Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 10:05 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,639,405 times

Advertisements

Those of you who are planning on taking the challenge need to do soon. At the rate this is going, he will be off the air next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 01:22 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,108 times
Eh, no thanks, I've usually just ready his own transcripts to see if what people were saying about him is accurate. And his critics' assessments of him usually are - his show is pretty disgusting.

Ah, well, I'm sure he'll stay on the air - or end up on satellite or podcasting. There are still plenty of people that...well, like is the wrong word...they think his angry bigoted rants are informative, I guess.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:37 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,800,541 times
This has to be a record for simultaneous Limbaugh threads.
Keep it up; his ratings are soaring.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:09 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
Default Maher Defends Limbaugh.

Bill Maher speaks up for Rush Limbaugh - msnNOW

Old 03-07-2012, 07:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
As for the advertisers fleeing his show yep, seems to have worked out well for at least one of 'em. It was just reported on the news that Carbonite (the online backup company) stock dropped pretty bad (worse than the averages for the day) and is being attributed to leaving the show.

Knee jerk reactions to a bunch of P.C. police who are up in arms over pretty much nothing worse than you'd hear on Saturday Night Live or on the left's darlings shows (Bill Maher,MSNBC etc) seems to be working in reverse for at least one company.

I don't listen to him much anymore, loved the timber updates, the environmentalist whacko updates etc back in the day but those are no longer and like Hannity, the right wing diatribe gets boring over and over again.
I do love how the "holier than thou" people on here keep bringing up the man's personal life like he's any worse than let's say someone who cheats on his wife in the oval office repeatedly then LIES, or the guy that sends questionable pictures of himself to women (not his wife) then LIES about it etc.

Doesn't that morality high horse y'all are riding ever get tired of being led only one way?
Seriously, just admit that if that was YOUR daughter testifying in front of congress complaining that she couldn't get her birth control pills for free you'd be mortified or (hopefully) at least mildly embarrassed that your daughter is admitting she sleeps around on TV and wants others to pay for it.

Last edited by jimj; 03-07-2012 at 07:31 AM..

Old 03-07-2012, 08:17 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,491,142 times
"Take the Limbaugh Challenge..Liberals who hate Rush Limbaugh -- why don't you actually listen to his show before bashing"

I'm not a liberal. I've listened to Rush. He's what, in the 60s and 70s politically intelligent people would call a "Pig." He's a bad entertainer. A racist. A sexist. A substance abuser. Someone who does not believe in the values and traditions of our nation. I'm not surprised that the crackers, rednecks and extremists consider him an idol. Consider the source(s).

Old 03-07-2012, 08:47 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
"Take the Limbaugh Challenge..Liberals who hate Rush Limbaugh -- why don't you actually listen to his show before bashing"

I'm not a liberal. I've listened to Rush. He's what, in the 60s and 70s politically intelligent people would call a "Pig." He's a bad entertainer. A racist. A sexist. A substance abuser. Someone who does not believe in the values and traditions of our nation. I'm not surprised that the crackers, rednecks and extremists consider him an idol. Consider the source(s).
Now to be fair why not point out all the flaws both personal and professional of all those that are now on the "bash Rush train" if you dare? Most will soon see that most of those that are the most vocal on this topic have also got "tainted" pasts as bad as if not worse than the person they're attacking.

Just more people in glass houses throwing bricks.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:49 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,675,517 times
I have listened to him quite a bit.
I was amazed when I found out people actually take him serious.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:51 AM

32,060 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
I have listened to him quite a bit.
I was amazed when I found out people actually take him serious.
Well that is the scary part since his followers take him quite seriously

Old 03-07-2012, 08:53 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,675,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well that is the scary part since his followers take him quite seriously
Indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies