts and it seems that you really don't have a healthy outlook. But hey, that's okay. My life goes on.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
First off, you did state the definitions...In one post you mentioned they were all defined in the 1950s. Secondly, by making this entire thread, you clearly have the constructs and definitions in your head. So not only by your own admission, but also your actions, you defined sexuality.
That was society's definition, not mine. I was calling attention to the way society has handled sexuality. And working within those definitions I have constructed this thread because that's the reality that most people adhere to.

Quote:
Thirdly, it is apparent to most posters that you are not in a healthy mental state. With the sole purpose of creating an account to stir controversy, it is not healthy behavior.
Again, I'll be the judge of this. Controversy is created on this forum all day, everyday. Just because I am more explicit and overt in the way I feel and what I express doesn't make me any more or less controversial than any other member posting here. Deal.

Quote:
Fourth, it seems that you do care what others think since you posted your controversial opinions on the internet. You obviously do care otherwise you would not have called people "part of the problem". If they agreed with you 100%, then you would satisfied. Hence people did not, you got upset. Truly not caring would reflect no change in attitude and behavior.
I said I don't care what you think about my mental state. All you are seeing is text on a screen. My attitude and behavior have not changed.

And I became "upset" because people decided that they were going to jump to conclusions about my thread from the get go, as evidenced by "teatime" and that person's ridiculous contribution. From there, it became this, so fine.

Quote:
Fifth, look I'm just reading your posts and it seems that you really don't have a healthy outlook. But hey, that's okay. My life goes on.
[/quote]

Yes, your life does go on, and hopefully it'll take you some place where everyone - both gay and straight - holds hands and sings "Kumbaya." Of course, I have no reason to believe that it would not be THC-induced.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,579,455 times
I think most straight people actually deserve a lot more credit than they're getting.

In the year 2000 in California, the voters passed Proposition 22, which said we would only recognize male/female marriages from other states. This was before same-sex marriage was even being discussed as a possibility in California. The law passed with 62% in favor of it, 38% against.

Fast forward to 2008. Same-sex marriage was a REALITY in California. Proposition 8 came along (an amendment to the California Constitution which would define marriage as only between a man and a woman), and it passed with 52% voting in favor of it. But 48% of the people voted against it and wanted to keep same-sex marriage legal!

Look at how things have changed. In just 8 years, the anti-same-sex-marriage side lost 10 percentage points. If their movement had any momentum at all, they would have GAINED support, not lost support, especially considering that same-sex marriage in California was now a reality. With numbers like these, the future for their side looks bleak.

You've got to look on the bright side of things. Being pessimistic is counter-productive, and it also makes you feel like crap. Why live like that?

Old 03-27-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think most straight people actually deserve a lot more credit than they're getting.

In the year 2000 in California, the voters passed Proposition 22, which said we would only recognize male/female marriages from other states. This was before same-sex marriage was even being discussed as a possibility in California. The law passed with 62% in favor of it, 38% against.

Fast forward to 2008. Same-sex marriage was a REALITY in California. Proposition 8 came along (an amendment to the California Constitution which would define marriage as only between a man and a woman), and it passed with 52% voting in favor of it. But 48% of the people voted against it and wanted to keep same-sex marriage legal!

Look at how things have changed. In just 8 years, the anti-same-sex-marriage side lost 10 percentage points. If their movement had any momentum at all, they would have GAINED support, not lost support, especially considering that same-sex marriage in California was now a reality. With numbers like these, the future for their side looks bleak.

You've got to look on the bright side of things. Being pessimistic is counter-productive, and it also makes you feel like crap. Why live like that?
You're speaking about voting patters, not the individual experiences of gays and lesbians. I am focused on the subtle, micro level. You keep emphasizing the mass change, and I am telling you that that is irrelevant in a culture that does not want us here.

If you have a partner, go outside and take in the sights while holding hands, perhaps dry-kissing each other occasionally (everything in good taste, like a heterosexual) and see the kind of attention you receive. Then come back and tell me how much progress we are making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies