Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:26 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm starting to see a pattern of the White House targeting private citizens who descent. Maybe I'll mail BHO a teabag today in honor of Basso. In fact, I say we all mail BHO a teabag. My favorite Founder, Benjamin Franklin, said, "If we don't all hang together, we shall certainly hang separately".
Mail the tag not the actual tea bag. The teabag wont make it only the tag to the tea bag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 08:29 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,412,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's a bad thing if you're doing it to squash opposition and dissent.
There's a number of subtle changes going on..War on Terror is being changed to some other verbage for example and that directive came from the White House.

Freedom of Speech is nothing to be toyed with and I hope I'm wrong.
I hope you're wrong, too, but with people like Pelosi and Nobama in charge I think that hope is reduced to wishful thinking. My advice is to look around you and take some pictures. Things will NOT be the same (nor improved) over the next four years.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:33 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,412,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Well, we'll have to see. I highly doubt the President would be so open about a meeting if his intentions were nefarious.
Surely you are joking. Nobama is boldly thinking that his simple majority that won him the election are behind him as he erodes the rights of traditional, patriotic Americans that believe in reason and responsibility (not something that the Democratic party has ever been noted for, I'm afraid).

Old 03-30-2009, 08:37 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Even the fervor on C-SPAN has increased. People from all over the world are just angry, apparently at anything in the headlights. Mob like would be a good comparison. Wars have been started over less.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:57 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Mail the tag not the actual tea bag. The teabag wont make it only the tag to the tea bag
Thanks for that suggestion. I was wondering how a teabag would make it through. Then I thought about sending a whole box of tea, and pictured the staff using it for tea breaks and having a good laugh (at us). Can't have that, now, can we! so, it's the tag that is on its way. Let them put THAT in their cup and soak it!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:15 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
It has just occurred to me that with the upward spiraling of teabag and postage costs, the minimum cost of participating in this protest could well exceed $.4500 per protester.

If all 300 million Americans participated, the cost could exceed $145 million.

For cost/effect ratio, wouldn't a cannonball shot through a White House window provide more bang for the buck?

Hey, I'm not suggesting nuthin illegal, I'm just saying . .

Old 03-30-2009, 09:17 AM

Patriotism. The PO is failing...

Old 03-30-2009, 09:25 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,383,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
Surely you are joking. Nobama is boldly thinking that his simple majority that won him the election are behind him as he erodes the rights of traditional, patriotic Americans that believe in reason and responsibility (not something that the Democratic party has ever been noted for, I'm afraid).
Well. I'm positive you are wrong. We'll just have to see. My problem with all of this is that when NOTHING HAPPENS, you will gleefully skip to the next conspiracy, ignoring the very bold statements you're making.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Well. I'm positive you are wrong. We'll just have to see. My problem with all of this is that when NOTHING HAPPENS, you will gleefully skip to the next conspiracy, ignoring the very bold statements you're making.
You mean a conspiracy that's totally forgotten like Palin supporters yelled out "kill him"... Or Trig was really Bristol's baby and Palin was taking the heat for him... Still no apologies about that garbage at all. At least these have merits as Obama has much contempt for dissent which is a well known trait for severe narcissist.

Quote:
Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. They believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nar...sorder/DS00652

Just sayin...

Old 03-30-2009, 09:39 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,383,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You mean a conspiracy that's totally forgotten like Palin supporters yelled out "kill him"... Or Trig was really Bristol's baby and Palin was taking the heat for him... Still no apologies about that garbage at all. At least these have merits as Obama has much contempt for dissent which is a well known trait for severe narcissist.
A) None of those theories (one of which is stupid and the other, based on some of the bile I see on this very message board, is totally plausible...) involve a sitting president of the United States rubbing out a dissident.
B) Severe narcissist? What a stretch. All politicians are egotistical. It's part of the job description.
C) These claims that folks are making here are serious. Really serious. I find it ridiculous that anyone would claim anything like this with zero evidence. I mean, let's be serious: What do you think could possibly happen to Basso? He gets a firm talking-to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies