Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:08 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Extreme is the constant argument brought up by pro-choicers saying that you can't ban abortion because what about the .00000000001% of abortions that are had by victims of incest or rape.

While those are tragic situations, they account for the VAST minority of procedures. By the left always throws that out to get emotion involved.
I think if you check that statistic, you will find that you wildly exaggerated it, probably in order to make your point more emotional and extreme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 11:31 AM

2,557 posts, read 5,860,287 times
"I have just seven words for you -- butt the he!! out of my life..."

I presume this message is directed at God too!

Old 03-29-2009, 11:46 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
This has absolutely nothing to do with religion. It's about being HUMANE. The babies were VIABLE -- in other words, capable of surviving outside of the womb. Why weren't they given this chance? If the woman wants nothing to do with them, I am quite sure that there are couples who would GLADLY have raised them. Every newspaper I've seen has ads from childless couples who are begging to adopt unwanted babies and who are willing to take care of the medical bills.

Any "medical" arguments here don't fly. If the woman was well enough to undergo a procedure in which the baby is killed inside of her and then delivered, then she was certainly well enough to deliver the baby WITHOUT having the baby's skull smashed inside of her. And if there was, indeed, an overwhelming medical problem exacerbated by this pregnancy, then she would have had an abortion well before the baby was viable.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:48 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,426,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
Please, point out in the article where it said exactly that. Third trimester is the 28-40 weeks. If I remember correctly, I believe the fetus was aborted at 28 and 30 weeks.

This is what I mean when I say emotions run high on this thread. You can't have a rational discussion with people without having someone take it to the extreme.
That's 7-8 months. Babies are born at this age all the time and when they come out, they live and grow to be normal children.

That's not a fetus. That's a baby. A baby that feels pain and feels their head being crushed so they can take out the lifeless body.

Whatever you want to call it, it's wrong.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:46 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
I wish the story had been more complete -- there seems to be a lot of missing information. What struck me is that these abortions are being performed on viable fetuses, some of which were 'medically comprimised' but the majority of which were performed on teenagers. Teenagers tend to have healthy babies, it does make me wonder just how many were carrying 'medically comprimised' fetuses and how many were hiding their pregnancies?
If the prochoice camp has one glaring fault, it is the eagerness to gloss over any and all types of abortions for any and all reasons in order to keep the sacred cow untouchable. Fetal medicine is far and above what it was when Roe V Wade was passed. Our understanding of fetal developement is greater as well....yet we are bound by definations made in the dark ages of fetal developement? Talk about clinging to ones superstitions, upton! Yet ardent prochoicers do not want to revisit this very controversial and ugly aspect of abortion. Perhaps because they fear that losing so much of an inch they will lose all their rights? Granted, a valid fear. Still - there is such a thing as common human decency, and to have late term abortions being done for any reason then the imminent death of the mother is barbaric. And, it dirties the cause of reproductive rights.
As I said, I would like to see more information about why these abortions that are being done on teenagers to their viable fetuses were deemed appropriate. Did the teens want it? Or did their parents?
As far as the ten year old goes --- my god, what a nightmare. I wish they had said if the girls rapist was prosecuted. Or was this abortion a way to 'destroy' the evidence?

Old 03-29-2009, 08:49 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
He may have gotten off on Earth but he be judged by God and suffer in Hell for all eternity. He is nothing short of a Nazi doctor death.
He's a murderer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies