Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 08:52 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
My thoughts exactly. Who cares how many foreigners drink the kool aide this lying skunk of a President pours out?
I think the OP is high on Koolaid as well.....first he reported 100k, then he changed it and went down to 50k, now ONCE AGAIN he has changed it to 26.5k......LMAO.
I know an organizer of the protest here in Waco TX, we had 2, one in the morning and one in the evening, and combined there were between 2500-3000.....Waco has about 225K Metro population. Fox News reported the protest in Atlanta had over 15,000........so I guess in the OPS eyes there were only protest in Atlanta AND Waco.
He's simply delusional!
And to think, people like that voted in our last election....SCARY!

Old 04-16-2009, 08:52 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
[quote=coastalrap;8370258]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post

Well lets see, every time we raise taxes and strangle small business, it hurts the economy and every time we reduce taxes and allow small business to invest our economy grows.

Lets raise taxes and strangle small business

I guess it's all a matter of what outcome you're looking for, big gubmint or thriving economy.
If you say so..Thanks for backing up your claims with

Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 AM

683 posts, read 824,935 times
I wonder what you leftist obamacrat drones had to say when all of the hispanics were protesting against illegal immigration reform???? Key word there being "illegal"... I'm sure that was all fine and dandy as long as they were voting on your side...

How many billions of our tax dollars went to ACORN to encourage voter fraud yet we can't secure our borders???

Of course that voter fraud story can't be true since your liberal fan club media did not report it....

Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Bush fabriacted a war to fund which is wrong, that OBAMA opposed.
But Obama DID vote to fund it....

I guess you have the same plan for the economy that McCain had..nothing. Just critisize the other guys. Nice.[/quote]
Actually McCain would have gone down the same path as Obama,difference being you would be howling with outrage if he had.

Go read some of Ron Paul's ideas to see what should be done...

As to the OP,news reports from Albuquerque put the number at 10,000.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
I think the OP is high on Koolaid as well.....first he reported 100k, then he changed it and went down to 50k, now ONCE AGAIN he has changed it to 26.5k......LMAO.
I know an organizer of the protest here in Waco TX, we had 2, one in the morning and one in the evening, and combined there were between 2500-3000.....Waco has about 225K Metro population. Fox News reported the protest in Atlanta had over 15,000........so I guess in the OPS eyes there were only protest in Atlanta AND Waco.
He's simply delusional!
And to think, people like that voted in our last election....SCARY!
Cavuto caught off-camera making up Tea Party attendance numbers - The Activity Pit

"Cavuto caught off-camera making up Tea Party attendance numbers. a clip of Cavuto talking to some guy off-camera saying there were "around 5000" people in the crowd. They they showed him on the air 9 minutes later saying, "They expected 5000, but it's got to be twice or three times as much as that!"

Yeah..I believe foxnews.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:58 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uber_bwnage View Post
But its okay for ACORN to pay protesters minimum wage to picket in front of banks? You wanna talk about "astroturf"...check your side of the fence pal!

I love it when the right is right (yet again!)
way to try to deflect, "pal."

Old 04-16-2009, 08:59 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Was the borrowing under Bush good or bad?

Is saddling future generations with insurmountable debt good if it makes your life easier now?
Of course not. Bush was borrowing in order to conduct illegal foreign wars, and to enrich the wealthy and the multinational corporations. Some of that ends up trickling down - but not much.

Obama is investing in our future. He's investing in education. He's investing in infrastructure. He's investing in energy. He's making it easier for us to be competitive in the future.

Your example is like comparing the borrowing of money in order to go to the track, versus borrowing money in order to pay for a college degree, or to start a new business.

There's good borrowing and bad borrrowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
But Obama DID vote to fund it....

I guess you have the same plan for the economy that McCain had..nothing. Just critisize the other guys. Nice.
Actually McCain would have gone down the same path as Obama,difference being you would be howling with outrage if he had.

Go read some of Ron Paul's ideas to see what should be done...
As to the OP,news reports from Albuquerque put the number at 10,000.[/quote]

Obama funder the war..Old right-wing talking point revisited.

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
One that has been a dismal failure since only 26,000 people in a nation of 300 million even bothered to show up for. We get larger crowds for local political events here in just this city.
Why do you repeat this lie?
The truth is of course many many more ordinary Americans protested their government being out of control when it comes to spending....

and for some reason that frightens the left.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:03 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,198 times
Again, you don't count payroll taxes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies