Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 01:59 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,510,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I was actually referring to the misinformation on "legacy" assets as well as 80% stake in a company to avoid the term "nationalization".
Try reading your posts. AIG is not an industry. If you're claiming it is, then that's a lie as well. If you're not claiming it is, then why did you reply to a post requesting what industry has been nationalized?

Stay on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 02:01 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,952,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
AIG, TARP, the auto bailout were all Pre-Obama! It wa Dubya who signed off on all of this. What has he nationalized?
Since Obama is in many cases outBushing Bush and enacting similar policies, one should not suggest that conservatives believe Bush is the antonym of Obama.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:32 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,425,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This is the biggest pile of Pelosi I can remember reading. All these years we have had freedom of speech and you suggest that only lefties should be allowed to keep it.
Not what was suggested at all. The right spent decades specifically building a disinformation network from designs that had been previously developed by the tobacco industry and religious fundamentalists. Major financial backing for the project was provided by folks like Richard Mellon Scaife and assorted other hard-right multi-millionaires. The purpose of this enterprise is to produce lies that don't look like lies....fictions that be pandered off to the unsuspecting and uncritical as if they were the truth. The endeavor has been quite successful in the long-run as the regular bits of unfounded disinformation that are passed on by right-wingers right here in CD would only go to demonstrate.

As I said, I don't believe that Obama is interested in nationaliing anything, but if he were, removing such a corrupting influence as the right-wing disinformation media would do a real service to the country and to its too easily disinformed electorate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Now before you get carried away go back and read your suggestion and tell me that you aren't talking about taking that freedom from those who don't think like you do.
Thinking isn't the issue. It's the lack of it on the one hand, and attempts to supplant it with preprogramming and propaganda on the other. Anyone who actually thinks has a legitimate role to play on the political and other intellectual scenes...

Old 03-30-2009, 02:37 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,425,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Since Obama is in many cases outBushing Bush and enacting similar policies, one should not suggest that conservatives believe Bush is the antonym of Obama.
Nor should one assume that certain conservatives themselves have any understanding at all of what it is that they think that they believe...

Old 03-30-2009, 02:39 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
nationalizing is a big mistake. dont give them money either. let them drown.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:40 PM

23,446 posts, read 17,113,855 times
Default senate and the house

If the GM CEO could be 'fired' by the White House because they had taken public funds and performed poorly I would like to see this practice extended to congress and the senate who exist only thru public funding. When will Barney, Chris, Nancy and a host of others on both sides of the aisle be fired for incompetence ?

Old 03-30-2009, 02:45 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,510,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
When will Barney, Chris, Nancy and a host of others on both sides of the aisle be fired for incompetence ?
2010. It's called democracy. It takes place in voting booths.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:55 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,939,390 times
Sagnista is a perfect example of the old saying "show me a liberal and I'll scratch you out a fascist"

Old 04-01-2009, 03:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
2010. It's called democracy. It takes place in voting booths.
Very wisely said but I doubt our people will do their job at that election no more than they have before. Politicians will continue to crap on us and we will continue to send them back.

I say fire all of them and start over again. Surely there are 535 honest people in this nation that could manage to run the place in our interest instead of just in theirs.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:04 PM

11 posts, read 14,517 times
Obama will nationalize oil thats why we are in Afghanistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies