Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 06:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

I find it almost funny that the same individuals here who have cricized the deficit ran by Bush, are almost defending Obamas quadrupling it in one year.

Another brilliant Bush move - lets make the deficit bigger!

Bush Will Leave $482 Billion Deficit

for example.

Why no outcry over the deficit liberals? I know, I know, we were in such bad shape that the money had to be spent right? Ooh but we all cried over Bush spending $350Billion to bail out the banks but not a peep about Obama spending trillions..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 06:18 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,525 times
Because they are all drunk from the Kool Aid! They can listen to the facts of Bush's deficit and Obama has tripled that in just 60 days and they still are screaming about Bush. It is just amazing how they see only what they want to see and hear only what they want to hear.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:22 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
They define hypocrisy. If Webster could have a picture it would be a pinko CD whiner. Most likely someone with an adamant love of dictatorship, one party rule. Joe Biden would stand next to an Indian while Obama stands next to a Special Olympian. They define elitist hypocrites as they always have. That's why they can never hold office very long, too many East German prostitutes, American exceptionalist and rich people in the way.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:23 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Because they are all drunk from the Kool Aid! They can listen to the facts of Bush's deficit and Obama has tripled that in just 60 days and they still are screaming about Bush. It is just amazing how they see only what they want to see and hear only what they want to hear.
Grow up.

Because--as many, many people have pointed out--there is no other way. Bush brought down our economy, which affected the world economy. There isn't a world leader anywhere that is doing anything differently from Obama. We are in a global economy now (thanks to both Bush and Clinton). Even Paul Krugman thinks Obama isn't spending enough.

Got an alternative plan? Perhaps the friggin' joke which was the so-called Republican "budget"?

Just another excuse for a bunch of adolescents to whine about Obama.

Kool-aid? Are you kidding me? How old are you?

Old 03-28-2009, 06:24 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
They define hypocrisy. If Webster could have a picture it would be a pinko CD whiner. Most likely someone with an adamant love of dictatorship, one party rule.
Since you and the other right-wingers appear to have the answers, why don't you do everybody a favor and type them up and send them off to your representatives in Congress? Or did you already do that, and that was the illustrious Republican "budget" rolled out this past week?

Old 03-28-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Grow up.

Because--as many, many people have pointed out--there is no other way. Bush brought down our economy, which affected the world economy. There isn't a world leader anywhere that is doing anything differently from Obama. We are in a global economy now (thanks to both Bush and Clinton). Even Paul Krugman thinks Obama isn't spending enough.

Got an alternative plan? Perhaps the friggin' joke which was the so-called Republican "budget"?

Need I remind you that liberals credit Clinton with an economic boom because of the "balanced budget"? So wouldnt one argue that the higher the defificts, the worse the economy would be, not better? After all, if we're needing to spend more on interest yearly than the year before, we're really not getting better are we?

Reminds me of many home owners that have gone bankrupt, they just kept borrowing and spending and borrowing and spending till they just couldnt borrow anymore..

Old 03-28-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Since you and the other right-wingers appear to have the answers, why don't you do everybody a favor and type them up and send them off to your representatives in Congress? Or did you already do that, and that was the illustrious Republican "budget" rolled out this past week?
You have your two years to destroy the country. That'll be it. Destroy it the best you can.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You have your two years to destroy the country. That'll be it. Destroy it the best you can.
I think thats just it, the Obama deficit will be the most advertised campaign reason to elect a Republican Congress, if only they will be smart enough to use it, and if they win, not abuse it. Republicans havent been known for fiscal responsibility lately either..

Old 03-28-2009, 06:36 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Grow up.

"Bush brought down our economy"

Specificly how?

Exactly what did he do?

Old 03-28-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I think thats just it, the Obama deficit will be the most advertised campaign reason to elect a Republican Congress, if only they will be smart enough to use it, and if they win, not abuse it. Republicans havent been known for fiscal responsibility lately either..
It'll haunt them for decades. I'm not a republican but this load blowing garbage campaign is over. Even democrats on the hill understand their careers are on the line with this BS and many already knew it was a power grab. they're finally conceding they have grabbed all the power they can without revolution. Not the Admin though....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies