Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 08:02 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
What? You've got a problem with a political party that means to see america fail??? Passive aggressive playing to lose isn't tasty to you??

Well they have the blue print...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 08:05 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Not only that, but heckling, whining, tantrums... I don't hear any legitimate alternatives or proposed plans from any side of that aisle. Amazing.

Where's Ron Paul's plan??? Come on Ron, front and center. Let's hear it.
Well would you rather have $60k a tax payer spread out over 10 years or have the government find a way to spend it. We shouldn't forget the government has it's $38,000 toilets also. One of the sections of the bill for Mr. Reid is a light rail system of which a big chunk is to get the system to the bunny ranch. Though all projects will not be like that by doing what they are they are saying the government can spend yours, your kids and your kids kids kids money better than they can. But of course Americans don't want ugly times, we might die if we go through a correction.

Put it this way we just bait and switched China into buying a bunch of our debt and then turned around and printed a trillion dollars making that debt worth less to them. When France is lecturing us on high taxes even democrats should take notice. All that's only relevant if this isn't a behind the scenes scheme to globalize which I think is entirely possible.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:18 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
No you obviously showed you didn't have a clue by continuing to state total debt as if it was public debt. Public debt is what you, me and every generation to follow will be responsible for or basically when we are all leveraged out and WWIII begins.
So the title of the box "Total Public Debt Outstanding" on my U.S. Government National Debt link:

Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

which currently shows 11,046,247,657,049.48 (11.046 Trillion) as of today March 27, 2009

is not the PUBLIC DEBT you are referring to?

Once again I will ask you .. SHOW ME YOUR NUMBERS and PROVIDE A LINK!

Otherwise ... your posts are totally meaningless.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:33 PM

I've shown you at least 4 times now and you keep repeating the same thing. Why do you use the link you are getting your numbers from and look up the definitions of each. Post #30 I think covered it.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:40 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
We shouldn't forget the government has it's $38,000 toilets also.
Hmm, in the 80's I think I heard about expensive toilet seats as an example of government excess. And until last year I assumed that to be true (someone corrected me).

Quote:
These on-board toilets required a uniquely shaped, molded fiberglass piece that had to satisfy specifications for the vibration resistance, weight, and durability. The molds had to be specially made as it had been decades since the planes' original production. The price of the "seats" reflected the design work and the cost of the equipment to manufacture them.
Toilet seat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course, you may be talking about something else entirely, in which case, do you have more info (a link)?

Old 03-27-2009, 08:46 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmama View Post
Kinda like their housing plan. No numbers at all.
Just like the budget, don't worry about what it cost because it is a whole lot less than the Democrat's!

Eric Cantor : GOP Housing Plan is About Fairness - Townhall.com

Old 03-27-2009, 08:50 PM

707 posts, read 1,022,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Just like the budget, don't worry about what it cost because it is a whole lot less than the Democrat's!

Eric Cantor : GOP Housing Plan is About Fairness - Townhall.com

Oh i read that term paper they called a housing plan...And like the "conservative" media stated, its incomplete and do not provide any information on how much this will cost the tax payers, especially when it comes to the banks so called tax breaks.

And the budget, good gloss over once again. Your right, we don't need to worry about it, because they do not have one.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:50 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
I've shown you at least 4 times now and you keep repeating the same thing. Why do you use the link you are getting your numbers from and look up the definitions of each. Post #30 I think covered it.
Sorry ... but the numbers I provided are the ones used when referring to the National Debt.

They are the ones which Congressmen quote on Capitol Hill.

They are the ones reported on the news.

They are the ones which were 5.7 Trillion when Bush took office, and 10.6 Trillion when he left.

You are just trying to "confuse the issue" by using numbers which you want to use, to support whatever argument it is you are trying to make.

So you haven't really done anything more than provide a few definitions from the website which I told you about?

Sorry ... but that DOESN'T answer the questions in my previous post.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Hmm, in the 80's I think I heard about expensive toilet seats as an example of government excess. And until last year I assumed that to be true (someone corrected me).

Toilet seat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course, you may be talking about something else entirely, in which case, do you have more info (a link)?
Let me clarify before we move on. Government has no waste?

Old 03-27-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Sorry ... but the numbers I provided are the ones used when referring to the National Debt.

They are the ones which Congressmen quote on Capitol Hill.

They are the ones reported on the news.

They are the ones which were 5.7 Trillion when Bush took office, and 10.6 Trillion when he left.

You are just trying to "confuse the issue" by using numbers which you want to use, to support whatever argument it is you are trying to make.

So you haven't really done anything more than provide a few definitions from the website which I told you about?

Sorry ... but that DOESN'T answer the questions in my previous post.

I'm sorry you're so easily confused.
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/100xx/doc...dentBudget.pdf
Control + f, "public", Table 1-2, Debt Held by the Public (notice that's the baseline)
Table 1-4 is the presidents proposal and yes I realize the CBO is a right wing conspiracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies