Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 04:28 PM

504 posts, read 902,142 times

Advertisements

VIDEO -----> ABC News 6 Gerald Celente Predicts Economic Armageddon by 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 04:31 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
yeah, serious stuff

Old 03-27-2009, 04:51 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker2012 View Post
I sent an appropriate email with the address given and chimed in. Told the ABC Affiliate what I thought. Told them that this Celente Guy is a hack & Wackjob. I wonder who is funding him, maybe the Heritage Foundation I am certain some rightwing group given all the fear in the video clip, riots etc. It's a dead give away. The Repugs use fear as some insane means to convey their messages. Unimpressed!

Ooooooooooooooooo Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Old 03-27-2009, 05:24 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,372,081 times
He may not be totally right (only time will tell) but I don't think he is a hack. The Feds can't keep spending and printing money without something negative happening.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:47 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Another prediction of some type of Armageddon? Put it on the list!

Old 03-27-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
He may not be totally right (only time will tell) but I don't think he is a hack. The Feds can't keep spending and printing money without something negative happening.
Yea, that Reinvesting in America and Jobs Creation Bill is deemed negative. And the real negativity from this will be JOBS

Old 03-27-2009, 05:50 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times
This is nothing less than the MSM promoting sensationalist nonsense for ratings. Which pretty much reveals how low the media has sunk in this nation.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:30 PM

654 posts, read 1,210,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I sent an appropriate email with the address given and chimed in. Told the ABC Affiliate what I thought. Told them that this Celente Guy is a hack & Wackjob. I wonder who is funding him, maybe the Heritage Foundation I am certain some rightwing group given all the fear in the video clip, riots etc. It's a dead give away. The Repugs use fear as some insane means to convey their messages. Unimpressed!

Ooooooooooooooooo Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Using fear? You mean like Pres_ent Obama and his minions telling everyone that we are facing "the biggest crisis since the Great Depression" and that things will only get worse unless we go along with their marxist redistribution scheme? Or their attitude to "never let a good crisis go to waste"?

Everything is a crisis with these guys. Everything is such a huge crisis that bills that quadruple our national debt in order to "fix" the economy cannot even be debated since they need to be passed right now, no questions asked and to hell with the consequences.

But yeah, you're right, a guy who has historically been critical of both major parties and all politicians coming out and saying this translates to "the Repugs use fear as some insane means to convey their messages". Whatever you say pal.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
Using fear? You mean like Pres_ent Obama and his minions telling everyone that we are facing "the biggest crisis since the Great Depression" and that things will only get worse unless we go along with their marxist redistribution scheme? Or their attitude to "never let a good crisis go to waste"?

Everything is a crisis with these guys. Everything is such a huge crisis that bills that quadruple our national debt in order to "fix" the economy cannot even be debated since they need to be passed right now, no questions asked and to hell with the consequences.

But yeah, you're right, a guy who has historically been critical of both major parties and all politicians coming out and saying this translates to "the Repugs use fear as some insane means to convey their messages". Whatever you say pal.
The CONS use fear as their friend, that's a given. If you don't see it than you must be a blind CON.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:49 PM

1,763 posts, read 7,332,123 times
Dude, they've all been using fear since Ike left office. It's just that the GOP prefers external threats while the Democratic party prefers internal or class-specific threats. That's how they roll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies